Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order premiere set for April 13

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Update:

Publisher Electronic Arts and developer Respawn Entertainment will share the first look at Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order at Star Wars Celebration Chicago on April 13 at 1:30 p.m. CDT, the companies announced. The event will be live streamed on Twitch.

Here is an overview of the event, via StarWarsCelebration.com:

Join the head of Respawn Entertainment, Vince Zampella, and Game Director, Stig Asmussen, along with many special guests, to be the first to learn about this holiday’s highly anticipated action adventure game, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Hear how Respawn and Lucasfilm collaborated on this original Star Wars story, following a young Padawan’s journey in the Dark Times following Order 66. And of course, we’ll have a few surprises in store.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is due out this holiday.
First look from an actual game or will it be another Anthem E3 2017 situation?

Last edited:

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Wallet
or
Star Wars: Jedi Bank Order
or
Star Wars: Jedi Spends Money

or maybe...

Star Wars: Jedi Must Pivot...

Probs gunna be passable. Might look pretty though.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
No doubt it will look great visually but I'm getting tired of these big companies showcasing the PC build or something they whipped together that amounts to nothing more than a target render. The Division, Battlefield, Anthem etc. It doesn't seem like any of it is real until they launch the game and you see all of the shortcomings.

I remember when I watched the gameplay reveal demo walkthrough for The Last of Us and the only difference with that and the final product was that Naughty Dog programmed an in-game cinematic to close out the level. These newer games though... cutting out piece after piece until there's little more than a skeleton of a product.

Hopefully this is a spiritual successor to KotOR ! and II, something similar to Amy Hennig's cancelled Star Wars project, or even Star Wars 1313.

Last edited:

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
No doubt it will look great visually but I'm getting tired of these big companies showcasing the PC build or something they whipped together that amounts to nothing more than a target render. The Division, Battlefield, Anthem etc. It doesn't seem like any of it is real until they launch the game and you see all of the shortcomings.

I remember when I watched the gameplay reveal demo walkthrough for The Last of Us and the only difference with that and the final product was that Naughty Dog programmed an in-game cinematic to close out the level. These newer games though... cutting out piece after piece until there's little more than a skeleton of a product.

Hopefully this is a spiritual successor to KotOR ! and II, something similar to Amy Hennig's cancelled Star Wars project, or even Star Wars 1313.
My assumption is that it's going to be a generic action/rpg with a Star Wars reskin. I'm hoping it exceeds my low expectations for gameplay, but I doubt it will. EA (along with Ubisoft and Activision) turn practically every good idea into garbage anymore.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
My assumption is that it's going to be a generic action/rpg with a Star Wars reskin. I'm hoping it exceeds my low expectations for gameplay, but I doubt it will. EA (along with Ubisoft and Activision) turn practically every good idea into garbage anymore.
We should know more tomorrow but in the meantime the poster was leaked.

"Don't stand out." They must have been talking about that shiny blue lightsaber.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Writers are shooting from the hip with regards to how the Jedi are portrayed.

There's Rey, who becomes a Jedi master after watching Luke drink some green milk, and now this dude seemingly was just born to be a Jedi master.

I always liked Star Wars (im one of those odd few that liked the prequel trilogy), so i'll see what's up since they also said there's no microtransactions and MP. But take the lightsaber away, and it's not feeling too Star Wars-y.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
I didn't know anything about the game before watching the trailer and don't know much more after watching it. It would be nice if it's a game that actually feels like a star wars game. If they plan to make a games that just feels like it's wearing a star wars costume (like the "new" Battelefront games) I'm not interested.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Writers are shooting from the hip with regards to how the Jedi are portrayed.

There's Rey, who becomes a Jedi master after watching Luke drink some green milk, and now this dude seemingly was just born to be a Jedi master.

I always liked Star Wars (im one of those odd few that liked the prequel trilogy), so i'll see what's up since they also said there's no microtransactions and MP. But take the lightsaber away, and it's not feeling too Star Wars-y.
Didn't you know? The greater the stress, the more powerful the Jedi you become.

Cameron Monaghan, who plays Joker in the Gotham TV show, is voicing the Jedi along with his likeness being rendered to the character.

As for Star Wars in general, yeah, the new trilogy is awful. Hopefully this is more like Rogue One and Solo (both of which I thought were fantastic additions).