State Of Decay 2 Co-op - Xbone X footage and it runs like

May 20, 2008
I don’t see anything that makes the game unplayable. Maybe you should actually try it before........oh, wait I forgot . Never mind..lol

Jun 4, 2007

You've been on the ignore list for months. I don't even see your post when someone else quotes you. It's such a damn good feature. You sure as hell see everything that I'm doing. I wonder how you feel quoting me and wasting your time?:ROFLMAO:

I don't care about how janky the 1st sod was. This game runs like :poop: on the X. That's in and out of co-op according to gamer informer. It's inexcusable. They need to patch this before reviews come out. It's likely going to get torn apart if they don't.

Fan of the 1st title gives his impressions on the state of State of Decay 2.:unsure:

May 20, 2008

You've been on the ignore list for months. I don't even see your post when someone else quotes you. It's such a damn good feature. You sure as hell see everything that I'm doing. I wonder how you feel quoting me and wasting your time?:ROFLMAO:

I don't care about how janky the 1st sod was. This game runs like :poop: on the X. That's in and out of co-op according to gamer informer. It's inexcusable. They need to patch this before reviews come out. It's likely going to get torn apart if they don't.

Fan of the 1st title gives his impressions on the state of State of Decay 2.:unsure:
You read my posts and you know it. You aren’t fooling anyone. SOD isn’t a game that has flashy graphics but it’s more fun than a lot of games that do. One thing for sure is that it has good replay value. That’s something not even that”masterpiece “ has. By the way, why aren’t you busy playing that “masterpiece” instead of worrying about a game you have no interest in? Not much to do after you finish the story, I suppose.

Jun 4, 2007

More impressions. It has some PC footage. The jank and weird shit happens when it's running on the X. I'm guessing it's not X enhanced yet. You can only imagine how shitty it's going to run on the Xbone S. The xbox that most of the fanbase own.

Last edited:

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
'X' still uses the same CPU as all the other consoles (PS4, Pro, OneS etc.) and the unreal engine 4 does lean a bit heavier on the CPU than its predecessor did. So this game will run this way on all consoles. State of Decay does run a bit of simulation in the background (home base stuff etc.) and CPU time on consoles must be a premium commodity.

Additionally, this basically looks like the first State of Decay. It's disappointing the dev decided against streamlining the animations, but you can argue that's part of the aesthetic/gameplay they are after. Personally would have liked an animation revamp though.

Will note in addition that it is a bit disappointing that they haven't really addressed some of the gameplay issues. Noticed those dudes were swinging away long after zombies had died, a common element of the last one as well. Kind of odd that the Devs have left stuff like this as is because it becomes an issue when your stamina is low and you take one extra swing and basically stun lock yourself... would be nice if there was some sort of cue to inform you when you should be wrapping up your attack, or a phase where your inputs aren't registered - requiring you to actually be bad at the game, or down right dim to actually continue attacking.

Jun 4, 2007
It's going to be interesting to see what the reviews are.

Microsoft's most innovative games are indie exclusives. Maybe they should put more money behind them to bring them up to AAA quality levels.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
SOD has over 2 million players. Wait, I thought people were supposed to hate this game.
Devs must be happy with that. I don't recall the first doing too well sales-wise - by console standard i think it was considered quite niche.

I'll probably pick it up if they launch on Steam... no UWP for me (at least not yet anyways).

H

Hedon

SOD has over 2 million players. Wait, I thought people were supposed to hate this game.
Yeah, it's really good. I haven't had any issues related to bugs still other than clipping. I heard the latest patch did fix issues that people were having though, which is great.

Devs must be happy with that. I don't recall the first doing too well sales-wise - by console standard i think it was considered quite niche.

I'll probably pick it up if they launch on Steam... no UWP for me (at least not yet anyways).
State of Decay 1 sold 4.5 million copies on Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.

https://www.stateofdecay.com/

State of Decay 2, the sequel to the hit "State of Decay", which has sold more than 4.5M copies, is now available. Get the ultimate zombie survival fantasy game today.