Strange email about PSU

RuStY98

Apprentice
May 5, 2011
Bondi, NSW
Dear Webmaster

I am working for a client in the online sportsbetting industry. We
are looking for suitable partners to buy links from.

We feel your website http://www.psu.com would be ideal for our
advertising plans and would love to get a link on it.

Please let me know if you are interested and send on a list of quoted
prices.

I appreciate your time.

Best Regards,

Bryan

the email addy is [email protected]
eather someone has made a funny mistake or someone is trying to scam me

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 5673972]This Eric P. Roberts fella sounds like a good guy. I say we do business with him. Get on it Rusty![/QUOTE]

Eric Roberts like the actor. Lol!

love his email site @mail

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
obvious scammer is obvious...disregard it, mark it for phishing..people still send scam-mail nowadays? I honestly preferred the nigerian scam more lol

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5674086]WTF is an 'addy'?[/QUOTE]

an addy...short version of address. eg. whats your email addy?

god save us all...

lol.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 5673972]This Eric P. Roberts fella sounds like a good guy. I say we do business with him. Get on it Rusty![/QUOTE]

I concur.
Mr.B and co have a fine job. But it's time to take PSU to the next level.

Rusty, arrange a meet 'n' greet.

RuStY98

Apprentice
May 5, 2011
Bondi, NSW
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5674496]Rusty, can you promote me bro :snicker[/QUOTE]

I now promote you to site cook, now make me some damn food

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
[QUOTE="DreDayDetox, post: 5674081]obvious scammer is obvious...disregard it, mark it for phishing..people still send scam-mail nowadays? I honestly preferred the nigerian scam more lol[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Nigerian email scam is still working very well and fairly often.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/n...n-loses-660-000-dollars-to-Nigerian-scam-ring
Taiwan man loses 660,000 dollars to Nigerian scam ring
Jun 16, 2011
There are occasional news notices of people falling for this scam all the time. It is kind of unbelievable people are still suckers for this but there are more old people new to computers that are n00bs to online and this is all new to them. The weird thing is the Nigerian email scam was going on before there was an Internet (pre-1994), along with chain emails, and it has found a new life with the spreading of Internet accounts. The other one is starting an online relationship with someone and starting to send them money for different reasons. A lot of old people have lost their life savings on this one. Then, the news was investigating a very sophisticated scam where the old person was not sending any money but agreeing to be a transfer point for Ebay sales, thinking they were doing a favor for an online love interest. The scammer would have stolen ID credit cards, use those to buy electronics goods delivered to the victim, then sell the electronics on ebay for dirt cheap, have the victim handle the shipping, so the ebay buyer would think he got a legitimate deal, therefore no source of an ebay complaint. For the scammer, even if he sold the goods for dirt cheap, it was all profit since they never paid for the items in the first place. Ultimately, the money gets pulled out somewhere and that is where the law enforcement has found an intricate path of account forwarding with the end point usually being some bank in Romania or other east european country, sometimes being deposited from there to some off-shore account in a country that won't allow further investigation into bank accounts.

RuStY98

Apprentice
May 5, 2011
Bondi, NSW
now im just waiting for my pay check, exspecting a big backlog of pay here :) i need moonies to buy all the awesome games comming so the promotion came just in time yay

adamdolge

Super Elite
May 11, 2009
Oh, totally our bad. We forgot to mention that we are trying something new here at PSU. Every week we are turning management over to a member of the community. This person will be responsible for managing our ads, marketing, and business strategy. Picking our first member was complicated, but I think we made the right choice. Next week management turns to comment #39 of this thread.

Whatever you do, don't tell Mr. B!

:)

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="RuStY98, post: 5674538]I now promote you to site cook, now make me some damn food[/QUOTE]
This is why Rusty is where he is. Thinking outside the box. Internet meals. It's the future.