Stranglehold

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
I like this game for the Max Payne style action, but i noticed it has the most dead online community ever. :sleep:

Does anybody else own this game? :confused::-?

IIIKAGEIII

Superior Member
Apr 6, 2007
haha. its a really sweet game. i love playing it. but the online was just taked on, noone plays it or will ever play it. i have the collectors edition of it with hard boiled on the bluray. ( i bought it for the movie)

i never liked max payne but i love this. maybe because of the destrucable environments and all the cool interactions. you either love it or hate it thou. i played the demo maybe 30 times before i bought the game. it was great... a total frag fest.
i have no intentions of playing online thou. i guess its only there if you and a friend have the game and want to mess around. it definatly won't get any serious players they will all stick t cod4, resistance, warhawk...

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
meh, I only rented this...kinda short but fun, a max payne wanna-be with the fancy bullet time stuff..but it does live up to a Chow Yun Fat movie..reminds of that movie " the contender " with mark whalberg and mr.chow...yea, online is R.I.P. for this game...but it's fun...but, I liked max payne 1 more...had more suspense in it and it freaked me out when I was in his bad dreams levels

Sep 7, 2007
I saw the video for the online portion of this game and it looks ridiculous! Granted I never played it, but it certainly did not look that appealing. I can see why no one plays it online.

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
[QUOTE="Drunken Ninja, post: 0]I saw the video for the online portion of this game and it looks ridiculous! Granted I never played it, but it certainly did not look that appealing. I can see why no one plays it online.[/quote]
Actually its fairly fun, but i do have one complaint. They need to remove the special moves. Most people just level up to spin attack and shoot everybody down w/o much skill. otherwise i found it to be fun when i did get a game going.

meh, I only rented this...kinda short but fun, a max payne wanna-be with the fancy bullet time stuff.
Technically max payne stole most of its style from the movie this game is based on. ironic that its being called a wannabe of a game that was a wannabe of its movie version.

Nov 4, 2007
[QUOTE="DreDayDetox, post: 0]but it does live up to a Chow Yun Fat movie..reminds of that movie " the contender " with mark whalberg and mr.chow...[/quote]

Considering all the great Hong Kong action movies Chow Yun Fat was in, the best you could compare it to is The Contender? lol
Rent Hard Boiled and/or The Killer.

I played the Stranglehold demo and it's definitely fun. I love going into bullet time and blasting baddies in their face with my shotty.
I don't know if I'm going to buy it...I'll probably end up renting it, but I saw it for $40 at Best Buy yesterday and I was definitely tempted.

j1994

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2006
The most people I ever saw on it was ...2 people! And I couldnt even join their game.
The single-player is what it was made for. Just completed it, though the last level was a bit crap. Do you guys think there will be a Stranglehold 2?

Sep 24, 2007
I think the absurdly long load times for multiplayer games is the reason why no one plays this game.

I love the single player and think it was well worth the purchase. I am really not a fan of multiplayer so its no loss for me.

A

Ant_maclane

I played this online yesterday took me about twenty minuites to get online only four games was being played.I probely wont try again takes way to long to kill anybody you just keep getting more health for shooting people, so everbody just shoots each other for hours getting more health then get shot them selves and so on and so fourth.

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
[QUOTE="j1994, post: 0] Do you guys think there will be a Stranglehold 2?[/quote]
Personally I'd love to, or another john woo game like it, but sales arent that great on it. So who knows.

I know i like it and i wish they'd fix the online via update patch. Either way the game is nice. Probably could be better, but i'm not complaining about it.

arcticreaver

Elite Member
Jun 16, 2007
Stranglehold 2? well, they need to make some improvements here and there. people these days are asking for a lot of depth in the games they play. so, even though we like mindless killings and gun fights, we need something deeper than that. once they know what we want, it would be a good idea to come out with a sequel.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I purchased this on the X360 as it's more stable and has less jaggies.

The online on Live wasn't too bad, found games no problem but was getting pwned as soon as I got my butt online.

I loved this game and knew I'd purchase it as soon as I played the demo on both the triple and X360.

Just to make a clarification, Remedy may have stole the idea for Max Payne from Hard Boiled (the special edition game on the PS3 actually has the movie inside also) which is the movie Chow Yun fat stars in and to which Strangehold is the sequel.