Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max D Pad Gash/Solution maybe.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
I recently bought this game on the PSP. £10. Couldn't go wrong. I have always loved
playing Street Fighter.

However I find the PSP d-pad extremely poor for pulling off a move like the Shoryuken
or rising uppercut thing of Ken or Ryu. In fact, I find it nigh on impossible to pull it off
consistently. A problem I have never experienced before. Is anyone else having this
problem?

I even find myself jumping straight up instead of diagonally all to often too. It's becoming
increasingly infuriating.

EDIT: This may be a solution for you with null and void warranties out there.
http://ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/pspdpadfix/pspdpadfix.htm

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
Yeah. It's just such a important move to be able to do. The analogue nub is
useless for this. In fact, it's just completely useless altogether for this game.

My thumb is also smearing the screen but that is ok what with it being not
visible during play.

Maybe I need bigger thumbs.

G

Gotmilk

only problem i have is with the upper cut the fireball and the spining leg kick are fine the AI is alot smarter thought then anyother SF i have played

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
I learned my lesson when I picked up Darkstalkers for psp on launch day. I'll never buy another fighter for the PSP again.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
[QUOTE="gusgus, post: 0]I think that I might be the only one that didn't have a problem with the d-pad. When the game first came out, if you pre-ordered, you got a d-pad cover thing. ( http://psp.ign.com/articles/673/673821p1.html ) Maybe you could find one on ebay or something...[/QUOTE]

Wow. Cheers buddy. That is a solution right there. Hopefully I can get one.

[QUOTE="shepard, post: 0]I learned my lesson when I picked up Darkstalkers for psp on launch day. I'll never buy another fighter for the PSP again.[/QUOTE]

They must play test the bloody things though. I mean, c'mon!!!!

Maybe I have small thumbs.

Nisse

Apprentice
Dec 8, 2007
I have the same problem as you Lozt_again. Tho I use the analog stick for jumping, I can even pull off Shoryuken with some/lots of luck ^^;

Still a great game tho

Zabuza

Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2008
US
Can I use any d-pad cover for the psp in order to play fighting games? Could someone post the item on ebay? I just wanna make sure I can get any d-pad.

Lozt_again

Master Poster
May 9, 2006
soundcloud.com
[QUOTE="Zabuza, post: 0]Can I use any d-pad cover for the psp in order to play fighting games? Could someone post the item on ebay? I just wanna make sure I can get any d-pad.[/QUOTE]

When you say cover, you mean an external one yes? I'm not really sure you know.

Just google "psp d pad issues/fixes/remedies" and stuff like that. I couldn't find a
capcom cover on ebay.