Street Fighter IV - Why is Seth so cheap?

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I have unlocked 4 characters so far but every time I reach Seth I want to crush my controller in to pieces and throw them through my tv. Even on very easy Seth is the cheapest SOB I have ever seen. It literally took me 1 hour to beat Seth using Sakura. Sakura is terrible might I add.

Anyone else feel my pain or is this just me?

1. Akuma: After unlocking Sakura Kasugano, Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Fei Long, Gen and Rose. Fight Akuma on arcade mode, to do that get at least 2 perfects, 2 ultra finishes (no more), and you can’t die. Beating him will unlock him.
2. Cammy White: Finish the arcade mode with Crimson Viper. That will unlock her.
3. Dan Hibiki: Finish the arcade mode with Sakura Kasugano. That will unlock him.
4. Fei Long: Finish the arcade mode with Abel. That will unlock him.
5. Gen: Finish the arcade mode with Chun-Li. That will unlock him.
6. Gouken: After unlocking Akuma, Sakura Kasugano, Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Fei Long, Gen and Rose. Fight Gouken on arcade mode, to do that, get at least 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishes, and you can’t die. Beating him will unlock him.
7. Rose: Finish the arcade mode with M. Bison. That will unlock her.
8. Sakura Kasugano: Finish the arcade mode with Ryu. That will unlock her.
9. Seth: Finish the game with all the other characters. That will unlock him.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
I feel your pain :lol:

I've unlocked everyone except Gouken (and Seth himself) now, but every time I reach Seth, I cringe..

The first round always seems to be a walk in the park for me, trip him over, jump kick/kick, trip etc..

Then Round 2 when he changes form, you may as well put your controller down and watch, because you're not going to win :lol:

Crimson Viper was tough too beating Seth.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I just beat him with C. Viper and it took me like 20 tries. I decided to put the rounds to 1 round and the timer to 30s to give me a better chance lol

Putting the rounds to 1 basically feels like fighting Seth in the 2nd round.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 0]I just beat him with C. Viper and it took me like 20 tries. I decided to put the rounds to 1 round and the timer to 30s to give me a better chance lol

Putting the rounds to 1 basically feels like fighting Seth in the 2nd round.[/quote]

I got him down to a sliver of health so many times with C.Viper, but even when I'd have loads of health left, he'd do that grab move on me, slam, then teleport about, grab again and I'd die. So frustrating.. one hit from victory and he comes back like a **** :lol:

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DosrbA47ZNM&feature=related"]YouTube - Street Fighter IV: Chun-Li vs Seth (Final Boss)[/ame]

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
phhht, im mad at the *beat him with all characters*

im pretty much crap with anyone but chun li

looks like ill have to train with some others now...

omg im soo close to getting this game :D

DanGZ

Superior Member
Sep 5, 2007
hahaha, this is so funny. Thought I was the only one, I was trying for about 1hr with ken. Yes, first round is easy as then the second is just BS, he does have a lot of cheap moves. I was tired and just gave up. Going to try again tonight (fingures crossed)lol

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I was able to beat him on medium using Ken for my trophy. Ken is my bread and butter though.

Whats so crappy is that Seth is so cheap and then you have to beat him with a fighter you never use. Thats double the crap!!!!

hisame

Elite Guru
Dec 5, 2005
Really? I though the final boss in SF3 3rd was much much harder.
Unlock all characters now, bet him in medium with all the Ryu style characters including Sakura.
Sakura is not bad she is just differnt, if you use her like Ryu then you better try to look up how to use her on the web.
Frankly the trail mode under challenge teach you the moves you need to know for Sakura.

Anyway try easiest and single round even JHK->2HK should get you through Seth alright with all characters.
The thing is if you try to keep your feet on the ground all the time,
then you are just waiting for Seth to finish you up.
Also once he is down don't stand near him, do a over head jump (jump that cross over him),
he will always do EX-dragon (how stupid) then dash saving 2 dash cancel combo.
Other then SF2, SF4 has the simplest boss of all SF series.

With Sakura Just a some hints, don't do LMK->Fireball do LMP->Fireball.
LMK do combo but it's much faster then LMP, I though this is the same as Zero.
Once you got a 100% chance do SL2(holdMP+MK until you hear explosive sound starting)
then dash cancel, LMP->EX-Harrican->(Dragon with K->P->P->P) or Utral Combo.
This one move will take over 40%, if you are good instead of SL2 using over head JHP will do the same.
Also mind range moves like LP->LK->MK->Fireball to crash enemy's movement is also very important.

As for Viper vs Seth, I use LMK->Small Thunder Nukel repeatively mix with EX-Fire Kick.
If he try teleporting do the Utral Combo, or vertical JMK->LMK->Small Thunder Nukel.
I actually found Guile was hard due to the need of holding in his move end up getting thrown by Seth.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Funeralfog, post: 0]Seth is so cheap because you suck fighting him.....?[/quote]

Ya I have this weird problem with sucking at games when the other guy is cheap. Its the damndest thing.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Insanehead, post: 0]Seth is increadibly cheap but he's a sucker for Zangief's 360 piledriver.[/quote]

In the history of street fighter I do not think I have ever played as Zangief lol. Thanks for the tip though because it looks like I will need to play as him to get my trophy.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 0]I was able to beat him on medium using Ken for my trophy. Ken is my bread and butter though.

Whats so crappy is that Seth is so cheap and then you have to beat him with a fighter you never use. Thats double the crap!!!![/quote]

Ryu and Ken are the only ones I had no trouble with. Going through last night with Ryu (to unlock Akuma and Gouken attempts) I got Seth first time.

lloyd_yayo

Superior Member
May 30, 2008
thats nothing, i took me 2hrs and 10mins to beat him with crimson viper....
i thought sf3 final boss was stuff but seth......ugh, WAY to cheap

HardlePS3

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
Brazil
www.freewebs.com
I managed to beat Seth on my 4th try with Ryu, with a perfect in the first round! :D

And although I've been playing against these kind of bosses for a long time, I'm a KOF fan... so imagine my painful memories... damn you Goenitz, damn you Igniz, damn you Omega Rugal!! *shakes fist*

In my opinion Seth feels even cheaper than Gill. However I do like the challenge, but I understand how frustrating it can be for beginners and casuals (and even experienced players) to have to deal with him 24 times in order to unlock everyone.

So here's some tips to unlock everyone in about 1 hour.

Put the game on EASIEST (the easier level of difficulty) and set it to 1 round. Pick Crimson Viper, hold forward an mash Hard Kick for all 7 matches. Lose to Seth and pick the character you want to beat the game with. Repeat a pattern of Jumping HK, Crouching HK and Standing HK/HP, Jumping HK, Standing HK/HP, Crouching HK. Seth will be dead in no time.

The conditions to fight against Akuma and Gouken are actually affected by the difficulty level. On the EASIEST all you need is 1 perfect, 1 ultra finisher and no continues to fight against Akuma, and 1 perfect, 3 ultra finishers and no continues to fight against Gouken.

Try it, isn't that hard at all.

I still have nightmares with KOF95's Omega Rugal... No boss will replace that anytime soon.

Mainspring

Dedicated Member
Aug 13, 2007
odd... I had a pretty easy time beating Seth with Viper.

I just kept my distance from Seth and used ground explosion on his arse, then, ultra finish... done.

Shau - Kenshin

Dedicated Member
Nov 23, 2005
Honestly folks.... Seth is about as cheap as they come... more so than M.Bison in Alpha 3 even.
Teleport teleport teleport grab throw is like craft singles .... its the cheesiest .... ****TZLE in video gaming right now ... pissed me OFF... viper could not beat him until I just got lucky about the 21st try.... Woooped him with Guile.....

My 5 hit chain with Guile is visious! >:-/

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I just unlocked Akuma and he is bad ***!!!!!!!!!!!! His ultra combo is amazing.

I am such an idiot. With 2 fighters left to unlock I noticed there was an easiest level. I thought very easy was the easiest lol. Seth is not as bad now as I breezed through getting the other characters unlocked. Seth and Gouken are left.

Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Shau - Kenshin, post: 0]Honestly folks.... Seth is about as cheap as they come... more so than M.Bison in Alpha 3 even.
Teleport teleport teleport grab throw is like craft singles .... its the cheesiest .... ****TZLE in video gaming right now ... pissed me OFF... viper could not beat him until I just got lucky about the 21st try.... Woooped him with Guile.....

My 5 hit chain with Guile is visious! >:-/[/quote]
i actually hated bison in alpha 3 more than i do seth in this

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Shin Asura, post: 0]Seth isn't cheap, you just need to know how to avoid his cheapness with your particular character[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhh ok that makes sense..... :confused: :p

dondidit

Super Elite
Jul 15, 2007
www.360.yahoo.com
All bossess in sf4 are cheap even Mbison its just you have to stop moving the stick the cpu moves based on what you keep pressing the most. you jump and hold the jump direction he is going to screw you with the uppercut.