Street Fighter IV - Why is Seth so cheap?

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
[QUOTE="DanGZ, post: 0]Sounds like most the ppl who say "Seth is easy" are playing on the easiest setting.[/quote]

Except me, who says Seth is hard - and played on the Easy setting :snicker

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
On the easiest setting Seth is a piece of cake. I have not lost to him yet since I set it to easiest. Go to very easy and Seth is very hard.

I just unlocked Gouken and got a perfect against Seth and Gouken. On easiest settings of course.

kuku

Veteran
Oct 19, 2006
No even sometimes/characters Seth on easiest is still hard. He's cheap as a boss. It's rigged for whatever reason. I could perfect him with Ryu, and Gen(who I don't even know how to play), and get my *** handed to me as chun li, etc.

He's teleport -> Super pile-driver is rigged. There's something weird with him in boss mode.

In player mode, Seth is a joke, he does no damage for all his flashy moves.

Best I can say is , if you want akuma/gouken, play ryu, Seth is a total pansy.

If you're having problem because Seth is in cheap mode, see which "mode" he's in. He has the dragon punch mode(does that often) or the pile driver(does that often) mode.

In dragon punch mode, he seems take a beating to low round houses, and extreme jump attacks(where you aim for the chest, not the head)

In piledriver mode, he tends to teleport a lot and do the suction thing. He has a lag time, so just make him pay, and don't get close without punches swinging.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Quick question for you guys. When you play as Sakura does it sound like she is saying pooosay when she jumps and puts her back to the opp. and the skirt sort of flaps? I swear she is saying poosay.

Amnoz

Apprentice
Oct 19, 2006
Alright, question about akuma and goukan. Can you do the requirements on the easiest difficulty? I do not see any specifics on that. Also, any tips on pulling off ultra? I can nail a super but never an ultra, I guess I just do not time the three punches right?

Also Seth is a ****** on medium, the second round is just ridiculous for gamers that do not excel in fighters. I almost took a dump on my controller after an hour but an hour later I managed. Then I look at the trophy list though and what does it say? Yeah, about that...

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
u can continue right?

i dont mind when u cant continue...

MK vs DC
was the most annoying...
beat it on super hard, with no continuing...
that was the most annoying thing ever...

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Amnoz, post: 0]Alright, question about akuma and goukan. Can you do the requirements on the easiest difficulty? I do not see any specifics on that. Also, any tips on pulling off ultra? I can nail a super but never an ultra, I guess I just do not time the three punches right?

Also Seth is a ****** on medium, the second round is just ridiculous for gamers that do not excel in fighters. I almost took a dump on my controller after an hour but an hour later I managed. Then I look at the trophy list though and what does it say? Yeah, about that...[/quote]

Yes you can do it on easiest. Just make sure you get 2 perfect rounds and finish 3 rounds with an Ultra. Do not get more than 3 though and you can not die.

14 endings collected and 10 more to go....

DanGZ

Superior Member
Sep 5, 2007
[QUOTE="Spider, post: 0]u can continue right?

i dont mind when u cant continue...

MK vs DC
was the most annoying...
beat it on super hard, with no continuing...
that was the most annoying thing ever...[/quote]

Yeah, you can continuse as much as you want.

Mainspring

Dedicated Member
Aug 13, 2007
[QUOTE="Amnoz, post: 0] Also, any tips on pulling off ultra? I can nail a super but never an ultra, I guess I just do not time the three punches right[/quote]

if you are having issues with 3 button press, try pressing L1 or L2(depending on the character) for the ultra. default setting is set so 3 button press can be done with one button.

kuku

Veteran
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Amnoz, post: 0]Alright, question about akuma and goukan. Can you do the requirements on the easiest difficulty? I do not see any specifics on that. Also, any tips on pulling off ultra? I can nail a super but never an ultra, I guess I just do not time the three punches right?

Also Seth is a ****** on medium, the second round is just ridiculous for gamers that do not excel in fighters. I almost took a dump on my controller after an hour but an hour later I managed. Then I look at the trophy list though and what does it say? Yeah, about that...[/quote]

Yes all characters can be unlocked on easiest/1round setting.

Akuma, you have to get 2? perfects, and 2+ultra finishes.
Goken, you have to beat the game with Akuma, and do as above, maybe a little more of both.

Both can not be done if you continue, so set to 2 rounds if you have problems with Seth. You will fight them after Seth.

To do any ultra, you need a revenge bar(the green/red ring) if has 2 levels, revenge and ultra. They are charged by getting hit. Level1 and level2 as far as I know are just damage, so you can do it once it turns red.

Simple way is to just jab them to 5% heath, get hit for revenge and ultra finish it.

In this game, ultra is way more common and useful then Super. Because super takes a full bar that takes forever to charge, and your EX moves are far better then wasting a super. But since you only charge it by taking hits, it's a one shot deal in a round.

Ultra's also have different properties. For example, while supers can cancel a normal move(like H dragon punch) Ultra's can not be canceled. The best way to do ultras combo finishes for most people is focus attack(since that's an automatic stun)

Nov 5, 2008
Philadelphia
[QUOTE="kuku, post: 0]Yes all characters can be unlocked on easiest/1round setting.

Akuma, you have to get 2? perfects, and 2+ultra finishes.
Goken, you have to beat the game with Akuma, and do as above, maybe a little more of both.

Both can not be done if you continue, so set to 2 rounds if you have problems with Seth. You will fight them after Seth.

To do any ultra, you need a revenge bar(the green/red ring) if has 2 levels, revenge and ultra. They are charged by getting hit. Level1 and level2 as far as I know are just damage, so you can do it once it turns red.

Simple way is to just jab them to 5% heath, get hit for revenge and ultra finish it.

In this game, ultra is way more common and useful then Super. Because super takes a full bar that takes forever to charge, and your EX moves are far better then wasting a super. But since you only charge it by taking hits, it's a one shot deal in a round.

Ultra's also have different properties. For example, while supers can cancel a normal move(like H dragon punch) Ultra's can not be canceled. The best way to do ultras combo finishes for most people is focus attack(since that's an automatic stun)[/quote]

any tips on actually pulling off the ultras? im a little confused by the command list and what is focus attack?

kuku

Veteran
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="WaRn1nG-, post: 3874491]any tips on actually pulling off the ultras? im a little confused by the command list and what is focus attack?[/quote]

It's in just as the command list... 90% of the characters, it's the super moves with 3Punches or 3Kicks (Akuma has a slightly different command)

So Ryu is double fireball(or triple if you want to buffer it to make sure) and 3 punches. You can set 3xpunches on a button so, just set it to one of you shoulder buttons.

Focus attack is M punch+ M kick (hold for full stun). It parries 1 attack(so don't go parrying hurricane kicks). You will see it, has the yellow flash and the black paint graphics.

If you are just doing it on easiest mode, just ultra it, they're too stupid to block, and it's not like you need that many.

Nov 5, 2008
Philadelphia
[QUOTE="kuku, post: 0]It's in just as the command list... 90% of the characters, it's the super moves with 3Punches or 3Kicks (Akuma has a slightly different command)

So Ryu is double fireball(or triple if you want to buffer it to make sure) and 3 punches. You can set 3xpunches on a button so, just set it to one of you shoulder buttons.

Focus attack is M punch+ M kick (hold for full stun). It parries 1 attack(so don't go parrying hurricane kicks). You will see it, has the yellow flash and the black paint graphics.

If you are just doing it on easiest mode, just ultra it, they're too stupid to block, and it's not like you need that many.[/quote]

yeah i still don't get it.

i don't know what you mean by 3xpunches and m punch

ManaBurnX

Shogun of the Ban Thread
Apr 6, 2008
3xpunch or 3xkicks mean press all 3 punches (light, medium, hard) or all 3 kicks (light, medium, hard) at the same time.

I've unlocked everyone and while Seth is bad he's not too bad on the easiest setting. I actually got a perfect victory against him with Cammy and I never play her. On the easiest setting you just jump in with a high kick and then sweep. Take a couple steps and sweep again and repeat. If he gets too far away then do the jump in again. He will sometimes catch you but not too much. As long as you don't try any special moves he will be relatively tame. Once you start busting out special moves though he will be sure to return the favor.

hitman8062

Superior Member
Sep 3, 2008
Im getting this next friday but i have never played aSF game before...
How scerewed am I?
Who should I use and why?
Btw add me on PSN if you want to play somtime.

Feb 19, 2009
I agree seth is cheap with all his movies and teleports, but if you keep trying you will get it. took me 10 tries lol all i did was a combination of HK's and HP's

tegstar83

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 0]Yes you can do it on easiest. Just make sure you get 2 perfect rounds and finish 3 rounds with an Ultra. Do not get more than 3 though and you can not die.

14 endings collected and 10 more to go....[/quote]

At all? Like not even loose one round?

Endgame77

Dedicated Member
Dec 18, 2007
[QUOTE="DanGZ, post: 0]Sounds like most the ppl who say "Seth is easy" are playing on the easiest setting.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. I've beat him on medium with 3 characters. Ryu took me like 15 tries, Blanka took me maybe 3 tries ( just electocute him), and Sagat took 1 try. Everyone else seems almost impossible to me for some reason. I gave up with Chun Li last night. I wasn't even able to Focus counter him, he'd just grab me everytime. He is definately cheap, although I chuckle everytime he splats me into the camera for an ultimate kill, lol

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
Been trying to beat Seth tonight on Medium. I know I suck, but its so frustrating. I can actually reach him on Medium now with zero continues. I can utterly destroy Seth in round 1, sometimes even getting a perfect - but then the last two rounds are basically just me watching him string together a series of unstoppable moves in constant succession until I'm K.O'd and throwing the controller places.

Unbelievable.

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
I played SF all night last night trying to unlock characters. And honestly, a computer controlled Zangief gave me more problems than Seth ever did.

Zangief was piledriving me through almost every attack I threw at him at one point...on any character I selected. The guy is a freakin beast. And the damage he does with each piledrive is ridiculous.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
The grab attacks in general are so overused by the AI. Its basically all Zangief does, the majority of Abel's, and then Seth's piledriver which he manages to string together flawlessly every time in between teleports.

ManaBurnX

Shogun of the Ban Thread
Apr 6, 2008
DP maybe you should play with one round only if you're winning the first round against him. It would be much faster as well.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="-Deadpool-, post: 0]Been trying to beat Seth tonight on Medium. I know I suck, but its so frustrating. I can actually reach him on Medium now with zero continues. I can utterly destroy Seth in round 1, sometimes even getting a perfect - but then the last two rounds are basically just me watching him string together a series of unstoppable moves in constant succession until I'm K.O'd and throwing the controller places.

Unbelievable.[/quote]

Ya man medium is a real *****. Getting to Seth is not so bad but my god he is so hard on medium. I have only beaten him using Ken on that setting and it took me 3 tries. I have mastered Ken and it took everything I had to beat him lol.