Street Fighter IV - Why is Seth so cheap?

shinigamiboy

Superior Member
Apr 9, 2007
on normal mode the first round is really easy. get perfect almost all the time.
second round is kinda random. sometimes easy sometimes hard.
nearlly double perfect him if some idiotic challenger didnt interupt me.

For people that wishes to unlock everyone quickly, just put game on easiest and 1 round. I just got seth to unlock. but will most likely take my time on that one. gonna try completing it on hardest level with every character some time in the future.

hisame

Elite Guru
Dec 5, 2005
The following is the standard way to beat Seth on Arcade,
which I sometimes find it a little ineffective in console.

Generally Seth will do Sonic Boom or 6HP when he is 70% screen length or more from you.
Do a long jump and combo him, Sonic Boom actually has a long lock up time.
If he try to teleport a lot do vertical jump,
in most cases he will do dragon when he teleport out if you are in air.
Problem is he only teleport either the farest from you or on your back.
Sadly in both case the dragon will miss if you do vertical jump.
No you dash SLV3 dash cancel and do what ever combo you like.

BTW about focus attack, in Japan we call it saving attack thus SL2 (saving attack level 2).
Saving attack has 3 levels all can be cancel by dashing.
The 3 levels is devided by the explosive sound, before that sound is level1,
when it started is level2 and when it finished is level 3.
Level 1 is a normal move, other then on the wall it's fairly hard to combo with level1.
Level 2 is a down move, it make sure your opponent will be down,
however if you cancel it with a dash and hit your opponent before he go down you can combo.
Level 3 is a guard breaking move like level 2 you need to cancel it with a dash.
The simplest way to do Ultra combo is to use saving or SE-Saving.
SE-saving is during any move you can use 2 super energy block to beform a cancel that move to saving attack.
For example Ryu's most famous anit air move, LPK->Dragon->SE-SL2->Ultra Fireball.
Or Cammy's (my favoriate character) MK->Canon->SE-SL2->LHP->Ultra.

Dec 2, 2008
[QUOTE="dondidit, post: 0]All bossess in sf4 are cheap even Mbison its just you have to stop moving the stick the cpu moves based on what you keep pressing the most. you jump and hold the jump direction he is going to screw you with the uppercut.[/quote]

So you're saying that the CPU reads your controller inputs?!?

I told someone else this in a ST2HDR thread and they railed against me for spreading "conspiracy lies". Glad to see someone else understands how the CPU in fighting games works.

As for Seth...it's just plain stupid how cheap this guy is in arcade mode. Seriously no fun to play against. Only playing through arcade to unlock the characters, then I'm DONE with the offline crap.

[QUOTE="-Deadpool-, post: 0]The grab attacks in general are so overused by the AI. Its basically all Zangief does, the majority of Abel's, and then Seth's piledriver which he manages to string together flawlessly every time in between teleports.[/quote]

So you're saying that all the grapplers do is...grapple? How dare they. =P

S

saso_7

[QUOTE="Funeralfog, post: 0]Seth is so cheap because you suck fighting him.....?[/quote]

no your gonna have to forgive me...but that was a dumb, shortsighted statement...seth is just plain cheap

Nov 22, 2005
i feel your pain, i already broke 2 of my controls.. Can anyone pull off akuma special move i know the buttons but the move won't come out.

minddaze

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2008
New York
I haven't reached Seth yet but my friend did say on PSN to be prepared to break my controller or my nails. >:/

Still need to practice ultras because even I didn't understand the setup on that.

Dec 2, 2008
[QUOTE="minddaze, post: 0]Still need to practice ultras because even I didn't understand the setup on that.[/quote]

Same move as that character's Super, except that you hit all 3 punch or kick buttons instead of just 1. It's much easier to do if you map the buttons you need to one of your shoulder buttons. If you've got a stick then it should be easy enough to just hit all 3 buttons at once.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="TekkenLord, post: 0]i feel your pain, i already broke 2 of my controls.. Can anyone pull off akuma special move i know the buttons but the move won't come out.[/quote]

If you are using the PS3 controller the press:

square, square, hold back, X, L1 is really easy to do once you get it the first time.

hisame

Elite Guru
Dec 5, 2005
[QUOTE="TekkenLord, post: 0]i feel your pain, i already broke 2 of my controls.. Can anyone pull off akuma special move i know the buttons but the move won't come out.[/quote]

The thing is you need to complete the move before you see the 2 SP.
If you are using pad, try to hold it so instead of using thumb use your index finger to push buttons.
And swap mid punch to heavy puch on controller setup.
It's actually easier then in zero and Super X.

Mar 9, 2008
Seth is a pain, beat him on my 4th try with Ken, but i tried with Bison lastnight gave up after about 10 tries. It was getting really late, like 4am. I was passing out with the controller in my hand.

Ethos

Apprentice
Oct 19, 2006
Hm, not sure if my game is broken or something but for some reason I can't seem to get Seth. I have all characters and beat it with them all and even tried another time for safe measure and it doesn't seem to unlock him. Anyone else have this problem?

I have the CE and my redeem codes don't seem to work either. I know that isn't anything to do with the actual game but don't get why that isn't working either..

minddaze

Apprentice
Dec 14, 2008
New York
[QUOTE="Darth Do'Urden, post: 0]Same move as that character's Super, except that you hit all 3 punch or kick buttons instead of just 1. It's much easier to do if you map the buttons you need to one of your shoulder buttons. If you've got a stick then it should be easy enough to just hit all 3 buttons at once.[/quote]

Okay, then it's practice time for me then.

I suck using joysticks so I stick with the PS3 controller.

Aug 28, 2008
I'm having troubles facing Gouken. :/ I get 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishes, but he never shows up. I don't need to beat it with all the characters first, do I? btw, psn: infamousbz Please let me know you're from the forums. I'm a decent player, not too crazy or anything. :mrgreen:

hisame

Elite Guru
Dec 5, 2005

The best way to do that move is use Kujinkyaku (forward Jump with down and kick),
which Akuma (GOuki) fly down with and very deep kick.
Then do the Super/Ultra during the time he fly down,
even your opponent block th kick he still going to eat your super.

This can be aply to Cammy as well with her Strike (Hurrican in mid air).
When she flys down do the stick move, if it hits hit the 2kicks.
The strike will combo with both her Super/Utral.
Cammy has the fastest Super/Utral in all chracters,
so fast they can be combo without canceling.
The famous one is the LHP Utral/Super,
use LHP as anti air or midrange move then follow with super /ultra when hit.
Alsodue to it's speed it can use as counter move too.
If Ryu/Ken does the LMK->Fireball, and you block it, you can Super/Ultra back.
That is they won't even have time for dragon or even SE-SL.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="infamousbz, post: 0]I'm having troubles facing Gouken. :/ I get 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishes, but he never shows up. I don't need to beat it with all the characters first, do I? btw, psn: infamousbz Please let me know you're from the forums. I'm a decent player, not too crazy or anything. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Use Akuma and get 2 perfects and 3 Ultras to finish the round. You can not die either.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
I also used Akuma.

Only got 1 perfect though (and the 3 ultra finishes). Still unlocked Gouken 8)

There's lots of question marks over what exactly unlocks Akuma and Gouken.

Dec 2, 2008
[QUOTE="hisame, post: 0]The best way to do that move is use Kujinkyaku (forward Jump with down and kick),
which Akuma (GOuki) fly down with and very deep kick.
Then do the Super/Ultra during the time he fly down,
even your opponent block th kick he still going to eat your super.

This can be aply to Cammy as well with her Strike (Hurrican in mid air).
When she flys down do the stick move, if it hits hit the 2kicks.
The strike will combo with both her Super/Utral.
Cammy has the fastest Super/Utral in all chracters,
so fast they can be combo without canceling.
The famous one is the LHP Utral/Super,
use LHP as anti air or midrange move then follow with super /ultra when hit.
Alsodue to it's speed it can use as counter move too.
If Ryu/Ken does the LMK->Fireball, and you block it, you can Super/Ultra back.
That is they won't even have time for dragon or even SE-SL.[/quote]

I would love to have this post in legible English. I know there's good info here...I just can't make heads or tails out of it.

LHP?
SE-SL?

[QUOTE="-Deadpool-, post: 0]I also used Akuma.

Only got 1 perfect though (and the 3 ultra finishes). Still unlocked Gouken 8)

There's lots of question marks over what exactly unlocks Akuma and Gouken.[/quote]

According to the strategy guide, one need only complete Arcade Mode with all UNLOCKABLE characters to unlock Akuma, and complete Arcade Mode with Akuma to unlock Gouken. No mention of Supers or Ultras (SFIV Prima Official Game Guide).

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Darth Do'Urden, post: 0]
According to the strategy guide, one need only complete Arcade Mode with all UNLOCKABLE characters to unlock Akuma, and complete Arcade Mode with Akuma to unlock Gouken. No mention of Supers or Ultras (SFIV Prima Official Game Guide).[/quote]

Well like I said earlier, the first time I did that, it didn't unlock Gouken. However, the second run through (still with Akuma) unlocked him.

I read on the GameFAQ's forum that it may be something to do with having to actually finish the game with Akuma first.

Either way though, unlocked now, so no dramas :D

hisame

Elite Guru
Dec 5, 2005
[QUOTE="Darth Do'Urden, post: 0]I would love to have this post in legible English. I know there's good info here...I just can't make heads or tails out of it.

LHP?
SE-SL?
[/quote]

I am using the standard combo short hands I used since 97.
Okay S,M,H, means small medium and heavy obviously P, K is Punch and kick.
J is jump and L mean cranch.
SL(1~3) is focus attack level 1~3, in Japan it's call Saving level 1~3.
SE means cancel focus attack, so SE-SL2 means you cancel your previous move by focus attack and hold it until level 2.
EX is the 2 button EXtra special move, sure super and Utral combo.

kuku

Veteran
Oct 19, 2006

Akuma's raging demon is the same for SUPER, but slightly different for ULTRA.

Look at the command list closely.

Super's are hard in this game because you need 4 bars, and with our frequent EX uses, it will probably never get charged.

Ultra's on the other hand...

Kyo.

Master Guru
Feb 1, 2007
[QUOTE="kuku, post: 0]Akuma's raging demon is the same for SUPER, but slightly different for ULTRA.

Look at the command list closely.

Super's are hard in this game because you need 4 bars, and with our frequent EX uses, it will probably never get charged.

Ultra's on the other hand...[/quote]

that one of the things i dont like about this game, you have to get hurt to do your ultra finisher movie.

Alpha 3 is still the best Street Fighter IMO.

also why on why does it take soooo long to fill your super bar :shock:

ManaBurnX

Shogun of the Ban Thread
Apr 6, 2008

His moves are pretty easy to pull off actually. For his super you must have your super bar (all 4 bars and word super on the screen) available to use it and then press lp, lp forward, lk, hp and for his ultra you do the same combo except back instead of forward. This cannot be blocked but can be jumped over so make sure that you combine it in a combo and hit them with some lp first.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
[QUOTE="kuku, post: 0]
[/quote]

Yep, I've hardly even done any Super moves. Always use it up before it gets to Max. Surprised there's not a way to charge it quicker.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="-Deadpool-, post: 0]Yep, I've hardly even done any Super moves. Always use it up before it gets to Max. Surprised there's not a way to charge it quicker.[/quote]

Same here. I am not sure if I have even done a Super yet. I got my 100 Ultras trophy a long time ago too lol

Rav3nas

Superior Member
Dec 6, 2007
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 0]I have unlocked 4 characters so far but every time I reach Seth I want to crush my controller in to pieces and throw them through my tv. Even on very easy Seth is the cheapest SOB I have ever seen. It literally took me 1 hour to beat Seth using Sakura. Sakura is terrible might I add.

Anyone else feel my pain or is this just me?

1. Akuma: After unlocking Sakura Kasugano, Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Fei Long, Gen and Rose. Fight Akuma on arcade mode, to do that get at least 2 perfects, 2 ultra finishes (no more), and you can’t die. Beating him will unlock him.
2. Cammy White: Finish the arcade mode with Crimson Viper. That will unlock her.
3. Dan Hibiki: Finish the arcade mode with Sakura Kasugano. That will unlock him.
4. Fei Long: Finish the arcade mode with Abel. That will unlock him.
5. Gen: Finish the arcade mode with Chun-Li. That will unlock him.
6. Gouken: After unlocking Akuma, Sakura Kasugano, Dan Hibiki, Cammy White, Fei Long, Gen and Rose. Fight Gouken on arcade mode, to do that, get at least 2 perfects and 3 ultra finishes, and you can’t die. Beating him will unlock him.
7. Rose: Finish the arcade mode with M. Bison. That will unlock her.
8. Sakura Kasugano: Finish the arcade mode with Ryu. That will unlock her.
9. Seth: Finish the game with all the other characters. That will unlock him.[/quote]

Yeah...It took me about 4 or 5 tries, but I finally beat Seth on E Honda.

ManaBurnX

Shogun of the Ban Thread
Apr 6, 2008
It also doesn't help that Ultras hurt way more than supers from what I've seen. Sometimes you need to use a bar or two for a particular move to set up an ultra as well.