Stuff you heard online...

proxi

Superior Member
Feb 22, 2009
www.sweatybastardsmusic.com
My missus is playing Team Deathmatch at the moment with some doofus beatboxing, BADLY, and loudly, over the mic. He's winning by quite a margin, had an AC-130 within the first minute on Terminal. How is it always the folk making noise or listening to noise that defy the distraction and win by a mile?

I have to turn the volume up when I'm playing, take advantage of the times where you hear folk closing in on you.

Must admit overall, I haven't yet heard that many people on the mic compared to previous COD games. I remember hearing a chap on World At War playing 80's TV themes such as Airwolf (I added him just so I could listen, it was an epic sound, very haunting), plus I added a guy who had his custom air siren to play whenever calling in an Artillery. Inspired me to get the Countdown theme ready for when I did sometimes, lasted 30 seconds and was perfect. Only really had the feeling to do it though when I played it whilst under the influence.

What bizarreness do you hear over the MW2 airwaves? The mute options are there obviously, however sometimes you're just compelled to listen.

Wallin

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2008
Under your bed!
I hate mics in random games. Havent got MW2 yet, but them people used to be in WaW/MW.

Some guy was obviously talking to his friends or something, you could hear they go "wow, thats awesome" "wow" wow" "wow, cool".... el muto

Mopey.

Sandy Claws
Apr 19, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I get really annoyed by people who are blatently racist.

Makes me just wanna reach through my TV, grab that person's head, and slap a massive 'idiot' sticker across their forehead. But t-bagging their dead body over and over usually quells my anger just as well :lol:.

Sep 24, 2009
www.twitter.com
The people who have kids in the background really **** me off. How can you play something like that in front of your young kids?! Especially when there's a young, pretty much newborn baby in the background. :rolleyes:

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
I hate the people who are racist on COD. I seriously want to smash a ********** bananna in their face.

I also hate the people who constantly play their s***ty rap music on the mic, and people who whistle in the mic.

Aug 2, 2009
i heard 2 random people arguing over kills one was making fun of the other because he was rated so high, when the game has just been out for 1 day.....the other was arguing back calling him a sissy, cause everytime he goes for the kill he just runs, or stay in one spot all day

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
[QUOTE="moots, post: 0]Usually Americans are the most obnoxious. They burp, swear, play music and if they hear another language except english, they start the racist stuff. Really sad.[/quote]

Swearing isn't a big deal in a rated M game (again unless it's a racist slur). But, if they say f*** every other word, then you have a point. Other than that, spot on.

It feels great being hated due to other Americans.:rolleyes:

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="heartbreakcrip, post: 0]i heard 2 random people arguing over kills one was making fun of the other because he was rated so high, when the game has just been out for 1 day.....the other was arguing back calling him a sissy, cause everytime he goes for the kill he just runs, or stay in one spot all day[/quote]
The rank means nothing except the player higher than you played longer.

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
[QUOTE="xXSUPA_LAMEXx, post: 0]everything and anything...i hate hearin british kids. nothing worse than some boy with an annoying accent.[/quote]

This guy is a prime example of people I hate playing with.

moots

Forum Elder
Dec 7, 2006
XÃ*os, Khios, Greece, Greece
See what I mean? I love hearing different languages and accents. I don't have any problem with that. And I respect people talking in their native language. I will never tell them "english please" or I don't know what. But swearing in any language **** me off

Sep 24, 2009
www.twitter.com
[QUOTE="xXSUPA_LAMEXx, post: 0]everything and anything...i hate hearin british kids. nothing worse than some boy with an annoying accent.[/quote]
I have to agree to a point, the Londoner 13 year old kinds always try to give me grief more than any others, no *major* problems with anyone else. :rolleyes:

Boxman

Dedicated Member
Jan 27, 2009
[QUOTE="moots, post: 0]See what I mean? I love hearing different languages and accents. I don't have any problem with that. And I respect people talking in their native language. I will never tell them "english please" or I don't know what. But swearing in any language **** me off[/quote]

lol @ irony.

willwar

Apprentice
Oct 25, 2008
I wouldn't know. The single greatest improvement on MW2 is the ability to mute people in the lobby. First thing I do is mute 'em all. In game I use the ninja pro perk which is basically dead silence. I like to play using stealth so I need to hear when someone's trying to flank me. Hard to do when some moron is broadcasting his horrible techno music.

But the single worst thing probably is when some idiot has feedback that's so loud it starts going through everyone's mic. I hate the mics, actually. If people used them for what they're intended for it'd be different. But 90% of people who have them are just plain annoying. I haven't even charged my PS3 bluetooth in months.

xXSUPA_LAMEXx

Superior Member
Aug 31, 2009
Peoria, IL
a long time ago on cod4 i heard some guy talking in a funny voice and he was like "hey...hey shut your mouth or else im gonna come in your mouth" he said it in the funniest pervert voice too. it was so funny that i actually remembered it.

Indigo Virus

Superior Member
Feb 2, 2009
Berkshire UK
The funniest things I heard in MW2 was this kid and he was Singing to everything that was going on in the game like in a Family Guy episode.
The way he did it was just to funny.

And I hear people spouting racist crap all the time and brits hating americans and visa versa.
People only act like this because they are online and noone knows anything about anyone and will never meet each other.

Fact of the matter is if anyone acted like this in public they would be batterd-simple.

There is always someone out there bigger and stronger than you are so why not just get along have a laugh and whooooooooooooooo knows , you might make a friend.

lled

Apprentice
Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="proxi, post: 0]My missus is playing Team Deathmatch at the moment with some doofus beatboxing, BADLY, and loudly, over the mic. He's winning by quite a margin, had an AC-130 within the first minute on Terminal. How is it always the folk making noise or listening to noise that defy the distraction and win by a mile?

I have to turn the volume up when I'm playing, take advantage of the times where you hear folk closing in on you.

Must admit overall, I haven't yet heard that many people on the mic compared to previous COD games. I remember hearing a chap on World At War playing 80's TV themes such as Airwolf (I added him just so I could listen, it was an epic sound, very haunting), plus I added a guy who had his custom air siren to play whenever calling in an Artillery. Inspired me to get the Countdown theme ready for when I did sometimes, lasted 30 seconds and was perfect. Only really had the feeling to do it though when I played it whilst under the influence.

What bizarreness do you hear over the MW2 airwaves? The mute options are there obviously, however sometimes you're just compelled to listen.[/quote]

if thats your missus in your display pick than you're a lucky guy ;)