Sub $600 HDTV 480p/720i/1080i LCD just got one for the hell of it..

Jan 15, 2007
I got my Samsung LN-T 4065f model (refux) on amazon.com with 4 year service warranty for $1350 free shipping and no tax. I think Samsung LN-T xx65f series is good enough for gaming, Blu-Ray, DVD, and HD-TV.

Zen1man

Apprentice
Mar 11, 2006
What a well-timed thread for me. Just 3 days ago I picked up my first hdtv at Best Buy, and you won't believe the deal I got on it. It was a shelf tv that was returned merely because it was too big for the customers room, it didn't have any kinks or defects, it was simply too big for the previous owners room.

Anyway I was lucky to stumble in there on that day because they just put it out and omg I couldn't believe the deal, it was as if they were half giving it away. For a mere 550$ I got a 720p/1080i, 34' inch widescreen Sony Xbr Wega with hdmi/componant connect with an interal hdtv tuner for free HD television over the air. I could hardly believe my eyes, then I looked at the mark down (jawdrops) it was previously 850$!, an amazing 300$ mark down! I didn't have to look anywhere else because I knew the next best cheapest thing was a value hdtv, a 30 inch insignia for over 600$ and 400$ for the lowest of them all, a 27inch (non-widescreen) with no hdmi and no hdtv turner.

Not only is this Sony T.V. not a mere value TV; it was the exact opposite of that, it was actually literally the cream of the crop, the best you could get, state of the art for its day and consists of technology that is still being used in new TV's.

I asked the bestbuy guy, "How is this possible? What is wrong with it?" He said they were just trying to get rid of it because Sony's plans are evolving and tube hdtv's are on their way out. Mind you, the thing is huge and 275 pounds, but the picture quality of this tube hdtv (as is well known) is actually generally superior compared to all those Plasma/LCD/DLP flatpanels. The picture is better than I could of hoped, I love the thing!

Can you believe majorly lesser and smaller hdtv's costing around the same as or even more than this 34inch beast?

BEST DEAL OUT OF ANY PRODUCT I HAVE EVER PURCHASED!!!!

Think about that:

Sony Insignia
-34inch XBR, 720p/1080i= $550 VS. -30 inch, only 1080i= $600+

Jackylegs

Elite Member
Nov 25, 2007
Ive found an awesome HDTV 37" for the same price equivalent ( I live in UK ) from argos.co.uk ;) , getting it for xmas :)

HiX

Dedicated Member
Sep 22, 2005
I just bought a Philips 42'' PFL7422 HDTV and it's the cheapest FULL HD tv that I could find. It has good picture quality, 1080p signals support on all HD ports, and a budget price. The design's not as elegant as Samsung or Sony but it gets the job done well. I played the movie 300 on Blu-ray using my PS3 and it looks great to my eyes. Those who wants to get this tv, just be sure to tweak it a lil first. The factory default settings are terrible.

For you Americans, here's the link to a refurbished one and it's only $999: http://www.outlet.philips.com/b2c_r...00000000828BD472&scenario=catalog&shop=OUTLET

Jan 8, 2008
[QUOTE="Josh93, post: 0]Not a good idea to buy a TV from brands that you have never heard of eg. Pansonic, and the other dodgy brands. Only buy quality brands like Sony, LG, Phillips, Toshiba, Pionear, etc.[/quote]

Not sure how they do things down under but Consumer Reports has Panasonic as the most reliable LCD and Plasma manufacturer ahead of all of the others you mentioned. In fact, Phillips averages 2x as many repairs as Panasonic in LCDs and 4x as many in Plasmas.

toadayoda

Superior Member
Sep 6, 2006
[QUOTE="Dagg, post: 0]LOL Panasonic a dodgy brand, thye make the best plasma on the market except for the Pioneer.[/QUOTE]

Pioneer is overpriced junk... $5000 for a 50 inch 720p with 400 contrast ratio!!!

That said, I don't even like the Panasonic plasmas (I never liked the design of them, and their contrast just seems too low) Plus their prices are pretty high ($4000 for the 58 inch 1080p)

So I bought a Samsung plasma, and it is absolutely AMAZING! 58 inch 1080p and 15000 contrast for $3000!

gillmanjr

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2008
NY
EVERYONE - don't waste your money buying an HDTV from any store - retail or online. Look in local papers, classifieds, craigslist FIRST and see if you can find anyone who is selling BRAND NEW IN THE BOX TVs (probably stolen) and buy one - just make sure the box is sealed and before you buy open it and make sure everything is present and accounted for (ie manuals, remote, etc). I got a BRAND NEW, never used, never opened, 37" Sharp Aquos (the brand new model for that year) for $700 cash.

Jan 13, 2008
I got a Niko for $450 in early 2006. I don't who or what niko is but the tv does 720p/1080i and it has dvi input and component inputs.. the only thing it doesn't have is HDCP compliance so I have to use component cables for my ps3.. But even the component cables display at 720p.

Mar 9, 2007
[QUOTE="gillmanjr, post: 0]EVERYONE - don't waste your money buying an HDTV from any store - retail or online. Look in local papers, classifieds, craigslist FIRST and see if you can find anyone who is selling BRAND NEW IN THE BOX TVs (probably stolen) and buy one - just make sure the box is sealed and before you buy open it and make sure everything is present and accounted for (ie manuals, remote, etc). I got a BRAND NEW, never used, never opened, 37" Sharp Aquos (the brand new model for that year) for $700 cash.[/quote]

thats right. i got mine by looking at the ads. i got a Vizio 1080p for 600.

gillmanjr

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2008
NY
[QUOTE="Gwizzy, post: 0]Nice......:rolleyes:

Not sure I'd want to support that...[/quote]

If you could save hundreds of dollars why wouldn't you?

May 7, 2008
I'm all for buying stuff on the cheap when it's possible. As for buying stolen stuff, aside from moral concerns, by buying stuff that you know is stolen, you perpetuate the cycle of theivery. How would you like it if somebody came and stole your new HDTV?

G

Gotmilk

[QUOTE="Pez_555, post: 0]damn why is everything so cheap over in america!?[/QUOTE]

i got my 32" widescreen for £350 a year ago it does 780p n 1080i, i got it online but tesco were selling them for 400 its called technosonic but iv seen the same tv with different branding its got a lg lcd screen though

old_school_gamer

Superior Member
Nov 8, 2006
K-Mart had a great deal on a 37" Olevia LCD before the Super Bowl, as it was $629. I talked my wife into it, but she said if I wait until 09, I can get a 42" or a 47" if the price is right. Can't wait til next year!!:D

Jul 9, 2007
I got my 37' Vizio from newegg.com for $520. It was a refurb, the one they sent me broke, but Vizio sent me a new one and then a label to send my other one back. Refurb is the way to go, still have a warranty and its mad cheap.