Survey I took about MAG

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
I took a survey about MAG and it seems there is some DLC on its way priced at $9 and also a MONTHLY subscription option for an extra slot for characters for $.99 per month. The survey was from a third party survey company and not from Sony but it was very specific about MAG and PS3.

It also hinted at a price drop to $39 soon. I guess MAG devs decided to beat Activision to the punch on the monthly fee front.

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
I've been playing mag again lately after taking a big break from it. I'm sad to see the community numbers have dropped considerably since last time I played.

Love this game so much.

Hitman_T92

TWISTED METAL
Sep 1, 2008
Hangar 18
price is now 30$
the idea of a sub is stupid the game is not that popular doing that will kill it
and dlc is inevitable and the price range is always around 10$

I OU a Beatn

Superior Member
Jan 17, 2008
Southern PA
It needs new maps FAST. The player numbers have dropped significantly, and I think I speak for the rest of the MAG players when I say that most of us are tired of playing on the same 3 maps over and over and over. Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee that we only get a new map or two, but I guess anything is better than nothing.

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
If this is true, $0.99 per month for an extra character slot is easily the most pathetic attempt at monthly fees I've heard - ever.

Honestly, if you want to charge monthly; provide some real content and incentive to pay monthly.

Adding an extra character slot is laughable. Though I'm sure some will disagree.

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
Hey IOU,

Do you have a similar PSN ID as your forum name? I swear I've fought someone with a name similar to that.

I OU a Beatn

Superior Member
Jan 17, 2008
Southern PA
[QUOTE="shepard, post: 0]Hey IOU,

Do you have a similar PSN ID as your forum name? I swear I've fought someone with a name similar to that.[/quote]

Yeah, it's pretty much exactly the same. I_OU_a-Beatn

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
[QUOTE="IOUaBeatn, post: 0]Yeah, it's pretty much exactly the same. I_OU_a-Beatn[/quote]

Yup, I've died to you lol
The name aways stuck in my head, just seemed like a fitting name to lose to heh.

XSpike

Superior Member
Dec 2, 2005
[QUOTE="shepard, post: 0]I've been playing mag again lately after taking a big break from it. I'm sad to see the community numbers have dropped considerably since last time I played.

Love this game so much.[/quote]

Yep I did the same, I left for awhile and I'm back playing again now. I got my Valor character to lvl 60 and switched to S.V.E.R to find out why it was so hard to defeat them on dom. Finding SVER boring its just too easy.

But anyways, i doubt there be a monthly fee. Even if there is for a extra slot I think having 1 slot is good

Shau - Kenshin

Dedicated Member
Nov 23, 2005
Never picked up the game, was not impressed with it, went BFBC 2 instead. I say that to say this, how, when the game is not a massive staggering hit, to you even CONSIDER monthy fee's to play? The game needes more time to develop and looks very unfinished. When I played the game (not at home) my original ideas were confirmed.

I dont think that this needs to be the game that brings FFX1, Warcraft, type subscription play to the forfront. Its just not strong enough..

FireSol

Super Elite
Mar 23, 2007
Moscow
[QUOTE="Insanehead, post: 0]So the numbers of players are dwindling?

Quality (fun) >>>> Quantity (256 players)[/quote]

well now its around 1000 players on each side

domination game is very fun
yes, maps can be better balanced, but its ok now
all depends from ppl in your squad

k.cuthbertson

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2008
[QUOTE="FireSol, post: 0]not enough people???
got it at launch and continue playing all games are full
and you dont need to wait more than 2 min to get in game[/quote]

Ya exactly, It's way easier to get into games than people are making it out to be. It still has a great following, even at 3-4 in the morning you get into a game right away. In fact If you were to play 1 hour of MAG and 1 hour of MW2, you'd get more playing time in from MAG because you never get dropped, hosts don't migrate, and you don't have to wait an entire minute between games for no apparent reason.

Dec 22, 2008
MAG needs new content fast.

No, I don't mean this stupid crap from the beta that was already on the disc. We need new maps, or even new weapons that aren't just palette swaps of old weapons with ever so slightly changed stats.

First and foremost, I want my balaclavas. Seriously, I've been missing that thing since retail day one. It was cut for memory, so they could add new weapons.

New weapons? You mean the palette swapped stuff? :pissed:

Poor poor acquisition, if any maps are unbalanced, it's the maps from this mode. I feel bad curb stomping Valor every match. I've only lost against them 2 or 3 times and I have over 300 hours of playtime on here. There's a reason you see Valor with a big fat ZERO next to their in game numbers for acquisition during late night times.

I have heard that new maps are coming soon, or at least some real DLC. Listen to their podcasts if you really want to know about their info.

I play Mag under crushdood and crushemnow.

higgos22

Master Guru
Feb 8, 2009
I still havnt gotten this game, I hope numbers stay up I just been strapped for cash so I havnt gotten it it looks real fun though