Sweet new lost planet vids

T

Tribunal

It looks great, but the gameplay looks like it will get repetitive really really fast.

mintrieri

Superior Member
Jul 13, 2005
Tribunal said:
It looks great, but the gameplay looks like it will get repetitive really really fast.
At E3, I saw a wide variety of creatures that you fight on foot and in different Mechs. It plays great (and uses the rumble feature to great effect) and has a unique control mechanic. I trust Capcom to deliver a stellar experience.

Aquanox

Forum Sage
May 26, 2005
With the gameplay features of this game, repetitive is the last word that comes up into my mind when I see its videos.

Apart from it looking great and moving smooth, the Mechs are different between them, which means different weapons and movements and also I think there are vehicles and as Mintrieri said, in just one trailer they shown a damn variety of enemies, all of them with different abilities and concepts (flying, rolling, undergound ones, mechanics)

That's my idea of an exciting and non-repetitive game if you ask me.

A

Azure

Or, use mechs to kill bugs. It depends how you slice it. :D

EDIT:>> I just watched them all, it does look nice, but yeah I think I would get bored of playing that in all of 20 minutes.

If I am being objective however, I didnt get bored with God of War and I guess thats just the same hack and slash over and over....

Jan 9, 2006
DukeofSpades said:
I thought this game looked good until I played the demo. I've now scratched it off my list.
Sweet! That'll increase my odds of getting this when it launches then. This game is at the TOP of my games list with the GOW, Halo3, Mass Effect. For a demo, the graphics look fantastic, the game is definitly not repetative, and is very fun in general.

A

Aleman

I just played the demo again. It was still fun even though I've beaten it five times now.

May 25, 2006
DukeofSpades said:
I thought this game looked good until I played the demo. I've now scratched it off my list.
Your joking? The demo looked fantastic! One of the best looking 360 games so far. The finished game will be great and I cannot wait for it. Capcom FTW! :p

The_Only

Forum Sage
Feb 9, 2004
www.rebelreading.tk
Evolution Studios’ Paul Rutschynsky has revealed that the locations seen in MotorStorm: Apocalypse were influenced by a number of West Coast cities, including the likes of San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Speaking with the folks at VG247 recently, Rutschynsky commented, “We’ve been influenced by a number of West Coast cities,” adding, “Whether it’s LA, San Francisco, it’s like our own fictional West Coast metropolis event. It’s based upon a number of American cities.”

He went on to add that the developer opted against utilizing a real-life city as it felt doing so would restrict things from a gameplay perspective.

“We didn’t actually want to have a real city because we felt it would restrict us. We didn’t [want to] have to have this series of roads or have to have these landmarks here – we can create our own landmarks and then destroy them and do whatever we want with them.”

“It basically allows us to create the best tracks this way. Can you imagine trying to create a track where you jump through skyscrapers in a real city? It’d be impossible,” he continued.

MotorStorm: Apocalypse is pencilled in for release exclusively on PS3 in early 2011.