Tales series heading to Vita.

Gaddes

Super Elite
Sep 2, 2008
Myrtle Beach S.C
www.facebook.com
In the Dengeki PlayStation interview with Tales series producer Makoto Yoshizumi, it was revealed that the team has started working on the next entry of the Tales series; and Yoshizumi is actually planning to bring the series on PS Vita, he expects to share the news with the audience soon.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/06/vita_tales/

The Vita is shaping up to be one hell of a JRPG machine. Already got the cash for my Vita.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
Awesomee. I wonder if this will be a port of Tales of the Abyss (I think thats the one going to the 3DS?) Or a port of a different one, or a new game entirely. Either way, I actually don't own ANY Tales games but will start getting into the newer ones as well as Vesparia if I can get my hands on it, so I shall buy them all!

Mael Duin

Elite Sage
Sep 12, 2005
If they port Tales of Vesperia (PS3 version) I would love it like hell. But still, I rather have new Tales of- game. I hope it won't be Xillia.
Also, Namco does have bad reputation when it comes to releasing Tales of- games outside Japan, hopefully we will get that Vita- game...

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="Mael Duin, post: 5653930]If they port Tales of Vesperia (PS3 version) I would love it like hell. But still, I rather have new Tales of- game. I hope it won't be Xillia.
Also, Namco does have bad reputation when it comes to releasing Tales of- games outside Japan, hopefully we will get that Vita- game...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I would love for Vesperia to be released on the Vita and port it here in the west along with all the DLC that is currently exclusive on PS3. A brand new Tales game would be nice also.

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="Ryunosuke, post: 5659471]Namco Bandai opened a countdown site for a new Tales of game. After the performance of Tales of Xillia on PS3 and the recent comments about Tales of series coming to Vita, there is a good chance this countdown is for a Vita title.

Here is the site.
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/taleschannel/newtalesof/[/QUOTE]

LMAO if its for 360 or Wii.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 5659504]Vitasales +1
Love the Tales series but europe never got TotAbyss so maybe now we'll get our chance.[/QUOTE]Are you serious?!. It's definitely the top of my list of favorite Tales games ever made!. I swear that Namco just hates their fanbase. :???:

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Means nothing to me without some hint towards localization.

[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 5659785]Haha, well what can i say... it certainly looks that way.
At least we got Tales of Eternia on PSP a few years ago, one of the few PSP "exclusives" that justified the purchase ;)[/QUOTE]
Imported ToE as it was only released in the EU/AUS and Japan.

Ryunosuke

Elite Member
Jul 3, 2005
Oklahoma
I don't believe it is 100% confirmed yet, but apparently there are 2 new Tales of games. One is 'Tales of Innocence R' for PSVita and the other is 'Tales of Heroes Twin Brave' for PSP.

Ryunosuke

Elite Member
Jul 3, 2005
Oklahoma
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5661894]Odd they're making another for PSP, then again if the budget for it is low, Vita customers will buy it too if it releases before Innocence R (which it probably will) and they can enjoy some easy profits.[/QUOTE]

The PSP one sounds like (going by the name) that it might be similar to the Radiant Mythology games. If so, it could be part of the reason it is for the PSP.

Just keep in mind this isn't confirmed yet. It is supposedly in VJump, we should find out soon if it is real or not.

Edit: On another note a new Ys had been announced for the PSVita(this weeks famitsu reveal).

Last edited:

Ryunosuke

Elite Member
Jul 3, 2005
Oklahoma
List of Vita games from the Sony press release.

Edit: Meant that for the TGS Vita thread(had a lot of tabs opened). Oh well, the point of showing it was to show all the JRPGs.