Team Fortress 2 PS3 online...

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
Incase no one has heard this news, PS3 version of TF2 will only be able to play online against PS3 users. While the X360 can communicate with X360 as well as PCs.

"The PS3 version is being done by EA over in the UK, and they don't have all the networking stuff in yet to do anything other than [pause] it's rending and running the games and whatnot, but they're still dropping in the network layers. They're going to be using a piece of code that EA uses for its PS3 multiplayer stuff. Chances are the PS3 version will only play other PS3s. There's zero chance of them talking to 360s."
-Doug Lombardi (Valve Marketing Director)

http://pc.ign.com/articles/779/779677p2.html

I was hoping on kicking some X360 @$$! Oh well...

PS3World

Forum Elder
Nov 25, 2006
Am Happy with that! Why an earth would I wanna play against people who who will clearly have advantage over me,i.e mouse and keyboard.

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="PS3World, post: 0]Am Happy with that! Why an earth would I wanna play against people who who will clearly have advantage over me,i.e mouse and keyboard.[/quote]

The PS3 version will have support for mouse and keyboard. So, there would be no advantage. I just think that "outsourcing" the PS3 version crippled it in the online department; since now we have a much smaller user base as compared to PC+X360.

No_Style

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2007
[QUOTE="cruzader, post: 0]The PS3 version will have support for mouse and keyboard. So, there would be no advantage. I just think that "outsourcing" the PS3 version crippled it in the online department; since now we have a much smaller user base as compared to PC+X360.[/QUOTE]

Could you confirm this "keyboard and mouse" support? I most likely be picking it up for the PC, but this piece of support could persuade me to opt for the PS3 version.

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
Imagine if Valve/EA pulled this off though- having all three systems (PS3, X360, PC) networked playing againsted each other. To me, that's some what of a break through in online gaming.

No_Style

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2007
[QUOTE="cruzader, post: 0]Imagine if Valve/EA pulled this off though- having all three systems (PS3, X360, PC) networked playing againsted each other. To me, that's some what of a break through in online gaming.[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy XI = PS2 vs X360 vs PC.

It would still be cool though.

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="No_Style, post: 0]Final Fantasy XI = PS2 vs X360 vs PC.

It would still be cool though.[/quote]

I forgot about that game...

PS3World

Forum Elder
Nov 25, 2006
[QUOTE="cruzader, post: 0]Imagine if Valve/EA pulled this off though- having all three systems (PS3, X360, PC) networked playing againsted each other. To me, that's some what of a break through in online gaming.[/quote]

Am sure some game in future will crack it.

Mika Mo 25

Super Elite
Sep 25, 2005
I know this and I like this fact. I would hate playing people using a mouse and a keyboard...plus its free to play on PS3 so I'll enjoy it.

RedRedef

Dedicated Member
Oct 13, 2006
[QUOTE="Clover09, post: 0]Actually its good have no cross platform, because there are lots of little screaming kids on Xbox live.[/quote]
+1, less children playing on the PSN for some reason. Hmmm.

A

Aleman

[QUOTE="RedRedef, post: 0]+1, less children playing on the PSN for some reason. Hmmm.[/quote]

Probably just because they don't have mics.

Mika Mo 25

Super Elite
Sep 25, 2005
Or the kids don't have $600 to plod down even though I didn't mind doing it. Which reminds me I need to get a mic but I still don't know which one to get because I would like it to work with my cell phone as well. I know there was a thread for that but I doubt I could find it now.

Do you guys have any suggestions on which mic to buy to play online?

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[QUOTE="Clover09, post: 0]Actually its good have no cross platform, because there are lots of little screaming kids on Xbox live.[/QUOTE]

Amen. And with us PS3ers and PCers with our Keyboards and mice capping on them all day it could only get worse.

Oct 22, 2007
I'm not up to date at all, but wasn't this game released months ago?
I can hardly find no information about TF2 PS3 Online playing at all!?

Is it confirmed that the PS3 version has full support for keyboard and mouse, just like UT3?
And is it still like that that you only can play against other PS3's?

Is it any fun online? Worth buying? Alot of players and servers? Advice me...

Thanks,
Simon

Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
How would that feel though? Your online playing for free and your playing some guys that have to pay monthly to be doing the same thing lol. Plus all the fanboyism that would hapen, i think they purposely kept us away from each other.

Oct 22, 2007
[QUOTE="soldier one, post: 0]How would that feel though? Your online playing for free and your playing some guys that have to pay monthly to be doing the same thing lol. Plus all the fanboyism that would hapen, i think they purposely kept us away from each other.[/quote]

If you know anything about the game.. maybe you own it yourself?
Couldn't you please answer my questions and help me out.

Thanks