Team ICO is developing not one but TWO games

Bobbin

Apprentice
Aug 24, 2006
Today I was at the Motorstorm event here in Germany. I talked to a product manager of Sony Playstation Germany and he told me that Team ICO is actually developing two games at once with one being close to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus in terms of atmosphere and setting. Btw, he also told me that there would be lots of announcements at E3 which no one knows about yet. Very nice to see someone so confident, Sony will really start to heat things up starting late summer.

Raziel123

Elite Member
Jan 23, 2007
NICE

team ico are the best devs around. can't wait to see what they can do with the ps3.

im guessing the other one might be a PSN title?

P

phranctoast

NICE

team ico are the best devs around. can't wait to see what they can do with the ps3.

im guessing the other one might be a PSN title?
I heard psn title as well. It might even be in the ign release dates with a tba.

capps

Dedicated Member
Jan 9, 2006
Personally I would be all about SotC being remixed for PSN with less pop-in, improved framerate, etc. But I think it's probably more along the lines that they have a new IP (because that's how they roll) for PS3 in a disc based form, and then they're probably working on a quirky PSN title that will be fantastic. Either way, cannot wait for whatever product they put out.

Agriel

Forum Sage
Mar 7, 2007
thanks for this info I hope its true, can't wait to find out more info. I just know Sony has a lot of aces they still haven't pulled

AndyD

Oct 3, 2006
Yea, I think it will be a PSN game and a full game. I cant wait to see what they have for us... they always give us amazing games, although they dont always do well right off the bat.

Oct 3, 2006
Motorstorm event? Motorstorm just got released in Germany?

That is cool though, there is the Gamer's Day which is going to be huge, and now E3 might still be huge.

Feb 22, 2005
awe man, even though they said hat Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were not tied in, i think they lied. c'mon...the kid with the horns...c'mon. maybe it will tie them together.either way i loved ICO and Shadow of the Colossus

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="Bobbin, post: 0]Today I was at the Motorstorm event here in Germany. I talked to a product manager of Sony Playstation Germany and he told me that Team ICO is actually developing two games at once with one being close to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus in terms of atmosphere and setting. Btw, he also told me that there would be lots of announcements at E3 which no one knows about yet. Very nice to see someone so confident, Sony will really start to heat things up starting late summer.[/QUOTE]

Pass that message to the Sony guy;)

Bobbin

Apprentice
Aug 24, 2006
[QUOTE="PS3GamerKyle, post: 0]Motorstorm event? Motorstorm just got released in Germany?[/quote]

Actually not. It's available here since launch but all the marketing efforts are concentrated on it until Lair, Singstar and the other AAA titles are coming.

The Event was as follows: They rented a gas station here in Hamburg. You brought your car there, they sprayed some mud on it and you got a full load of fuel for free. All done by some really gorgeous girls ...

Here are two pictures I made myself:

Btw, the PSN title you are guessing sounds very reasonable. One last tidbit: They are aiming for a presentation at E3 although I don't know for which of the two titles.

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
Totally awesome to hear. I knew one was coming, but 2 would be great. One of my favourite devs to be sure, and one of the most talented.

Brian

[QUOTE="Bobbin, post: 0]Today I was at the Motorstorm event here in Germany. I talked to a product manager of Sony Playstation Germany and he told me that Team ICO is actually developing two games at once with one being close to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus in terms of atmosphere and setting. Btw, he also told me that there would be lots of announcements at E3 which no one knows about yet. Very nice to see someone so confident, Sony will really start to heat things up starting late summer.[/QUOTE]

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="Bobbin, post: 0]Actually not. It's available here since launch but all the marketing efforts are concentrated on it until Lair, Singstar and the other AAA titles are coming.

The Event was as follows: They rented a gas station here in Hamburg. You brought your car there, they sprayed some mud on it and you got a full load of fuel for free. All done by some really gorgeous girls ...

Here are two pictures I made myself:

Btw, the PSN title you are guessing sounds very reasonable. One last tidbit: They are aiming for a presentation at E3 although I don't know for which of the two titles.[/QUOTE]

And they are very Nice photo's :D

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
[QUOTE="jatin777, post: 0]I am confused...wasn't E3 canceled last year?[/quote]

E3 was only downsized. This is indeed great news. I beat both Ico and Shadow of the Collosus earlier this year, and those two were just awe inspiring experiences. Here's to hoping that we can get our first look at Team Ico's next project at E3.

Raziel123

Elite Member
Jan 23, 2007
glad to see so many people like these games now.

i played ico back when it was released and absolutely fell in love with it. but its sales were very poor and most people didnt even know about it..

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
I had actually played a demo of Ico when it was first released, but I never purchased it, something I--of course--later rectified.

San-J

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2007
I'm sorry, but does everyone on this forum believe everything people say that has no real proof?

I think tomorow im going to make a thread saying "Alien's have landed and they are selling Playstation 5's".

stawnkald

Apprentice
Nov 23, 2005
I vividly remember heading to the store after a class to grab both Silent Hill 2 and ICO on release day (they both hit the same day), and spent the rest of the day playing both, but ICO just a little more.

It was one of those moments where I thought "you know, this PS2 thing is gonna work out."

May 15, 2007
"being close to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus in terms of atmosphere and setting."

Thats all I needed to hear, been waiting for a new Team ICO game since...well...beating Shadow of the Colossus! Really looking forward to the soundtrack for the game as well, since ICO and SotC both had great music.