Ten Reasons Why You Should Date a Female Gamer (Response Thread to illbashu)

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
10. Date Nights Made Simple. Every so often it’s nice to be treated to a night out on the town, however that doesn’t mean we’re not up for a night in. Order some tasty Chinese, have some beer and drinks in the fridge, and we’re all for gaming and movie all-nighters. You can make it fun by coming up with drinking games (Please drink responsibly!!) or making the loser do the dishes. Just have fun with it and make it an evening about spending time together.

9. Technically Capable. Female gamers know their way around the tech. We can set up a sound system, set schedules on the DVR, we know the difference between RCA, Component and HDMI cables. And if we don’t know, we sure aren’t afraid to learn how.

8. Tour Guide. It’s not easy juggling a strategy guide or running to the laptop/computer to look at a guide while you are being scorched by an evil mage in a dungeon or trying to figure out your next move when the path you came down is suddenly blocked off. Helping you out by looking up hints and reading parts of walkthroughs out for you is fine with us. We just ask that you do the same if we ever need a hand.

7. Puzzle Solvers. You’ve got the lights down low, you’re playing an action-adventure or survival horror game and – WHAM! – you’ve run into a puzzle that you just can’t solve. Luckily, your significant other has been paying attention and is able to figure it out for you. It’s always good to have a second and fresh set of eyes around when you get stumped. We feel exactly the same.

The BioShock inspired "Moral Choices" tee from SplitReason
6. Awesome Presents. You want a game or an accessory for your birthday/anniversary/Valentine’s Day? You got it. We love finding cool t-shirts, hoodies and belt buckles to add to your wardrobe. And if we pick you up an XBL or PSN card, we know you’ll quickly find something to spend it on.

5. No Midnight Launches Alone. Don’t want to stand alone outside GameStop for hours waiting for the next Halo or Modern Warfare title to come out? We’ll be there to keep you company, hold our place in the line if you have to make a bathroom or food run (or vice versa) and convince you that yes, you do want to buy the strategy guide because you’ll be waiting a week for GameFAQs to have a complete walkthrough when one of us inevitably gets stuck.

4. The Cake is Not a Lie. Time and time again, we have proven that we love our significant others through cake. More often than not, gamer couples enjoy gaming related or geek themed baked goods. Just Google “gaming wedding cakes” or “gamer wedding” and you’ll see some awesome cakes, Halo inspired weddings and unique gaming proposals.

3. The Zombie Apocalypse. If movies such as Zombieland and games like Left 4 Dead have taught us anything, its that you can try to survive on your own, but when the zombies start heading for the mall, you want someone by your side to help kill them. It’s just a matter of time, so don’t fight the zombies alone! Begin training for the future now.

2. We understand you. Only a gamer can truly understand the needs of another of our kind. We won’t walk in front of the screen during a boss battle or kick you off the TV to watch a show (every gaming couple knows the importance of the second TV and a DVR). And we will grab a beer for each of us in between rounds of Horde mode. Taking on waves of giant aliens or zombies is a team effort.

It's a Katamari themed wedding!
1. Co-op Partner for Life. Sure, you won’t always want to play co-op, and neither will we. But for the times when your friends have moved onto another game and you want someone to team up with you, we will be there. Just want a sparring partner? We’ve got that covered too. Just keep in mind relationships are give and take, so you’d better be able to take it as well as you can dish it out.
http://www.gamingangels.com/2010/03/ten-reasons-why-you-should-date-a-female-gamer/

Basically where this discussion stemmed from. Its not all glamorized as it would seem at first though.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
I had a girlfriend that was a gamer, I hated it. We never left the house, we just sat on our fat butts and played games. my "significant other" doesn't play a lot of games and actually we go out of house and do stuff. Thank god, i tried the whole girlfriend gamer and it truely sucks, that is unless your a cave dweller or something.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
my girl isnt... but she is SLOWLY SLOWLY SLOWLY working her way into liking some games...

If the relationship ever goes sour I hope I can find a gaming girl... I love spending time at home, but I like going out too.

From the list, I just like the sound of co-op and cakes :D

nskinnear

Elite Sage
Oct 12, 2007
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 0]Nah, there aren't many girl gamers and most of them are ugos anyway..I can get a much more attractive "normal" girl :lol:[/quote]
That is very not true.

H

helpmeoprah

been with many normal girls and a couple gamer girls, married a gamer. its so much easier, i don't have to worry about stupid coach bags or anything of that sort. make up that is crazily expensive or anything a normal girl would want. lets put it this way she hates shopping at malls, lets talk about time saving there! been with her so long going back to a "normal" girl would suck cause i don't want to sit in a mall for 7+ hours again ever! and gamer girls understand when you just gotta run out to buy another ps3 cause of some stupid clock error, or ylod. they encourage it. and if she was hideous i wouldnt have married her haha

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
lol i disagree with getting forced into buying strategy guides..that's absurd..who buys that nowadays? it's good reading material on the crapper...you can easily google a level section and get a youtube video or forum thread asking the same question...that's how I do it..

also, unofficial reason 11

11: Sexual Morale: To add to number 8; on top of having a quick search done by your gf, she can also motivate you to achieve success in the game, and in her as well. You're stuck at one puzzle or one boss and you just want to give up. You've looked at the strategies, but for you, it's too hard because the timing has to be very precise. Have no fear as your girl saves the day. She takes down her pants and sits on your lap while you button mash away and pump her with your iron rod. If you fear that she will be in your way, then perhaps a quick gobble or a "give-me-a-hand-here" will suffice. Your morale will instantly go up as your blood pressure will skyrocket at the same time. And who knows, you can achieve a nice record of beating the boss, while ejaculating at the same time, precision is key here. If that's not an epic win, I don't know what is.:lol::lol::lol:

HD_GAMER

Superior Member
Oct 12, 2008
UK West Midlands
I met a Gamer Girl on Uncharted 2 and were going to meet up in 3months because she wants to lose her virginity I'm 18 she is 23.

I have never ever told my mum about any of my girlfriends but yesterday the girl i met said if you tell your mum about me i will strip for you tonight. I was so nervous and felt sick. But i managed to build up the courage to tell my mum.

In the end i got my strip :lol: and then we went of Uncharted to celebrate :dunce

B

BioSonic

[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 0]Nah, there aren't many girl gamers and most of them are ugos anyway..I can get a much more attractive "normal" girl :lol:[/quote]
So girls who play video games are not normal? :|

DarkVincent07

Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="HD_GAMER, post: 0]I met a Gamer Girl on Uncharted 2 and were going to meet up in 3months because she wants to lose her virginity I'm 18 she is 23.

I have never ever told my mum about any of my girlfriends but yesterday the girl i met said if you tell your mum about me i will strip for you tonight. I was so nervous and felt sick. But i managed to build up the courage to tell my mum.

In the end i got my strip :lol: and then we went of Uncharted to celebrate :dunce[/quote]

Dude.... total score.

I need to play online more often

How far away does she live from you???

HD_GAMER

Superior Member
Oct 12, 2008
UK West Midlands
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 0]Dude.... total score.

I need to play online more often

How far away does she live from you???[/quote]

maybe like 2-3hours away by car. But im going to have a free house for 10days in July so she is going to get a train here and stay for a few nights.:lol:

This is why uncharted 2 is my GOTY

DarkVincent07

Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="HD_GAMER, post: 0]maybe like 2-3hours away by car. But im going to have a free house for 10days in July so she is going to get a train here and stay for a few nights.:lol:

This is why uncharted 2 is my GOTY[/quote]

Wow, suuuupeerrr lucky.

p.s Use a rubber.

Mar 7, 2009
Scotland
girl gamers FTW. :D

though this list is sort of stupid, too, not as bad as the other one.. but really, game-related cakes?? gamer weddings? no thanks.

then again, I did walk down the aisle to "Push it to the Limit" because we were both big GTA fans :D but that's about as gamer-y as our wedding got and it was AWESOME to see the looks on everyone's faces when it happened.

I don't know. basically my opinion is "having a gamer girlfriend can be awesome or terrible just like having a non-gamer girlfriend can be awesome or terrible, and these top ten lists are ****ing stupid". :D

though HD_GAMER, man, I am really happy for you. there's nothing better than meeting someone who shares your interests and makes you happy :)

Mar 27, 2010
[QUOTE="maggiemgill, post: 0]
I don't know. basically my opinion is "having a gamer girlfriend can be awesome or terrible just like having a non-gamer girlfriend can be awesome or terrible, and these top ten lists are ****ing stupid". :D
[/quote]

agreed. chick power ftw.

DarkVincent07

Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="HD_GAMER, post: 0]My luck could change and she could turn out to be a serial killer or used to be called Steve.:cry:[/quote]

LOL. In which case, take a bat.

But honestly, didn't you talk to her over U2 and other social networks?? lol.

[QUOTE="HD_GAMER, post: 0]XD her hands are pretty small actually. Her index finger is 3" long. I know that because she said that's the biggest thing that has ever been inside her :lol:[/quote]

TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

H

helpmeoprah

[QUOTE="HD_GAMER, post: 0]XD her hands are pretty small actually. Her index finger is 3" long. I know that because she said that's the biggest thing that has ever been inside her :lol:[/quote]

she's obviously lying to you..... she's been with a ton of guys then, or is forty five and a guy

Serinous

Elite Sage
Feb 18, 2008
my girl isnt a gamer girl, but she likes to play games with me, and has no problem with me on my ps3. she even offered to buy me a new slim LOL

HD_GAMER

Superior Member
Oct 12, 2008
UK West Midlands
[QUOTE="DarkVincent07, post: 0]LOL. In which case, take a bat.

But honestly, didn't you talk to her over U2 and other social networks?? lol.

TOO MUCH INFORMATION.[/quote]

Yeah i talk to her on U2 every night we also cam on skype the only social network is use is twitter.

@Helpmeoprah No she isn't like that she is pretty shy the only thing she has ever loved is her pet rabbits. Her Mum said she is only allowed to meet me if i liked rabbits too. So Ive had to research different breeds of rabbits and there are fooking tons of them >_<.

BTW i really hate your sig it looks crap..........just kidding i just wanted to join in like the other guys in your other thread.:lol:

Behemoko

Elite Sage
Nov 14, 2006
Minnesota
In my experience, this is mostly a no-no. The bad reasons seem to outweigh the good when I think about my personal past experiences and interactions with girl gamers.