TGS was great, but...

rblanshard

Superior Member
Apr 30, 2008
Dallas
...they still haven't confirmed everything.

Japanese release date: check.
Dynamic weather: check. (an awesome check BTW)
New videos: check.
Rebuilt Laguna and Trial Mountain: check.

How about the rest of the tracks and full car list? I'll give them a pass on the full car list. I certainly don't need/want to go through a list that long and extensive.

Maybe I'm a minority here, but I'm really curious about the tracks. 20 "locations", 70 variations?

And, please no debates on what this means.

I know we're 6 weeks away from release, but it would have been nice to tell us what exactly we're paying for. Given PD's track history, this lack of information doesn't surprise me, but once - just once - I wish they'd have ended all debates.

Dec 19, 2006
I'm pretty sure every track from GT4 will be in, even if they aren't all remade from scratch. I don't see why they'd include standard cars from GT4 and not tracks. Besides, don't you want some thing to be a surprise when you play the game?

Dec 19, 2006
[QUOTE="roy8846, post: 5193828]I want suprises..
There are infinite rally stages though correct?? They are made on the fly or something??[/QUOTE]

Yep. Randomly generated rally stages so you have to rely on the co-driver's pace notes. Will be awesome. :)

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
I'm a little confused why you started a topic with a bunch of confirmed information, then state one thing you're "curious" about and put down the statement... then ask for no debates on what that could mean? What's this topic supposed to be about then?

rblanshard

Superior Member
Apr 30, 2008
Dallas
[QUOTE="Metal Militia, post: 5193836]Yep. Randomly generated rally stages so you have to rely on the co-driver's pace notes. Will be awesome. :)[/QUOTE]

This is pretty cool.

[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5193854]I'm a little confused why you started a topic with a bunch of confirmed information, then state one thing you're "curious" about and put down the statement... then ask for no debates on what that could mean? What's this topic supposed to be about then?[/QUOTE]

Just stating my own disappointment about the lack of confirmation regarding the tracks. We've seen countless debates on what is "meant" by the 20 locations, 70 variations. No, it's 70 tracks. No, it's 20 tracks with multiple layouts. I didn't want to start another one of those discussions.

I was simply stating my own disappointment that PD didn't give us the full details of the game. I've plunked down $100 for the collector's edition on blind faith that it's going to be mind blowing. Clearly some of us are ok with surprises. To a certain degree, I'm fine with that too, just curious about what tracks are included and wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way.

RobJackson85

PHAT boy gone slim
Mar 25, 2007
England
If it's 20 track locations with 70 variants then technically there will be 70 tracks. 70 different layouts that we can whizz around.

It's like GT5:p, there are 6 locations but numerous layouts.

FLASH48

Master Poster
Oct 18, 2006
There has to be some surprises. If not it would be like knowing everything you are getting for Christmas before opening your presents. I for one wouldn't like that so much, i like surprises.
Who knows they can still give us short videos of things coming in GT5. Also in about 6 weeks or so you will know everything.

Anubis79

Superior Member
Jul 6, 2008
There's over a month to go, that's plenty of time for bits to become available. We don't know for a fact that this is the end of the info road, and yes we don't know more will come...but there's no point being upset 6 weeks from launch. If we're 6 days from launch and nothing more is known, then by all means question the worth of your purchase. I wouldn't care if it was just a prettied up version of 4, it's still going to be great. And I know I'll get my money's worth going off what is already known.

Graham

like.no.other
Dec 3, 2005
rblanshard; said:
I was simply stating my own disappointment that PD didn't give us the full details of the game. I've plunked down $100 for the collector's edition on blind faith that it's going to be mind blowing. Clearly some of us are ok with surprises. To a certain degree, I'm fine with that too, just curious about what tracks are included and wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way.
To be fair, nobody told you to plunk down $100 on the CE. You could have spent significantly less on a standard copy for a start. Dont even get me going on the act of paying for the game in full months ahead of release... ;)

As for wanting a surprise or not, sure I do. I want to find out for myself just how many tracks are in the game, and we already know that there are over 1000 (albeit contentious) cars in the game. I don't need to know ahead of the game what all of the various options are, and the online mode is of little importance to me.

I can remember when the only time you knew about a new game was because you either saw it on the shelf or you read a review in a magazine! No pre-conceptions, no hype to be destroyed, and no getting upset about what it should or should not have contained. Grumpy old man syndrome ;)