The 2011/2012 Football Season Summer Transfers Thread

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
Ok, this thread is for discussion of EVERY football teams transfer rumours this summer.
Thought it would be easier than going into every respective teams official threads and people getting butthurt ;)

So, c'mon guys, let's get the banter/wishlists going :)

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5577600]I know alot about football, but what is a transfer rumour, is that like a trade?[/QUOTE]

Kind of, in ice-hockey and other sports you trade players for other players while you can do that in football as well the more popular choice is to buy players with cash. So a transfer is any transaction taking place for a player.

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5577600]I know alot about football, but what is a transfer rumour, is that like a trade?[/QUOTE]

Yeah kinda. A player transfers from one team to another,usually costing a ****load of cash :snicker

@ DC - might take a while to get going this thread,till the proper transfer window opens on 1st July.

As a Liverpool fan, with Henderson already tied up, im hoping we can sign Juan Mata from Valencia. And i would take Gael Clichy over José Enrique any day.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
Ok thanks, i wasnt to sure at first. I think that the Bears need to get a new QB, Cutler is ok, but he suck sin the clutch, and he has good games on occasion. So, i think they should get Kevin Kolb from the Eagles. For a wish, i would want Tom Brady, but a QB can only do so much. So saying that we also need new linemen, maybe Michael Oher. Lasty they need a new WR, i would like Miles Austin from the cowboys, and Baldwin from the ravens.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5577616]Ok thanks, i wasnt to sure at first. I think that the Bears need to get a new QB, Cutler is ok, but he suck sin the clutch, and he has good games on occasion. So, i think they should get Kevin Kolb from the Eagles. For a wish, i would want Tom Brady, but a QB can only do so much. So saying that we also need new linemen, maybe Michael Oher. Lasty they need a new WR, i would like Miles Austin from the cowboys, and Baldwin from the ravens.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is actually about European football though :p

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 5577620]Yeah this is actually about European football though :p[/QUOTE]

Your joking right? If not, there should be an NFL thread like this, because this thread is pretty good.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5577625]Your joking right? If not, there should be an NFL thread like this, because this thread is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

No I'm not joking :D But go ahead and make an NFL one!

LC77

Dedicated Member
May 7, 2008
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 5577597]Great idea. If this is popular I may even sticky it.

City - Sanchez! It's a must. We really need a winger as I feel we may seen SWP leave this summer as part of the clear out which is set to include.

Bellamy, Santa Clause, Adebayor, Bridge, Jo(?)[/QUOTE]

Looks like you need another defender, now that Boateng wants out. :lol:

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="LC77, post: 5577654]Looks like you need another defender, now that Boateng wants out. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I can see Cahill going to City from Bolton, apparently he wants silly money.

Is the Fabregas to Barca saga going to end this summer?

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
The Guardian said:
Manchester City bid for all registered UEFA players
•In an effort to secure trophies City owners wants to buy everyone
•Mancini said to be 'pleased' with new transfer policy

It's just money, says Sheikh-Mansour

Manchester City has identified all registered UEFA players as transfer targets, the club relish at the though of buying as many players as possible to ensure titles. It is believed Manchester City will offer a much higher wage than what the players have today at their respective club.

A club spokesperson confirmed to The Guardian that the club is in talks with FIFA over such a policy, FIFA officials are rumored to find the promise of a 'boatload of money' thrown at them favorably.

Chelsea FC is also looking into such an affair.
The Guardian

Damn, City are ruining football.

Sep 11, 2007
Philly
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 5577697]Just imagine if City get Sanchez. Surely Liverpool may become interested in Adam Johnson once again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was gonna say I'd gladly take Johnson off your hands. Quality player and, for me, a much better option than Downing. Hearing all these downing rumors makes my head hurt :( haha.

[QUOTE="T0PGUN, post: 5577681]I have just read that Inter might be after Raul Meireles :([/QUOTE]

I really hope we don't sell him, had a great first season. I can't imagine Kenny getting rid.

[QUOTE="T0PGUN, post: 5577610]As a Liverpool fan, with Henderson already tied up, im hoping we can sign Juan Mata from Valencia. And i would take Gael Clichy over José Enrique any day.[/QUOTE]

Would love Mata. Would be ecstatic if we could get any 2 of the following 3: Mata, Hazard, A.Johnson.

Now for some news rather than hopes. According to TOMMO from RAWK/@Pault86 on twitter, we've verbally agreed with Blackpool and Adam desperately wants to come, but the chairman is being a douche and not signing off on it yet hoping for that 15m offer that Fergie "promised" him in January.

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
Oyston is such a douche!
I like Adam as a player but we shouldn't be held to ransom. And we do have many midfielders.

tapa-talking-talking-tapatalk :snicker

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
Rumors are saying that Manchester United will pick up Shinji Kagawa.. I hope not because he is a top class player and needs to come to Arsenal. :) (I'm not kidding I personally would have a fit and un-injured Kagawa over Nasri)

We also have Ryo Miyaichi who is so far our best signing this season. :lol:

[video=youtube;y_M4I4U9lMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_M4I4U9lMY[/video]

adamp93

Apprentice
Oct 2, 2009
[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 5577794]
We also have Ryo Miyaichi who is so far our best signing this season. :lol:

[/QUOTE]
Feyenoord want to keep him another season though.

We need a giant list of all the important transfers in the OP, the way it's going a manager section would be needed also.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 5578919]Come on City just sign Sanchez. No way in hell should we let poor United outbid the richest football club in the world![/QUOTE]

“Manchester United has been my dream all my life and they would be my first choice” - Alexis Sanchez

But it's not up to him who Udinese sell him to.

We will just have to wait and see who he goes to. His agent is a bit of a bull****ter tbh. Anyone remember this?

MARIO BALOTELLI'S agent insists Manchester United are still in the race to sign the Inter Milan striker.

Balotelli, 19, is under contract with Inter for another three seasons and is also a target for United's bitter rivals Manchester City.

It was rumoured Alex Ferguson had dropped his interest in landing the temperamental star but Mino Raiola claims the Premier League runners-up want his client at Old Trafford.

Raiola said: "The interest of Manchester for Balotelli is concrete and both clubs have confirmed it.
Pretty sure it was the same guy, I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2007
Philly
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 5578951]But it's not up to him who Udinese sell him to.[/QUOTE]

Well, he could refuse to sign a contract with the higher bidder.