The BTCC thread!

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6346976]Anyone watch Oulton today? I saw the first race and it was really close stuff. The entire field (apart from the first 3) were so close together but is it me or did they alter Oulton Park this year? I didn't see the tight hairpin anywhere.[/QUOTE]
Its still there, just they used the international circuit which is another few hundred yards longer, past the tighter hairpin.

http://www.oultonpark.co.uk/circuit...late=MSV-CircuitInfoV2&mapId=22281#circuitMap
I watched the first race then switch to WTCC then watched Chris Froome win the first stage of the Dauphine then watched Nadal win the French Open so didnt see the other races.
Busy day for all types of sports. Infact this whole month and the next is busy.

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6346976]Anyone watch Oulton today? I saw the first race and it was really close stuff. The entire field (apart from the first 3) were so close together but is it me or did they alter Oulton Park this year? I didn't see the tight hairpin anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I have recorded it so plan to watch it when I get home, it might have been the shorter circuit they where racing on this year as like Donnington and Brands Hatch have a long and a short version!

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
It has? Oh man I completely forgot about watching the BTCC. >_<

But I have been watching Motors TV and saw the Super V8's 6 hour Bathurst race, that was sublime.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6391487]It has? Oh man I completely forgot about watching the BTCC. >_<

But I have been watching Motors TV and saw the Super V8's 6 hour Bathurst race, that was sublime.[/QUOTE]

It has lol, Turkington was the champion in the end and well deserved, best racer all season!

Nissan coming back into it next year as well with a new team using injured servicemen as the mechanics etc.........

JordieDAFC

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2013
Scotland
Few things been happening this past week....

Ebay have concluded the sponsorship deal with WSR (The BMW team)

Tordoff has left 888 racing, and joined WSR. Plato rumoured to be leaving 888 too

Turkington not guarenteed a drive with WSR

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
That happened to Turkington last time he won the Championship, he was left without a drive even though he had just sealed the title!

I think Plato may move on from the BTCC and head into GT Racing, would be interesting to see how well he does! Maybe he will even join Shedden and Neil at Honda, what a line up that would be!!

JordieDAFC

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2013
Scotland
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6407748]That happened to Turkington last time he won the Championship, he was left without a drive even though he had just sealed the title!

I think Plato may move on from the BTCC and head into GT Racing, would be interesting to see how well he does! Maybe he will even join Shedden and Neil at Honda, what a line up that would be!![/QUOTE]

Can't see that happening at all :L

JordieDAFC

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2013
Scotland
Some more happenings....

Andrew Jordan has joined 888 racing (MG) and has replaced Plato i believe?

Andy Priaulx has joined BMW, new look for the BMW too. Running a white base with orange and yellow iirc?

Nick Foster has retired from racing

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
I wonder where Plato will go then. Coming second in the championship surely means that he'll get another drive.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Great for Jordan to move on I think, wonder what Plato will decide to do now!

Brilliant that Priaux is back in it next year, looks like it's going to be another great season!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
BTCC starts this weekend, who's else is excited for this season?

Looking forward to seeing how Plato handles the Passat, plus Nico Hamilton will be making a few appearances throughout the season in one of Rob Austin's Audi's!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Anybody else watch at the weekend?

I recorded it because I was out all day but the first race was pretty good, as usual action up and down the field but not too many bumps which was unusual for the first race of the season haha!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Was wondering if anyone else had watched it or I was all on my own :lol:

The second race more than made up for the timid first, contact up and down the field and the last corner clash between Shedden and Priaulx was epic, Shedden just keeping his nose in front!

Would like one of the Honda drivers to win it, either Shedden or Neal I don't mind really but I suppose Plato really is due another championship just for how long he has been in it!

The whole saga with Rob Austin picking himself for pole in the third race was quite funny, no more driver picks now though so he kind of spoiled it for everyone else!

Last edited:

Sekhmet

Superior Member
Apr 12, 2015
Gotham.
I like Honda as a team but as drivers I personally prefer Neal. Shedden is ok. Plato is always complaining about something, that's why I don't like him but I'm not going to deny he can drive when he's on it. :) Rob picking himself did make me smile a bit lol.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Plato does my head in when he complains, it always seems like it's everyone else's fault apart from him but like you say when he's on it no one can touch him!

Donnington this weekend, Sunday looks to be a good day for Motorsport on TV :D

Sekhmet

Superior Member
Apr 12, 2015
Gotham.
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6438529]Plato does my head in when he complains, it always seems like it's everyone else's fault apart from him but like you say when he's on it no one can touch him!

Donnington this weekend, Sunday looks to be a good day for Motorsport on TV :D[/QUOTE]
Yes Sunday is going to be a good day. :D few drinkies f1, btcc and Moto go is perfect for me. :D

Sekhmet

Superior Member
Apr 12, 2015
Gotham.
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6438540]Do you watch the support races in between?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I also like the Clio's and Porsches. I've been to Thruxton a few times and these never disappoint there. Usually a few crashes with no one getting hurt. :)

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
The Clio cup races are good fun to watch, same with the Ginetta's especially the juniors because they are always crashing into each other :lol:

Been to Donnington a few times and Silverstone but not for a little while, need to take a trip back there soon!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I have never been to Thruxton or Brands Hatch although I would really like too, bet Brands is a really good track to go and watch Touring Cars and bikes at.....

Sekhmet

Superior Member
Apr 12, 2015
Gotham.
I love BH. My Uncle works there so sometimes I get a discount on tickets. I love the bikes round there too. Thruxton is about 40 mins drive away for me so it's a great day out. :)

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I need to go to Brands Hatch soon I think, maybe even for the final BTCC races!

That's not too bad then, about the same distance as Silverstone is to me give or take!

Sekhmet

Superior Member
Apr 12, 2015
Gotham.
I jealous that you live so close. I much prefer Silverstone as a track. Mind you during f1, I'd probably never leave. Lol. I'm seeing if I can get some tickets this year for BH. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I have been to Silverstone during the F1 practice 3 years ago and it was amazing, record turn out for a practice session too!

Any particular race you want to get tickets for?

Sekhmet

Superior Member
Apr 12, 2015
Gotham.
The last time I went to Silverstone was for F1. The year Kimi won the Championship. I want to go back there for F1 or moto gp. I'd imagine the bikes are amazing round there.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Been there for the British Superbikes with my brother and it was awesome to watch, the race was cut 5 laps short though because it started tipping it down with rain :(