The Cloverfield Paradox is garbage

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Don't let the trailers and marketing fool you into thinking this is the sequel you've been waiting a decade to watch. This is yet another original script being rewritten because J. J. Abrams and his production won't bother to ever release a true sequel because of scheduling conflicts.

I am sick and tired of the deceit. I am sick and tired of thinking I should enjoy something because the alternative is nothing. Well, I would rather there have been no "sequels" to Cloverfield because at this point my hope and imagination of the sequels were robbed and replaced with garbage. This is J. J. Abrams, Bad Robot and Paramount shifting any and all accountability to Netflix because they know they wouldn't have gotten away with releasing a false sequel the same way a second time.

Forget this garbage and forget J. J. Abrams. If you like giant monster movies, stick to the original Cloverfield from 2008, and if you really want to see a new giant monster movie then wait for Pacific Rim: Uprising and Godzilla vs. Kong.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
The trailer looked pretty stupid ... and when I saw "Cloverfield" tacked onto the title again I just felt all sorts of cringe. We'll never get a proper sequel.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I remember they released a manga around the same time as the original movie. It was about a monster attack in Japan from another Clover, from the perspective of a high school boy and his friends... Kishinn or something like that.

It is probably the closest thing to a respectable sequel/prequel for Cloverfield.