The Dark Sorcerer

Cyn

Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
New IP / tech demo thing from Quantic Dream.

[video=youtube;TC5nrVJ764U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC5nrVJ764U[/video]

More information coming later today. I'm not sure if it's actually about a real sorcerer and the green screen thing was a joke, or playing an actor is the actual game. Either would be cool, for different reasons. Since it's Quantic Dream I'm inclined to think the latter is more likely

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="Cyn, post: 6112672]I'm not sure if it's actually about a real sorcerer and the green screen thing was a joke, or playing an actor is the actual game. Either would be cool, for different reasons. Since it's Quantic Dream I'm inclined to think the latter is more likely[/QUOTE]

'It is a concept only and is not taken from a software title currently in development'

That's what the intro said. It seems their PS4 game won't have anything to do with this. Although I'm sure they'll throw the old man in their game somewhere. lol

jlippone

Forum Guru
Dec 2, 2004
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 6112719]'It is a concept only and is not taken from a software title currently in development'

That's what the intro said. It seems their PS4 game won't have anything to do with this. Although I'm sure they'll throw the old man in their game somewhere. lol[/QUOTE]
Character certainly may be within their next game.
In terms of lighting and animation very impressive.

jlippone

Forum Guru
Dec 2, 2004
Will be interesting to see whole demonstration tomorrow.
Hoping to get goo quality videos on all software shown, sadly the streams didn't hold that well.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
This was amazing. My jaw hit the floor when they showed the green screen. It does just how close to realism it was. Not to mention it was very entertaining.

Ryunosuke

Elite Member
Jul 3, 2005
Oklahoma
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 6112719]'It is a concept only and is not taken from a software title currently in development'

That's what the intro said. It seems their PS4 game won't have anything to do with this. Although I'm sure they'll throw the old man in their game somewhere. lol[/QUOTE]

The characters and name will probably be used for the game. It will probably be similar to what they did with the Heavy Rain tech demo for the PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyubR1rknBM

Ryunosuke

Elite Member
Jul 3, 2005
Oklahoma
The PS4 engine used for Dark Sorcerer is only in its first iteration, and most of the features scheduled for the final version of the engine haven’t yet been implemented. This demo is only a first test that is well below the visual quality we hope to achieve in our next game. The next game will not be based on this demo, obviously (I know, we’re a bit weird), but on an idea that is completely different from what we’ve done to date. It’s incredibly exciting, and I wish I could tell you more… but I can’t.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/11/the-dark-sorcerer-a-next-gen-comedy/
It doesn't appear The Dark Sorcerer will be their next game after all, but their next game will be even more technically and visually impressive. Every tech demo QD has released they have surpassed with their subsequent game.

I am already greatly impressed with The Dark Sorcerer demo, I can't imagine what the final product will look like.

Aug 27, 2008
I thought it was very cute, hate that the goblin was black.

Kidding

Man, these tech demos they're showing are interesting. If I had to choose them picking one and making a game out of it, it'd be that Kara tech demo. I really enjoyed that.

Cyn

Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
[QUOTE="Ryunosuke, post: 6113847]It doesn't appear The Dark Sorcerer will be their next game after all, but their next game will be even more technically and visually impressive. Every tech demo QD has released they have surpassed with their subsequent game.

I am already greatly impressed with The Dark Sorcerer demo, I can't imagine what the final product will look like.[/QUOTE]
That's crazy, it was by far the most visually impressive thing at E3 and they're gonna improve on it..

Shame that it probably won't be a game itself, I was totally into the idea of playing as an eccentric dark sorcerer

Cyn

Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
[QUOTE="Ryunosuke, post: 6113847]It doesn't appear The Dark Sorcerer will be their next game after all, but their next game will be even more technically and visually impressive. Every tech demo QD has released they have surpassed with their subsequent game.

I am already greatly impressed with The Dark Sorcerer demo, I can't imagine what the final product will look like.[/QUOTE]
That's crazy, it was by far the most visually impressive thing at E3 and they're gonna improve on it..

Shame that it probably won't be a game itself, I was totally into the idea of playing as an eccentric dark sorcerer