nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
MAR, 08 2018
TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION 2 ANNOUNCED
Mankind (still) divided.

BY JOE SKREBELS
Massive Entertainment and Ubisoft have announced Tom Clancy's The Division 2.

No real details of the game have been revealed, but we know the sequel will run on an updated version of the Snowdrop engine that powered the original Division two years ago, as well as Mario + Rabbids.
As ever, several Ubisoft studios will support the lead developer - in this case Ubisoft Annecy, Redstorm, Reflections, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Shanghai.
On an official Division stream today, Massive said that there would be no further details until E3 2018.

Creative director Julian Gerighty has said the sequel will take "everything we learned over the past two years and applying it towards the sequel to make sure we get it right."
This news doesn't come as a huge surprise - while Massive has made much of its support for the original game, Managing Director David Polfeldt has previously hinted that a sequel could be on the way:
“I think it's a wonderful, wonderful brand that has so many potential stories in it. There are a lot of things that we didn't do in The Division 1 that are interesting to look at for that brand. I definitely think there's lots of space for continuation which is beyond just keeping The Division online."
This is, however, a marked change in approach from other Ubisoft 'service games'. With a long-tail approach currently reaping rewards for the French publisher, games like Rainbow Six Siege are aiming to run for 10 years or more.
The original Division isn't coming to a close just yet. Massive also announced two final title updates, adding Global Events and four new legendary difficulty missions.
Two legendary missions, Amhurst and Grand Central will come in April. Also in April, there'll be an Xbox One X patch to bring the game up to 4K resolution.
Two more will come in June, alongside the ability to earn "Shields", achievements that will unlock items for use in the sequel.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I think it's a wonderful, wonderful brand that has so many potential stories in it. There are a lot of things that we didn't do in The Division 1 that are interesting to look at for that brand
I've read these "lot of potential, just getting started" quotes so many times that they've lost any meaning when trying to get people excited for a sequel. "Wonderful, wonderful brand", my ass. People just want to know they paid the full price for a full experience.

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Picked up the game and season pass in a uplay deal. Gotta say, fecking loving it. Sounds like the last massive patch really overhauled the game and it's now what it should have been at launch.

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Division 2 will be better or much better than the first! Every game from the start as a new IP will have flaws an it's up to devs to make the game improve and it has!! it keeps bringing gamers back, just like me I like the modes an missions in division even the monthly missions and objectives kinda rewarding afterwards will what you earn ingame but the word grinding I'm no fan of tbh.
Division 2 will do away with DPS an have a more balanced game where nobody can moan about being melted by rogues. I think balanced game is the way to go imo. Can't wait see more info on this as now will be getting through shields until d2 comes out.