The final straw Dice/EA

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
Ok so I've defended BF4 to the hills when everyone has moaned and complained how broken and shit it was as a result, because I felt it wasn't that bad. The problems were blatant but not unplayable.

I have myself racked up 100-120 hours online and have absolutely loved every second. But tonight may have just put me off forever.

I've been playing with a friend all night and was enjoying myself a lot.
He left so I was left to play alone, I went to server browser and noticed new maps!
I navigated to one to see the price of the DLC with a possibility of purchasing. To replay Caspian and Metro on next gen would have been fantastic after all, I'm sure.
The map packs were inaccessible and labeled as 'NULL' in the store. So ok maybe I'm not playing tonight, sure enough that's absolutely fine.

However in my search for the platinum I do require a set amount ok kills with the M1911 pistol for a trophy. Imagine my delight when (as I haven't unlocked it yet due to lack of pistol use) I noticed the FREE handgun shortcut DLC.
Fantastic!
So I downloaded, and installed whilst in game and searched for a new game.

I didn't even equip the M1911 pre-match because I didn't even process that I had it, I was just eager to get another round in before bed.
Without checking my class I spawned not noticing that my gun wasn't the same model, no camo, different reticule. I was completely oblivious.

Until the point I 'unlocked' a rocket launcher...
But I've already completed the set?
So naturally, when I died I checked the class options.

EVERY single gun apart from the initial ones, every grenade, gadget, secondary was locked. As though I was level 1 and this was my first game on battlefield.
I paused, myself, nor any opponents or team-mates had their level alongside their name.
My battlelog won't connect so I can't check if I've been reset.
I back out, try again, same scenario.
I turn off the console, same scenario.
I'm sincerely hoping that the server just needs to catch up with itself and everything will be ok in the morning.
For now, I'm going to bed an INCREDIBLY angry and disappointed person.

tl;dr: downloaded handgun shortcut pack, progress in multiplayer completely wiped, no unlocks. Unsure if level has been effected.

Also inb4: hurrr durrr earn your handguns this is why you shouldn't take shortcuts lol

Fuck man I'm so disappointed in DICE/EA right now. I'll give this some time but if my shit isn't restored I am selling up and getting Ghosts.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
apparently, this has happened to a few people. or so i've read :/

im sure they'll get around to fixing it....unless it was a requirement of the DLC.

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
It seems absolutely unbelievable Fiji. I'll give it abit of time because I don't want to completely overreact but if this turns out to be a genuine, irreversible problem then I will wash my hands completely with this title.
I may wipe my ass with it too.

Edit: in reply to a condition of the DLC. I can't see it;
It doesn't make such consequences clear. (At least prestiging on cod you get like 3 warnings)
AND I don't even have any (except the first) handguns unlocked.
No clue.

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
[QUOTE="PS4THEWIN, post: 6304689]It's happened to me a few times... Usually fixes itself when I close the application and restart it.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned I did that, and restarted the console
Multiple times.
As also mentioned I'll try again in the morning and post an update here. It's entirely plausible after all that it's just playing catchup and will be fine given a short period of time.

Feb 25, 2013
New map packs are exclusive to premium members for 2 weeks at a guess maybe downloading the handgun shortcut has fucked up your level though as stated it did happen to quite a few this week but seems to be a temporary thing

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
Haha I mentioned this the other night lol. It seems to happen when you join a game via quick match, try server browse and your unlocks will be there.

The servers are just acting up lol, it's not the free hand gun/dmr packs that are causing it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 6304758]Haha I mentioned this the other night lol. It seems to happen when you join a game via quick match, try server browse and your unlocks will be there.

The servers are just acting up lol, it's not the free hand gun/dmr packs that are causing it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Things were perfect until it was downloaded, I mean I played in excess of like 10 games absolutely fine
Until I downloaded it, THEN I encountered problems.

Also I never ever ever search for a game via quick match, so it isn't that.

I'll tell you if it's sorted, but I literally woke up about a minute ago. I'm not going on the PS4 for about an hour; I'm doing my morning ritual of browsing the forums, reading the news etc whilst lying in bed atm :)

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
Ok an update, everything seems fine now.
False alarm I guess.
Having said that, at least if it happens to someone else they won't freak out like I did cause they know it will be alright haha
Sorry to waste your time chaps.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="LM-93, post: 6304874]Ok an update, everything seems fine now.
False alarm I guess.
Having said that, at least if it happens to someone else they won't freak out like I did cause they know it will be alright haha
Sorry to waste your time chaps.[/QUOTE]

OK then, now continue to give them 10 $ for a map:D

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
How can anyone defend EA/DICE?! im not a online gamer and i dont get he love for BF, but ive tried to play it online and its pretty unplayable as is fifa.....is this a EA thing? to have such shit servers?!

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6304892]How can anyone defend EA/DICE?! im not a online gamer and i dont get he love for BF, but ive tried to play it online and its pretty unplayable as is fifa.....is this a EA thing? to have such shit servers?![/QUOTE]
Yes, it is an EA thing, they are entirely unreliable.

[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6304884]OK then, now continue to give them 10 $ for a map:D[/QUOTE]

I was only browsing, I probably won't get the map pack.

Jan 13, 2007
[QUOTE="LM-93, post: 6304900]Yes, it is an EA thing, they are entirely unreliable.

I was only browsing, I probably won't get the map pack.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wouldn't either. I think it's free for everyone in two weeks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
[QUOTE="chrisw26308, post: 6304939]Yeah I wouldn't either. I think it's free for everyone in two weeks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Why would a map pack be free for everyone?

Jan 13, 2007
I read it wrong. Thought they were doing something nice for people for dealing with the shit that occasionally occurs with this game

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jul 13, 2005
This used to happen quite a few times in BF3. Sometimes some servers would glitch out and become unranked making everyone on the server a "level 0". The only way around it was to find a new server since your progress wouldn't be saved. Seemed to happen the most on sundays. Hell, there was a time when everyone had no stats EVERY sunday in BF:BC2. We used to call them "no stat sundays". I guess sundays aren't a good day for EA/DICE lol.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="OregonViking, post: 6305164]Sorry about that. Nothing worse then losing progress. Proud to say I've avoided all EA games so far...

Come play Warframe![/QUOTE]

bleh. can't get into that game.

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
[QUOTE="Admartian, post: 6305175]Well at least we know if this happens, not to panic. :snicker

Thanks anyway LM.[/QUOTE]

Haha you're welcome man.

For all those who went for the tl;dr option.
Well done, good choice!

SkarEffect

Superior Member
Jun 9, 2013
Georgia
www.gameority.com
This happened on my guest profile. All the unlocks are now locked, nothing would reset it. Closing out the game, log out of profile, turn off and back on. None of it was working. But if you go on my name, I still had all my unlocks.

LM-93

Elite Member
Aug 27, 2008
Cleethorpes
[QUOTE="-Shafty-, post: 6305236]cant believe you got to 120hrs without having the problem! :snicker[/QUOTE]

As I said I've had rarely any complaints in 120 hours it's been fairly ok tbh
Count myself lucky I guess
I'd hate that to be a regular occurrence for me.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
I have been manual searching all day because when you get the bug drop because nothing you do counts. Just sucks now because i get in games with really good players, or is that imagination and BF does not quick match sort based on skill?

Mar 11, 2006
Can't believe this thread is still going on. It isn't a bug. For whatever reason, EA has several official UNRANKED servers. It might be some guys just want to play without all the perks and gadgets. As more PS4 are sold and more BF4 sold, the RANKED servers are filled up more often and most of the time. The only servers available are these unranked servers so you start up and it seems like you are starting at the beginning. You don't have to restart the app, just keep quitting and eventually you get back on a ranked server and all your flair is back.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="Bligmerk, post: 6305314]Can't believe this thread is still going on. It isn't a bug. For whatever reason, EA has several official UNRANKED servers. It might be some guys just want to play without all the perks and gadgets. As more PS4 are sold and more BF4 sold, the RANKED servers are filled up more often and most of the time. The only servers available are these unranked servers so you start up and it seems like you are starting at the beginning. You don't have to restart the app, just keep quitting and eventually you get back on a ranked server and all your flair is back.[/QUOTE]

then explain how I can be in an "unranked" one and team mates/opponents have bigger weapons unlocked.

oh and explain this http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065225226312886/

Mar 19, 2006
Pacific NW
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 6305166]bleh. can't get into that game.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. They throw you into the ocean without teaching you how to swim. To start off, the first set of weapons is terrible & the beginning of the game is a legit grind without buying weapons. Not to mention the totally unexplained mod system. As soon as you build effective weapons & level up your frame to use the powers(On my Mag the pull ability sends them tumbling towards you so you can smash them melee style OR the crush ability has an AoE effect when I get caught in a crowd of 15 people it often saves my ass- they fly into the air slowly being crumpled into a tiny ball as their armor is crushed around them- I love it).

The weapon selection, level variety & color variety is awesome. Significant amount of rich end game content & long term playing time. On top of that the game is still being developed constantly adding new content, warframes, weapons & levels. I'd much rather support Digital Extremes the company that developed Unreal, Unreal Tournament & Bioshock than EA the company that constantly screws gamers. BLEH.

Last edited: