The final straw Dice/EA

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
[QUOTE="Admartian, post: 6305175]Well at least we know if this happens, not to panic. :snicker

Thanks anyway LM.[/QUOTE]

This thread is exactly the reason why I didn't panic and start one just like it when the same thing happened to me this afternoon! :D

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="OregonViking, post: 6305812]That makes sense. They throw you into the ocean without teaching you how to swim. To start off, the first set of weapons is terrible & the beginning of the game is a legit grind without buying weapons. Not to mention the totally unexplained mod system. As soon as you build effective weapons & level up your frame to use the powers(On my Mag the pull ability sends them tumbling towards you so you can smash them melee style OR the crush ability has an AoE effect when I get caught in a crowd of 15 people it often saves my ass- they fly into the air slowly being crumpled into a tiny ball as their armor is crushed around them- I love it).

The weapon selection, level variety & color variety is awesome. Significant amount of rich end game content & long term playing time. On top of that the game is still being developed constantly adding new content, warframes, weapons & levels. I'd much rather support Digital Extremes the company that developed Unreal, Unreal Tournament & Bioshock than EA the company that constantly screws gamers. BLEH.[/QUOTE]
i'll give it another try. what about the difficulty? is it going to get harder eventually? is there more to it than corridor crawling?

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
[QUOTE="Malt, post: 6305818]This thread is exactly the reason why I didn't panic and start one just like it when the same thing happened to me this afternoon! :D[/QUOTE]

..and it's just happened again.. :/

Mar 11, 2006
[QUOTE="Malt, post: 6305834]..and it's just happened again.. :/[/QUOTE]

The more people that get PS4's, the more people that are going to get Battlefield 4. All the ranked servers are filling up all the time, guess that means 64/24.

It occurs to me why this is causing so much panic with PS4 gamers. I believe Battlefield 4 is the first console game to have an almost full featured server browser comparable to what PC games have had for over a decade, so console gamers don't understand how server browsers work. It has also been a characteristic of DICE games since Battlefield 1942 that ranked servers will start getting full all the time (when the game is popular for about 2 years). Now there is a queue message if you use the server browser to find full sessions. Just customize the server browser only for ranked servers with empty slots and you won't see many. It's mainly Quick Match Conquest that is not going to find open slot servers, so it will look for unranked next, and that is what is starting to happen.

Strange thing is there are ranked servers that always have open slots and sometimes don't fill up during the match.

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
No, the strange thing is I've spend 130+ hours on this game since November the 29th and it's only ever happened to me today.. Twice.. Since I downloaded the handgun short cut.. :D

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 6305270]I have been manual searching all day because when you get the bug drop because nothing you do counts. Just sucks now because i get in games with really good players, or is that imagination and BF does not quick match sort based on skill?[/QUOTE]

I used quickmatch once in BF3 and it put me in a shitty server so not used it again, I prefer using a full browser it gives YOU more control over the games YOU want to play, low ping max players and so on.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 6305317]then explain how I can be in an "unranked" one and team mates/opponents have bigger weapons unlocked.

oh and explain this http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065225226312886/[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Bligmerk, post: 6305870]The more people that get PS4's, the more people that are going to get Battlefield 4. All the ranked servers are filling up all the time, guess that means 64/24.

It occurs to me why this is causing so much panic with PS4 gamers. I believe Battlefield 4 is the first console game to have an almost full featured server browser comparable to what PC games have had for over a decade, so console gamers don't understand how server browsers work. It has also been a characteristic of DICE games since Battlefield 1942 that ranked servers will start getting full all the time (when the game is popular for about 2 years). Now there is a queue message if you use the server browser to find full sessions. Just customize the server browser only for ranked servers with empty slots and you won't see many. It's mainly Quick Match Conquest that is not going to find open slot servers, so it will look for unranked next, and that is what is starting to happen.

Strange thing is there are ranked servers that always have open slots and sometimes don't fill up during the match.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for you to responed or you ignoring it because it proves what you are saying is wrong.

Jan 13, 2007
[QUOTE="Malt, post: 6305876]No, the strange thing is I've spend 130+ hours on this game since November the 29th and it's only ever happened to me today.. Twice.. Since I downloaded the handgun short cut.. :D[/QUOTE]

If this helps. It happened to me 3 times before I downloaded the handguns and none since. This was a few days ago.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

XSpike

Superior Member
Dec 2, 2005
That's pretty funny OP, it happened to everybody 2 days ago the stat servers were down and everybody had their first guns with attachments (for some reason) but no unlocks for weapons or vechiles. I had fun while nobody in the mini helicopter had lock on weapons, it was all machine guns :)

It happened a lot during the BC games, quite a lot less in BF3 n only once so far in BF4 that I know of.

As for the map packs, you got to be a premium member to have access to the maps (which will grunt you even more maps down the line) or wait 2 weeks and then you'd be able to buy those 4 new maps by itself.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
Definitely has nothing to do with the hand gun dmr dlc. I was the first to report this on the forums, soon after I switched to a Conquest server and all was well. After about 2-3 maps we went back to domination servers and everything was good again. It happens at random, I don't believe it's the influx of new players causing it. It's just EA servers fucking up

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

JDizzleNO1

Superior Member
May 15, 2011
where the sun don't shine
glad to hear it was fixed LM, i had my campaign playthrough wiped because of that stupid corrupt error, i was only two mission away from beating it on hard WHILE getting the points too. after that, my ps4 decided not to read the disc once. that was enough for me to get rid of the game. i miss it though, but i didn't want to take a chance of it fucking up my ps4. maybe if they put it free on PS plus i'll get it again

Kawaiius

Apprentice
Jan 11, 2007
Im still on the fence about getting Battlefield..i wanna get it but i dunno if it's still having massive bugs like i thought it did..i just cannot stand COD: Ghosts anymore...cannot stand it at all

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="Kawaiius, post: 6306128]Im still on the fence about getting Battlefield..i wanna get it but i dunno if it's still having massive bugs like i thought it did..i just cannot stand COD: Ghosts anymore...cannot stand it at all[/QUOTE]
the problems were getting less but they are back to being more now with the new expansion.

but less crashing lately though. however, more times my game just gets stuck at loading. so...

overall i can't leave BF because COD does not provide with the depth BF4 has.

BF3 is child's play compared to BF4. I might still get COD but as a secondary shooter.

Kawaiius

Apprentice
Jan 11, 2007
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 6306130]the problems were getting less but they are back to being more now with the new expansion.

but less crashing lately though. however, more times my game just gets stuck at loading. so...

overall i can't leave BF because COD does not provide with the depth BF4 has.

BF3 is child's play compared to BF4. I might still get COD but as a secondary shooter.[/QUOTE]

That's what im goona do for now...and if i like BF better im just goona trade cod in for Infamous lol

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
This always happen with DICE games, shedloads of bugs and issues that take ages to get fixed, BF3 they mostly fixed the bugs and stuff when they released the DLC packs. It is why I have not bought BF4 yet.