<The King of Fighters XII > XD

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[ame="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44056.html"]Gametrailers.com - The King of Fighters XII - Japanese Extended Character Trailer HD[/ame]

OMG!! Ralph Jones looks like the Incredible Hulk. :shock:

Instant day one purchase for me.

Welcome to HD, KOF!

All I need now is a new Samurai Showdown exactly like this.

Azu

Forum Sage
Mar 18, 2006
Oulu, Finland
Haven't really played that much KOFs in the past, but I'll support this just because it's a 2D fighting game. Everyone seems to be going 3D nowadays (even Street Fighter IV), so I'll support any dev that actually keeps 2D alive, especially when it's a great franchise like KOF.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="Gran Patron', post: 0]Man, this was one of the games I always played at the arcades. Will defenitely give a shot later on when it comes out. Kim and Robert where my 2 favs on the KOF series.[/quote]

A man of good tastes. Kim and Robert are two of my favorites as well.

B

Bakudannar

No King, Mai Shiranui and Yuri Sakazaki? There goes my women's team lol. Hopefully they'll be included as the release date draws near.

Jun 29, 2008
:shock: This game looks REALLY nice, I've never heard of KOF before. If the gameplay feels good like Street Fighter, then this is a day one purchase for me.

:shock: HD :shock: *drools*

HellsJester

Master Sage
Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
Graphics/artstyle look better than Street Fighter 4 but then again i think Street Fighter 3 looks better than Street Fighter 4.
Never played a KoF game before so if there is a demo i will try it and if not i will give it a rent.

Apr 25, 2007
Eugene, OR
i remember playing this on ps1 and i loved it, at a glance it looks like a street fighter wannabe but when you play it you find out it really has a style and feel all its own, day one buy.

A

Anbu_Evolution

Hell yeah! Forget Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Caliber etc etc.....This is my ..ish right here!!!!!!!

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
It's a shame king is not in that one. I am particularly deadly with her. I love Street fighter and all but really. The two franchises cannot be compared. KOF is of a higher technical level. It takes more skill to go up against the masters. I find that after going up against the masters of KOF and then going back to playing peeps on SF, the challengers just seem easier.

In KOF at least you work harder at canceling opponents moves and getting the upperhand. I tend to realize that SF players ten to exploit the magic moments. Seconds of invincibility or pass throughs that make no sense visually but you just have to play the game long enough to they are there.

Nov 26, 2007
:shock:

I can honestly say that if this and SFIV launched on the same day and I only had $60, I'd get KOF XII in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even think twice about it...

King of Fighters >>>> Street Fighter

ManaBurnX

Shogun of the Ban Thread
Apr 6, 2008
I've always thought this game was ok but my friend will be orgasmic when he sees this game. he still plays the very old version in the arcades over here.

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Staticneuron, post: 0]It's a shame king is not in that one. I am particularly deadly with her. I love Street fighter and all but really. The two franchises cannot be compared. KOF is of a higher technical level. It takes more skill to go up against the masters. I find that after going up against the masters of KOF and then going back to playing peeps on SF, the challengers just seem easier.

In KOF at least you work harder at canceling opponents moves and getting the upperhand. I tend to realize that SF players ten to exploit the magic moments. Seconds of invincibility or pass throughs that make no sense visually but you just have to play the game long enough to they are there.[/quote]
You work equally hard for super cancels but with KOF its really important to know poke strings that connect to supers and in some cases dream cancels (like those in 11). Magic moments ie invincibility frames with super start ups for priority is in every game so thats nothing new (new people who play SF/KOF always love to fish for openings because fightings have that..all of them.

One thing I do like seeing in high level KOF play is the continous cross ups with short hops as you can see in the major SBO tournaments in Japan and how god like Gato is since every team pretty much composed of that and Kula (and another member of player choice).

[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 0]Graphics/artstyle look better than Street Fighter 4 but then again i think Street Fighter 3 looks better than Street Fighter 4.
Never played a KoF game before so if there is a demo i will try it and if not i will give it a rent.[/quote]
3rd strike was stunningly fluid and the animations for supers was ahead of its time. SFIV too a different step with that by taking two concepts of fighting games and putting them together.

[QUOTE="Bakudannar, post: 0]No King, Mai Shiranui and Yuri Sakazaki? There goes my women's team lol. Hopefully they'll be included as the release date draws near.[/quote]
Yeah where my beast of prey K' also? lol

[QUOTE="Azu, post: 0]Haven't really played that much KOFs in the past, but I'll support this just because it's a 2D fighting game. Everyone seems to be going 3D nowadays (even Street Fighter IV), so I'll support any dev that actually keeps 2D alive, especially when it's a great franchise like KOF.[/quote]
SNK playmore and Arc systems are about the two main players keeping 2D alive besides Capcom.

kyokei

Apprentice
Feb 12, 2007
Time to get my Terry/K'/Athena team thing going again.
I played Kof 95, 97, 98, 99 and XI to death. Didnt play 94 because i didnt know about it at the time, hated 96 and went off the game from 00 - 03 only getting back into it with XI which felt refreshing.

Aztec Warrior

Superior Member
Oct 6, 2006
[QUOTE="Fernando9, post: 0]I only played with KOF character in CAPCOMvsSNK so I dont see myself buying it I'll get Street Fighter IV & TEKEN VI[/quote]
I feel the same way. Even though my favorite fighting game is Capcom vs SNK 2, playing a game with only SNK characters is nowhere near as enjoyable for me. Still, this seems to be a great year for fans of the genre with the releases of SF IV, TEKKEN 6, KOF XII, and possibly Blaz Blue.

Zabuza

Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2008
US
Terry and Iori all the way.

[QUOTE="Bakudannar, post: 0]No King, Mai Shiranui and Yuri Sakazaki? There goes my women's team lol. Hopefully they'll be included as the release date draws near.[/quote]

They'll definitely get added at some point. Only 2 girls in a KOF game seems unnatural. That video doesn't even show Kensou, Joe and some others who were confirmed.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
[QUOTE="GigpigBoogie, post: 0]instant one day purchase, couldnt turn it down, always preferred it over street fighter.[/quote]

Yea, Street Fighter 4 looks way too goofy and it is more of a mainstream game than KOF.

I'm sure the video didn't show the entire line up of characters. This is King of Fighters and you know how they pack characters in. :smile:

Nov 26, 2007
[QUOTE="Zabuza, post: 0]Terry and Iori all the way.

They'll definitely get added at some point. Only 2 girls in a KOF game seems unnatural. That video doesn't even show Kensou, Joe and some others who were confirmed.[/quote]
Truth. Old school Terry and Iori in his spiffy new white pants...

It will be very weird playing a KOF game without Mai Shiranui.

Terry Bogard would kick Ryu's *** in...

Aztec Warrior

Superior Member
Oct 6, 2006
Damn it. I'll probably end up getting it. I'm itching for an HD 2d fighter.

@We are ninja

Terry Bogard doesn't stand a chance when I use Ryu in CVS 2. ;)