<The King of Fighters XII > XD

Oct 25, 2008
Getting that on day one!!! and street fighter 4 .. and tekken 6 lol that cant be all of characters surely? is it even out yet ? maybe extra for console like capcom done with street fighter 4.

lloyd_yayo

Superior Member
May 30, 2008
i like capcom vs snk1 and 2, however not so fond of snk vs capcom, so i have a feeling i wont like this, though i love fighting games. but streetfighter 4 will have %40 of my gaming time this year.the other %40 is for Resident evil 5, and then the other %20 is warhawk that im addicted to.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="Uncool, post: 0]You work equally hard for super cancels but with KOF its really important to know poke strings that connect to supers and in some cases dream cancels (like those in 11). Magic moments ie invincibility frames with super start ups for priority is in every game so thats nothing new (new people who play SF/KOF always love to fish for openings because fightings have that..all of them.

One thing I do like seeing in high level KOF play is the continous cross ups with short hops as you can see in the major SBO tournaments in Japan and how god like Gato is since every team pretty much composed of that and Kula (and another member of player choice).

3rd strike was stunningly fluid and the animations for supers was ahead of its time. SFIV too a different step with that by taking two concepts of fighting games and putting them together.

Yeah where my beast of prey K' also? lol

SNK playmore and Arc systems are about the two main players keeping 2D alive besides Capcom.[/quote]

Well, invincibility frames are not in every game really. Invincibility frames are normally there by accident. Moves with grace periods in them are a completely different subject.

But all in all I love both games but just as you said the string combos an dream cancels are just a sight to behold.

Nov 26, 2007
[QUOTE="Aztec Warrior, post: 0]@We are ninja

Terry Bogard doesn't stand a chance when I use Ryu in CVS 2. ;)[/quote]
You speak lies. Lies, I say.

KOF has been overdue for a overhaul for years and years. I may take off work when this is released.

Jul 6, 2007
Day freaking 0. This game is going to be the bomb! Been playing all the King of Fighters on a MAME emulator and I cannot wait for this! KoF > SF any damn day of the week.

L0ST

Superior Member
Nov 29, 2006
hell yea I know this game is gonna rock,

i honestly feel this is the way street fighter 4 should of went,
they just should of stuck to its roots of 2D and just upgrade
the visuals like this KOF game.

I cant wait to play this in arcade along with the other classics
I still play in the arcade, xvsf,mvsf, mvc, mvc2.

I work in a mall so on break sometimes i just goto the arcade it has:)

A

Aerial Life

[QUOTE="Bakudannar, post: 0]No King, Mai Shiranui and Yuri Sakazaki? There goes my women's team lol. Hopefully they'll be included as the release date draws near.[/quote]

Same here, thats my team, I hope they add characters before N/A release.

C

CSUPSU

[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 0]Joe is there.

HERE IS THE ARCADE ROSTER
More might be added in console version

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xii/character/index.html[/quote]
Kensou looks bad *** for once?!...unbelievable...maybe he's been fishing through Bo's wardrobe?...

Anyways, I'm pissed that that fagboy Ash and wack *** Chin is in the game with no K9999, Chris, Angel, Kula, or Chizuru in sight...but I'm undefeated with Kyo+Benimaru+anyone else I see fit...

The only decent entry from the 2003 hero team is, has, and always will be Shen...

C

CSUPSU

[QUOTE="Kauldron, post: 0]Awww man where is shino, I love that goof ball. Shino Kiiiiiiick![/quote]
You mean Shingo, right?...

...and yeah, I didn't like him at first, but he actually turned out to be one of my faves as the franchise went on...

HellsJester

Master Sage
Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 0]20chars is not that much....

but i might give KOF a try this time around... somehow i managed to avoid this series all these years ;)[/quote]

Read my post again.
That is the arcade roster.
They could add more on console version and there is always DLC..
Oh and 20 is plenty.
BlazBlue only has 10 just like the 1st Guilty Gear did and every sequel they add more.