The Last Of Us Part 2 Next-Gen Upgrade Reportedly On The Way

NoUseMercenary

Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
The Last Of Us Part 2 Next-Gen Upgrade Reportedly On The Way
Source

Retail giant Best Buy has claimed that The Last of Us Part 2 is receiving a next-generation upgrade, or in other words, it’s coming to PS5. Developer Naughty Dog hasn’t confirmed anything yet, so take this with a pinch of salt right now.

The Best Buy listing for the game mentions ‘Includes next-gen upgrade,’ which either means they know something we don’t, or it’s just a mistake on their part. Obviously you can play The Last of Part 2 on the PS5 now thanks to backwards compatibility, but if there is a proper upgrade in store, then that’s quite an exciting prospect.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
This is good news for me if it's true. A free patch/upgrade for those people who has already purchased the PS4 version would be the best way to go, imo. But for people like me who hasn't got this game yet, a PS5 version would be ok too.

Jun 4, 2007
This game looks so amazing that it's hard for me to imagine what they would do for the remaster outside of 4k 60fps. It has a certain art style that goes a long way. The lighting looked great too. ND characters and enemies goes above what's standard for video games. From the facial animations to flesh wounds and knives ripping open clothing.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
This game looks so amazing that it's hard for me to imagine what they would do for the remaster outside of 4k 60fps. It has a certain art style that goes a long way. The lighting looked great too. ND characters and enemies goes above what's standard for video games. From the facial animations to flesh wounds and knives ripping open clothing.
Yeah, if it's not just a greedy plan to sell the game again, it would definitely be enough with a patch that unlocked the framerate and resolution. The game looks really good as it is right now. ND is among the best in the business when it comes to attention to detail.