The Lord of The Rings Blu-ray Extended Editions Releases on June 28th

ex nihilo7

Master Poster
Nov 13, 2006
The date for this snuck up on me. I didn't see this posted so I thought I would let everyone know.

[h=2]The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Blu-ray Review[/h]
[h=3]"The fate of the world will now be decided..."[/h]
Reviewed by Kenneth Brown, June 17, 2011

Fans have long clamored for an Extended Edition Blu-ray release of director Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, and some even cried foul when 2010 only brought the theatrical cuts to high definition. Doomsayers and cynics were convinced Jackson's expanded trilogy wouldn't arrive on Blu-ray for another two or three years, when The Hobbit was readying its march into theaters. But here they are, just a year later, in all their extended, high definition glory. Rather than posting one massive, all-encompassing, unavoidably overwhelming review of the Extended Edition box set of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, though, I've divided my lengthy analysis into four separate reviews:

Simply click on the individual links above to access each review. Suffice it to say, with so much ground to cover, there simply isn't a more efficient and thorough way to cover the full 15-disc Extended Edition release. So, without further ado, onto the box set...
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Motion-Picture-Trilogy-Blu-ray/12237/#Review

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1263340982&pf_rd_i=507846

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
Thanks for the heads up. I would love to get this. I have the dvd extended versions of Fellowship and Two Towers. Never got Return of the King. Love the extended editions, almost 4 hours of awesomeness.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
Day one for me as well.

From what I've heard, the quality is fantastic. There was some controversy regarding a green tint for Fellowship, but it was supposedly blown out of proportion.

These are being shown in theaters as well. Fellowship was already shown this past Tuesday. I kinda wanted to see it since I never saw it in theaters (even though it's my favorite one), but oh well.