The Lore of Destiny

Jan 9, 2014
Wales
www.twitter.com
Anyone able to fill me in about the lore in Destiny, whether there is any real background to the universe? I understand it has our Earth and solar system etc, just wondering if anyone thinks it goes deep from playing the beta.

Sort of struggle to get into games where the gameworld/set up doesn't seem very believable or is simply uninteresting.

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
[QUOTE="welshboymick, post: 6361972]Thanks for the link to the wiki, didn't think there'd be one up yet.

I'm interested in seeing how earth collapsed, I hope we're not revealed the whole story and it's kept mysterious.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I don't think Bungie is going to let the cat out of the bag. I bet they already have this planned out and game 3 or 4 will be a 'Destiny: Coming of the Darkness' (Damn I better trademark that title now ;-) )

Malt

Superior Member
Oct 29, 2013
Darkest Wales
[QUOTE="Omar, post: 6362229]Lore? lol what are you, british? oh wait[/QUOTE]

Yes Lore, as in 'Folklore', not the malevolent android brother of Star Trek's commander Data.. We already taught you lot the lingo once, want a recap seeing as you've screwed it all up for yourselves? :p

Meanwhile, back on topic.. :p

Really liking what I've seen from the story side of this so far, kind of has that epic kind of feel to it..

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
There's 10 years of story in this if I know Bungie. Completing the first game will make you think you understand loads about the lore, but then when the second story kicks in you'll realise you've only just scraped the surface. That's the way Bungie roll.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Malt, post: 6362399]Yes Lore, as in 'Folklore', not the malevolent android brother of Star Trek's commander Data.. We already taught you lot the lingo once, want a recap seeing as you've screwed it all up for yourselves? :p

Meanwhile, back on topic.. :p

Really liking what I've seen from the story side of this so far, kind of has that epic kind of feel to it..[/QUOTE]

Says the Welsh man. :snicker

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
@Malt, look, it's been a while right lol. but i just want you to recognize that once you guys left the indian continent, instead of being spiteful, we made English the official second language (even though no one is born with this as their mother tongue), we made tea our national drink and made pantaloons the official professional way to dress. that's how nice we are.