The Manchester United Thread

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Well i'd assume "Stevie G" would be your choice of captain, what would make him better? he's hardly whiter than white like the media make him out to be.[/quote]
No he wouldn't actually I would have either Terry or Barry as captain and all I can say is that Gerrard is not a lying drug user, a disgrace to the game and young immpresionable football players.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]No he wouldn't actually I would have either Terry or Barry as captain and all I can say is that Gerrard is not a lying drug user, a disgrace to the game and young immpresionable football players.[/quote]

Their is talk going around that Capello is keeping good tabs on Barry and I think he will be the next captain.

Fernando9

Superior Member
Dec 25, 2007
Dubai
is the C.Ronaldo the icon of United in the current time?
Jose Bosingwa's agent has dismissed rumours the Porto right-back has agreed terms with Manchester United. The 25-year-old Portugal international has been linked with a move to Old Trafford in the English press, but Rui Neno insists nothing has been agreed.
"There is not any sort of agreement with Manchester United," he told PA Sport. Neno claims no club has yet matched Porto's valuation of the player but reckons Bosingwa could be interested in a move.
"If any club bid the 30 million euros set by the club, I believe there might be agreement," he said.
Daily Star

Nov 14, 2007
www.clubcaptain.co.uk
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]I have been to Manchester quite a few times(unfortunatly) and you will be hard pushed to find many Man United fans there, most support City. Most of the Prawn Sandwich firm come from Essex.
Micah Richards would walk into United ahead of Wes Brown.[/quote]

Shows how much you know about where I live doesn't it. United have more fans in Manchester than city and far more globally. All that means is that a higher percentage of their fanbase is local than ours, not that they have more fans than us in Manchester. If they've got so many hundreds of thousands of local fans why can they only sell out their ground when we play them?

[QUOTE="Fernando9, post: 0]but he doesnt do anything against big team, he just play good against team like Portsmouth[/quote]

Erm, like Torres has done? How many did Torres score against the big four this year?

Fernando9

Superior Member
Dec 25, 2007
Dubai
[QUOTE="UnitedRoadRed, post: 0]Shows how much you know about where I live doesn't it. United have more fans in Manchester than city and far more globally. All that means is that a higher percentage of their fanbase is local than ours, not that they have more fans than us in Manchester. If they've got so many hundreds of thousands of local fans why can they only sell out their ground when we play them?

Erm, like Torres has done? How many did Torres score against the big four this year?[/QUOTE]

Ronaldo is the 3rd on the world and most of united fans were crying and complaining that he is much better than Messi while he is not. and Torres play in different position but his level doesnt change from match to another like Ronaldo who didnt touch the ball infront of Barcelona while Torres cost barca the league last year

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Danny2304, post: 0]Of course he is they would be lower in the league now if he didn't play for them[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Fernando9, post: 0]but he doesnt do anything against big team, he just play good against team like Portsmouth[/QUOTE]

Your 4th in the league and Torres has scored.. what? over 30 goals this season. Practically sais everything that does.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
It's the fact you criticize a player like him yet perhaps you should look a little closer to home before doing so. Torres has been in Ferdinand's back pocket against us.

By the way completely off topic but... what's with your avatar. I thought you were a Liverpool fan or am i just not getting it lol.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Liverpool and Barcelona?... nightcrawler may be foreign but at least he only supports the one team.

Fernando9

Superior Member
Dec 25, 2007
Dubai
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Liverpool and Barcelona?... nightcrawler may be foreign but at least he only supports the one team.[/QUOTE]
Y is it wrong to support 2 team I like Barcelona since 1996 also they aren't in the same league.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
[QUOTE="Fernando9, post: 0]Y is it wrong to support 2 team I like Barcelona since 1996 also they aren't in the same league.[/quote]

I supportish (if that's a word 2 teams too) Well one I adore and love and watched them forever and ever (21 years now) season ticket holder for most and been to loads of away games from your Port Vales to Carlisle to well everybody. (even got the tattoo)

Brought up to watch football not just on a TV so which was AFCB but premier league was Liverpool cos family from up north and the way they use too and still now play good football (they pass the ball) cough cough CHELSEA.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]It's the fact you criticize a player like him yet perhaps you should look a little closer to home before doing so. Torres has been in Ferdinand's and Vidic's back pocket against us.

By the way completely off topic but... what's with your avatar. I thought you were a Liverpool fan or am i just not getting it lol.[/quote]
Torres has scored 3 goals against the other top 3 this season from 7 full games not a bad return for a lone striker in his first season in the Premier league and champions league, clearly better than cry baby Ronaldos ratio. (Don't argue and try to include penalties).

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
I'm not, and i don't argue any ratio. Torres is a striker so you have to expect his ratio would be better, you seem to forget Ronaldo is primarily a winger even if he is given a free role.

Nov 14, 2007
www.clubcaptain.co.uk
[QUOTE="Fernando9, post: 0]Ronaldo is the 3rd on the world and most of united fans were crying and complaining that he is much better than Messi while he is not. and Torres play in different position but his level doesnt change from match to another like Ronaldo who didnt touch the ball infront of Barcelona while Torres cost barca the league last year[/quote]

He's not "much" better than Messi. He's a different style of player, far more direct and 40 goals this season demonstrates that. Messi looked really good against

Torres' level doesn't change? Why can he bang them in against Derby but not against United? Oh, that will be because he found his level. :cool:

Torres cost barca the league last year; Ronaldo has cost virtually everyone else the league this year. :mrgreen:

Ronaldo, not a big game player eh? Yet he played a lead role in United destroying Roma 7-1, played well against the big four for the most part this season, scored the winner against Lyon, scored the first over in Rome (didn't play in the return) and scored two in a tough match in Kiev.

Ah well, could be your year next year. ;)

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="UnitedRoadRed, post: 0]He's not "much" better than Messi. He's a different style of player, far more direct and 40 goals this season demonstrates that. Messi looked really good against

Torres' level doesn't change? Why can he bang them in against Derby but not against United? Oh, that will be because he found his level. :cool:

Torres cost barca the league last year; Ronaldo has cost virtually everyone else the league this year. :mrgreen:

Ronaldo, not a big game player eh? Yet he played a lead role in United destroying Roma 7-1, played well against the big four for the most part this season, scored the winner against Lyon, scored the first over in Rome (didn't play in the return) and scored two in a tough match in Kiev.

Ah well, could be your year next year. ;)[/quote]
I would take Messi over Ronaldo any day, he does alot more for the team, where as Ronaldo is in it for himself.
This really pisses me off, Torres has scored against Chelsea, Arsenal and Inter Milan this season(his first season) hardly poor teams and just because he has not scored against United in 2 games where he has been double or tripled marked, suddenly hes no good?....

Feb 20, 2008
smouch.net
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]I would take Messi over Ronaldo any day,he does alot more for the team, where as Ronaldo is in it for himself.
[/quote]

ROFLMAOSHTALBOWCO, great job, have you considered stand up?

The simple facts are that Ronaldo has scored more goals, as well as scoring a few screamers.

Also, since when was he in it for himself, he's a very talented striker, but when he plays as a winger he's often sending in amazing crosses, whilst still running past the defence!

[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]
This really pisses me off, Torres has scored against Chelsea, Arsenal and Inter Milan this season(his first season) hardly poor teams and just because he has not scored against United in 2 games where he has been double or tripled marked, suddenly hes no good?....[/quote]
Yep.

That's about it.

When you're a great striker (Which there's no doubt he is) you will be double marked, maybe even triple marked in important games, the point is, every striker worth his salt will have two defenders on him, Ronaldo has had two+ defenders on him all season, yet he still scores.

Good attackers will have 2 Defenders on them. Great attackers will have two defenders 20 yards behind them.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Sam_From_Space, post: 0]ROFLMAOSHTALBOWCO, great job, have you considered stand up?

The simple facts are that Ronaldo has scored more goals, as well as scoring a few screamers.

Also, since when was he in it for himself, he's a very talented striker, but when he plays as a winger he's often sending in amazing crosses, whilst still running past the defence!

Yep.

That's about it.

When you're a great striker (Which there's no doubt he is) you will be double marked, maybe even triple marked in important games, the point is, every striker worth his salt will have two defenders on him, Ronaldo has had two+ defenders on him all season, yet he still scores.

Good attackers will have 2 Defenders on them. Great attackers will have two defenders 20 yards behind them.[/quote]
ROFL been a good player is not all about how many goals you score. It is my opinion that I would prefer Messi over Ronaldo, for a start hes younger and I think he will be a better player than Ronaldo in the future. Plus Messi would a better role model not spending half the game on the floor crying for a free kick. Don't speak to me like I'm thick either please, I know my football.

Nov 14, 2007
www.clubcaptain.co.uk
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]ROFL been a good player is not all about how many goals you score. It is my opinion that I would prefer Messi over Ronaldo, for a start hes younger and I think he will be a better player than Ronaldo in the future. Plus Messi would a better role model not spending half the game on the floor crying for a free kick. Don't speak to me like I'm thick either please, I know my football.[/quote]

Ronaldo is one of the most fouled players in the Premier League. Fact. So he's not crying about free kicks, he's being fouled and getting awarded free kicks.

You'd rather have Messi over Ronaldo, that's fine. We've got one, you've got neither. Soon as Fergie sorts out a striker for next season, we should get even more out of Cristiano. Just need Nani to grow up and mature his game like his compatriot has now. :-D

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
[QUOTE="UnitedRoadRed, post: 0]Ronaldo is one of the most fouled players in the Premier League. Fact. So he's not crying about free kicks, he's being fouled and getting awarded free kicks.

You'd rather have Messi over Ronaldo, that's fine. We've got one, you've got neither. Soon as Fergie sorts out a striker for next season, we should get even more out of Cristiano. Just need Nani to grow up and mature his game like his compatriot has now. :-D[/quote]

It's a matter of an opinion and not just because he is a United player, He does cheat and fall over and whine about it just like Drogba, other players do it too but them 2 a lot more than others.

If I had to choose out of them 2 I'd pick Messi too, offer Nani and Ronaldo, I'd still pick Messi he is a genius and a young genius not someone who pretends he got hit....what an embarrassment eh.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
I think, that at the moment Ronaldo is the better overall player. BUT Messi is the best dribbler of the ball I have ever seen, the ball is practically stuck to his foot.

Talking about strikers, the most realistic one for us would be Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, and i would love to see him in a United shirt. The thing we have been lacking this season is a striker that can stick the ball in the net no matter the circumstances, we've got pace, skill etc etc but sometimes we just lack the skills of a predator. Of course living in dream land we would get Benzema, he will cost around 30 mill though cos Lyon love to scank teams.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="UnitedRoadRed, post: 0]Ronaldo is one of the most fouled players in the Premier League. Fact. So he's not crying about free kicks, he's being fouled and getting awarded free kicks.

You'd rather have Messi over Ronaldo, that's fine. We've got one, you've got neither. Soon as Fergie sorts out a striker for next season, we should get even more out of Cristiano. Just need Nani to grow up and mature his game like his compatriot has now. :-D[/quote]
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Maybe he is but he's still a diving whinging cheat and if you deny that you are a fool...

Feb 20, 2008
smouch.net
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]ROFL been a good player is not all about how many goals you score. It is my opinion that I would prefer Messi over Ronaldo, for a start hes younger and I think he will be a better player than Ronaldo in the future. Plus Messi would a better role model not spending half the game on the floor crying for a free kick. Don't speak to me like I'm thick either please, I know my football.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're thick. Just a little bit ignorant.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]:lol::lol::lol::lol: Maybe he is but he's still a diving whinging cheat and if you deny that you are a fool...[/QUOTE]

Torres has been diving all season, why isn't this mentioned?. Examples would be diving to get Materazzi sent off in the CL.

Jan 16, 2008
Yep, Messi was just amazing in the CL semi final wasn't he?! He's the most predictable player ever, just gets the ball and cuts inside. So easy to stop for decent defenders like Rio and Wesley. Ronaldo on the other hand can do anything with the ball, and there's not much you can do to stop him in an open game. There is for me no debate as to who the best footballer in the world at the moment is. I don't agree with the diving either, but it doesn't make him a better or a worse player, just maybe a bit of a ****!

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Torres has been diving all season, why isn't this mentioned?. Examples would be diving to get Materazzi sent off in the CL.[/quote]
Typical Manc but.. but.. but.. Torres dived once as well... Pathetic why steer the conversation onto another player to protect Ronaldo.:lol:

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="deanosrs, post: 0]Yep, Messi was just amazing in the CL semi final wasn't he?! He's the most predictable player ever, just gets the ball and cuts inside. So easy to stop for decent defenders like Rio and Wesley. Ronaldo on the other hand can do anything with the ball, and there's not much you can do to stop him in an open game. There is for me no debate as to who the best footballer in the world at the moment is. I don't agree with the diving either, but it doesn't make him a better or a worse player, just maybe a bit of a ****![/quote]
Sorry mate after that bit I can't take you seriously:rolleyes::lol: