The Manchester United Thread

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Don't get me wrong, I would prefer Benzema too because I think he would slot better into our style of play, but like you said Lyon always put ridiculous prices on their players, and spending that much money on a kid is ridiculous. Huntelaar would be a great option for us but like you said as long as we don't completely revert to were we just relied on him for goals, though this season we have relied heavily on Ronaldo a bit, but this is because we lack a clinical finisher. A striker is meant to be relied on to score goals it's what they are there for, as long as it's not totally on that striker.

I mean, it's not like Van Nistelrooy was ever slow and Huntelaar has much more mobility than him, he can play both left foot and right foot and he can score from practically anything. The most interesting thing was when he turned professional he wasn't even a striker then, only when he joined Schalke did they start playing him upfront and now look at him, he's banging em in for fun :lol:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbi0RnFkeHo

Look at that video, Van Nistelrooy shows there he was hardly slow, he just seemed to never use his pace that much.

On a side note check out this vid of Huntelaar :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIIGScglFCE

One thing buying a Huntelaar/Benzema type striker would benefit with us is though, is that Rooney and Tevez would both be able to play behind the target man striker which is both their best positions.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
Remember Dirk Kuyt used to score 30+ goals in the dutch league and look at him now, he only seems to score in the big games. I would be wary of any striker from the dutch league including Huntelaar.

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
I never rated Kuyt thathighly.I mean, when he became available, I was never excited enough to go 'wish United would get him'. Hard worker and all, but well...

Huntelaar, judging from that videomontage.. There IS somthing about the lad... Suddenly 16 million seems good value for money.... (Heck, Carrick for 18 million?)

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Remember Dirk Kuyt used to score 30+ goals in the dutch league and look at him now, he only seems to score in the big games. I would be wary of any striker from the dutch league including Huntelaar.[/QUOTE]

He's more of a van Nistelrooy type player though, and look how he turned out..

Besides Kuyt went to Liverpool, he didn't stand a chance ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQbNneMKzsU&feature=related

Huntelaar's bicycle kicks are class :D.

Fernando9

Superior Member
Dec 25, 2007
Dubai
I dont know why always when we start a discussion or comparison between 2 players and C.Ronaldo is part of it the subject changes to divers________ well ok since u want to celebrate winning the PL this way enjoy your time watching this ;)

dive here

top ten dives in 2006.............. dive here

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
*urgh* Any discussion about United turns to Cristiano Ronaldo and diving. Let's talk about how many 'Ronaldo Rockets' he's scored this year :D

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/S3GlBniGuxw&hl=en[/embed]

Class.

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/s0fVNr3Phxc&hl=en[/embed]

Comedy!

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/D8ChP4MEpVM&hl=en[/embed]

:D

Fernando9

Superior Member
Dec 25, 2007
Dubai
[QUOTE="Artanoma, post: 0]*urgh* Any discussion about United turns to Cristiano Ronaldo and diving. Let's talk about how many 'Ronaldo Rockets' he's scored this year :D

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/S3GlBniGuxw&hl=en[/embed]

Class.

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/s0fVNr3Phxc&hl=en[/embed]

Comedy!

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/D8ChP4MEpVM&hl=en[/embed]

:D[/QUOTE]

"Rocket no its joke" lol.... nice name and goal by ronaldo I wud like to see his interview after the match against portsmouth, I think Ronaldo took Morinhio's place by making interviews with funny comments I hate him when he dive I like how he play and I hate him when he score against Liverpool... is Ronaldo going to be the 1st player from the EPL to win the golden ball cuz I dont remember anyone won it from there Henry was second with Arsenal Lampard was second too.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Since 1956 only 5 people playing in an English league have won it.

Stanley Matthews of Blackpool in '56
Denis Law of Manchester United in '64
Bobby Charlton of Manchester United in '66
George Best of Manchester United in '68

Only 1 person has one it since the Premiership started in the early nineties

Michael Owen of Liverpool in '01

Weird to think he won it because i never thought he was that good lol. Oh Kevin Keegan did win it twice but he was playing for Hamburger at the time, when he played for Pool he only came second.

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED! GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!

Champions of the Barclays Premier League, 2007/2008!

Congratulations to Sir Alex Ferguson and the lads. Roll on Moscow!

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
CHAMPIONS! CHAMPIONS! WOO!!

Congrats to all the lads etc. Sad to see Pique and Kuzczak go up without getting a medal though.

Just as interested was City getting beat 8-1 and the fights that broke out after, can't wait to see that on MOTD tonight :lol:.

Fernando9

Superior Member
Dec 25, 2007
Dubai
This is for Ryan Giggs the one and only favorite player for me in Man Utd nice 2 see him scoring United last goal in the PL this season I hope to see him lifting up the CL cup too even though I hate United but I hate Chelsea as well but I want Chelsea 2 stay with N0 European Stars.

giggs_best_winger.mp4 - 7.63MB

Fernando9

Superior Member
Dec 25, 2007
Dubai
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]After this post my opinions on your loyalty to LFC have gone down the drain. :shock: :?[/QUOTE]
Y giggs is a good player and we are still got 5 stars they wont catch us this just but the cl final is have ****s in both sides and I wand the red n white **** to win so Ronaldo wud win the golden ball then you'll see Fergie doing the same thing he did for Beckham and Nistlroy cuz Ronaldo's level will drop down just like Ronaldhino
and am 100% loyal to my club Scouse, also am sure that if Ronaldo was playing for Liverpool u wont say anything about his dives and u we wont hate him.

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
With all due respect, that's just trying to dampen our enthusiasm for winning another title. That's ten in 14 years now (=

@Fernando9, I dont knwo how you can come up with such a scientific appraisal of Fergie's managerial skills, by basing what he would do with a potential Golden Ball winner as opposed to what he did with two players who had

1. Created unrest and uncertainty in the dressing room
2. Started having ideas above their station.

I cannot begin to speculate what '***s' means, but to post that in here is just asking for trouble. Leave us to celebrate for the next week or so. And hopefully, to resume those celebrations in 10 days time.

@ Phaded : Blimey, seeing the Citeh getting hammered and the look on Sven's face after the game which pretty much said 'That's it, I'm off'. Priceless!

It's hilarious enough that the pool have their own mad owners, now City have another impatient dictator at the helm too! LoL!

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
You're having a laugh mate. (=

The latest word on the final is that both Terry and Drogba will make it, although in what fitness condition, I have no idea.

Fernando9

Superior Member
Dec 25, 2007
Dubai
[QUOTE="Artanoma, post: 0]You're having a laugh mate. (=

The latest word on the final is that both Terry and Drogba will make it, although in what fitness condition, I have no idea.[/QUOTE]
do you support chelsea or man united?:confused:?

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
Man united, but Chelsea team news is relevant to United. So i put it here.

IN any case, United will have a full strength team to pick from, and I just can;t waiiiittttt!

Nov 14, 2007
www.clubcaptain.co.uk
[QUOTE="stoneyps3, post: 0]It's a matter of an opinion and not just because he is a United player, He does cheat and fall over and whine about it just like Drogba, other players do it too but them 2 a lot more than others.

If I had to choose out of them 2 I'd pick Messi too, offer Nani and Ronaldo, I'd still pick Messi he is a genius and a young genius not someone who pretends he got hit....what an embarrassment eh.[/quote]

Let's be clear on something here. Ronaldo used to dive a hell of a lot, but he's got cleverer; he's now making the most of contact because there is no specification about the degree of contact when awarding a foul. Nani's a worse diver than Ronaldo, but he's fresh out of the Portuguese style of play like Ronaldo was five years ago. You might pick Messi over Ronaldo, but we've got one more of the two of them and we're very happy with ours :D

[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]:lol::lol::lol::lol: Maybe he is but he's still a diving whinging cheat and if you deny that you are a fool...[/quote]

He feels hard done by when things aren't given and the refs don't see it. At least he doesn't fall over for nothing like your wonderful captain. Perhaps you're the fool for the wonderful level of hypocrisy that you are showing. ;)

[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]After this post my opinions on your loyalty to LFC have gone down the drain. :shock: :?[/quote]

It's about respect fella, you might get round to realising that if you ever take your Liverpool specs off.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
He still does dive but not as much as he use too where he was on the floor more than he was not.

Anyway I wont get into a argument about him, I said my opinion and that just doesn't count for Ronaldo so don't think I'm just being anti Ronaldo because they all do it and it ruins football. If the Portugese wanna dive then they can stay in Portugal instead of ruining our footballing nation.

The football league I prefer myself where they don't fall over all the time, may not be as classy but it's still entertaining IMO and get to watch my team play.

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
I hear you about the diving, mate, but honestly, Bournemouth? I know 'Arry's a legend in those parts, but have you lot had any success since then? LoL, I kid, don't kill me ;) (Psst : you havent approved my PSN request yet)

Diving has been aorund since the 70s and 80s, even in the English game. It just gets more highlight due to

1. Bigger media coverage
2. High profile foreigners

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="UnitedRoadRed, post: 0]Let's be clear on something here. Ronaldo used to dive a hell of a lot, but he's got cleverer; he's now making the most of contact because there is no specification about the degree of contact when awarding a foul. Nani's a worse diver than Ronaldo, but he's fresh out of the Portuguese style of play like Ronaldo was five years ago. You might pick Messi over Ronaldo, but we've got one more of the two of them and we're very happy with ours :D

He feels hard done by when things aren't given and the refs don't see it. At least he doesn't fall over for nothing like your wonderful captain. Perhaps you're the fool for the wonderful level of hypocrisy that you are showing. ;)

It's about respect fella, you might get round to realising that if you ever take your Liverpool specs off.[/quote]
:lol: Yeah Ronaldo never falls over for nothing, do you watch games?....
He feels hard done by awww shall we wipe his ass, for **** sake hes a full grown over paid proffesional footballer for god sake.
Watch this.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RL-pyZzN9gk
and this
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j1LiWYJswZw

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Feb 20, 2008
smouch.net
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]Yeah I have seen it, so what I was trying to make a point that Ronaldo clearly dives, why bring Gerrard or any other player into consideration??...[/QUOTE]

Because it's not fair to single out Ronaldo when everybody's doing it.

He's a player in the game.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Because we all admit Ronaldo dives, you just seem to turn a blind eye to any Liverpool players that do the exact same thing, or it's like Liverpool players dive so what?.