The Manchester United Thread

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Because we all admit Ronaldo dives, you just seem to turn a blind eye to any Liverpool players that do the exact same thing, or it's like Liverpool players dive so what?.[/quote]
My view is that all these kid's watch football and all they see Drogba and Ronaldo mainly falling all over the place and whinging, cheating ect and it sets a bad example and is slowing ruining the English game. I admit Gerrard dives and its a disgrace to LFC but no way near as often as Ronaldo, he also doesn't whinge about every decision going against him.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Like i posted in the Football thread, a lot of people seem to think a deal is done for 17 year old Aaron Ramsey of Cardiff.

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
Yes, Aaron Ramsey, whom apart from the name, I have no flipping clue who he is, how he plays etc. Must be a bit of a gem for United to sign him on so young. Then again, they signed on David Bellion when he was 20 too, so what do I know?

@Phaded ; you read Mediawatch on football365.com, I bet. Haha. Yes, Gerrard tells others not to dive, and yet he does it. Hypocrisy mate. As I've said from the very beginning, do not vilify Ronaldo if you are not prepared to vilify Super Captain I'll-have-his-babies-please Gerrard. And yes, he whinges a lot, but since he's a media darling, they gloss it over or don't show it. We have different broadcasters here in Asia that do not gloss things over like MOTD, and get to see his antics in the full.

Case in point : getting Tony Hibbert sent off in the Merseyside Derby (with a fall that could conceivably be called a dive, if you were cheeky about it). Having a 'word' with the ref before he produces a red card, I mean, come on! Just because he doesn't flail his arms around or turn red from screaming, doesn't mean he doesn't whinge. Get off your high scouse horse, alright? That's all I think the rest of us want you Pool supporters to do.

I'm sure Phaded and I could get all petty and rub it in your faces about, well, this is 10 titles now, and pool haven't won one in 20 seasons, 17 in total, who's to bet against United making it 19 titles to eclipse pool, Since you lot are intent on focusing on a smaller picture, when the reality of the bigger picture just doesn't sit comfortably with you.

Pool have become a cup team. An expensive one, albeit with two triple AAA billed players. It all started with the Mickey Mouse Treble under Houllier and has continued since. And would you believe it, Gerrard has already started with the 'Next year is our year' crap.

If you want to be brutally honest about it, a true measure of your team's worth is when you compare it with the other 3 'Big 4' clubs, and ask yourself, would any of my lot make it into their squad?

Take for example, left back. The Arse have Clichy, United have Evra, and Chelski have Cole. Would they substitue any of them for Arbeloa or Riise? Central midfiled is Pool's biggest strength, with Alonso (if he ever rediscovers form), Mascherano, Gerrard. And then there's Babel and Torres. But that's about it.

Arsenal have been severely weakened in this area, with only Fabregas a name worthy of being mentioned, and possibly Rosicky if he ever recovers properly. Chelski have Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Obi Mikel, Makelele. United have Scholesy, Carrick, Anderson, Hargreaves, Fletcher. I could go on and on.

Pool's European adventures could now be severely curtailed, because Chelski found a way through them, and that's to just play direct and to play hard and fast against them in Europe. United do so in the league, Chelski did so in Europe, and other teams will be taking notes.

But hey, I'm done talking about other teams, I'm just happy for mine. We're league champions, laddie, and none of your posturing about any of our players is going to change that fact ;)

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Artanoma, post: 0]Yes, Aaron Ramsey, whom apart from the name, I have no flipping clue who he is, how he plays etc. Must be a bit of a gem for United to sign him on so young. Then again, they signed on David Bellion when he was 20 too, so what do I know?

@Phaded ; you read Mediawatch on football365.com, I bet. Haha. Yes, Gerrard tells others not to dive, and yet he does it. Hypocrisy mate. As I've said from the very beginning, do not vilify Ronaldo if you are not prepared to vilify Super Captain I'll-have-his-babies-please Gerrard. And yes, he whinges a lot, but since he's a media darling, they gloss it over or don't show it. We have different broadcasters here in Asia that do not gloss things over like MOTD, and get to see his antics in the full.

Case in point : getting Tony Hibbert sent off in the Merseyside Derby (with a fall that could conceivably be called a dive, if you were cheeky about it). Having a 'word' with the ref before he produces a red card, I mean, come on! Just because he doesn't flail his arms around or turn red from screaming, doesn't mean he doesn't whinge. Get off your high scouse horse, alright? That's all I think the rest of us want you Pool supporters to do.

I'm sure Phaded and I could get all petty and rub it in your faces about, well, this is 10 titles now, and pool haven't won one in 20 seasons, 17 in total, who's to bet against United making it 19 titles to eclipse pool, Since you lot are intent on focusing on a smaller picture, when the reality of the bigger picture just doesn't sit comfortably with you.

Pool have become a cup team. An expensive one, albeit with two triple AAA billed players. It all started with the Mickey Mouse Treble under Houllier and has continued since. And would you believe it, Gerrard has already started with the 'Next year is our year' crap.

If you want to be brutally honest about it, a true measure of your team's worth is when you compare it with the other 3 'Big 4' clubs, and ask yourself, would any of my lot make it into their squad?

Take for example, left back. The Arse have Clichy, United have Evra, and Chelski have Cole. Would they substitue any of them for Arbeloa or Riise? Central midfiled is Pool's biggest strength, with Alonso (if he ever rediscovers form), Mascherano, Gerrard. And then there's Babel and Torres. But that's about it.

Arsenal have been severely weakened in this area, with only Fabregas a name worthy of being mentioned, and possibly Rosicky if he ever recovers properly. Chelski have Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Obi Mikel, Makelele. United have Scholesy, Carrick, Anderson, Hargreaves, Fletcher. I could go on and on.

Pool's European adventures could now be severely curtailed, because Chelski found a way through them, and that's to just play direct and to play hard and fast against them in Europe. United do so in the league, Chelski did so in Europe, and other teams will be taking notes.

But hey, I'm done talking about other teams, I'm just happy for mine. We're league champions, laddie, and none of your posturing about any of our players is going to change that fact ;)[/quote]
An expensive team you realise since Rafa has been in charge we have only spent £80.6 million net in 4 years, £20 million a season hardly expensive?...
I suppose you might want to add Reina, Skrtel,Carragher, and Agger and to that but let me guess your biast.
Whats makes me laugh is that you give all this **** and your sitting in asia like a little glory hunter and least I support my home city. Why did you start supporting United, because they were winning?...

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
I stayed in the UK for four years when I was 6 years old right up to when I was ten.

When was this? 1990, up to 1994. I have been to Old Trafford, I even have pictures with Neil Webb (go look him up if you dont know who he is), Mark Hughes, Sir Alex, Brian Mclair. My first ever live match was a Pool VS Man United derby at home, (where those afore mentioned pictures were taken) which United, if I recall correctly, lost 1-2 (when I was 6). I could not attend that many games because we lived up north in Glasgow, and my parents didn't have a lot of money, since both were studying to get their Masters Degrees (Mum from Glasgow Uni, Dad from Stirling Uni), so all I had was the telly and the BBC (and later on, BSkyB). Life was f*cking hard for my family, and those rare trips to Old Trafford, even in the off-season were always a highlight for the entire clan. consequently, United has always been in our blood as a family.

So I was a supporter before the 'golden era' began, and I find it pathetic that you are reduced to taking pot shots at my geographical origin. I even manged to convince my family to make the trip to the UK after we had moved back to Malaysia, in 1999, to watch the final home game of the 98/99 season, for a holiday (I was 15), and United has proven to be in our blood year in year out. We then toured Europe and fortuitously ended up in Munich the day after United won the Champions League. I went outside to go to the petrol station kiosk to read up on the news and find out the results whilst wearing my United jersey, and I got promptly flattened by three German kids in Bayern Munich shirts who ambushed me as I came out of the kiosk with a giant grin on my face as dad filled up the car with petrol.

I have bled for my club and have supported them through thick and thin, which what the early 90s were, and the 2003-2006 years were like, as first Arsenal and then Chelski deservedly won their titles. So don't simply label anyone a glory hunter when you know nothing of their background or their historical affiliations.

And as for Skrtel, Carragher and Agger, I would not pick any of them over Rio, Vidic, Terry, Carvalho, or Gallas. It is not bias, but just their qualities. Rio is world class, no doubt, and Vidic is a fantastic defender.

You might mention Carra always makes those last ditch tackles, but his poor positioning sense and lack of pace ensure that ANY tackle he makes IS a last ditch one. Skrtel, the jury is out on him, but he seems a teeny bit lightweight. Agger? Again, a teeny bit lightweight and doesn't seem to have that much more pace then Carra.

As for Reina, susceptible under the highball, although an excellent shot stopper when on form. He does however, have a weakness for covering (or lack thereof) his near post. Just ask Drogba, Fabregas, et al. Just like how Taffarel of Brazil fame always had a weakness for shots low to his left. Van Der Sar isn't that much better, but I believe Foster will make the step up when VDS finally calls it a day.

You can call me a glory hunter all you want, but I do not 'bask' in a history that is decades old and shows no signs of being resurrected, the odd Champions League title and final aside. Liverpool fans always talk about their 'history' and what not, but they seem to forget United have a history as compelling and as rich as theirs. Hillsborough was a tragedy, yes, but so was Munich '58. Pool have 18 championships, United have 17. United have 11 FA Cups, Liverpool have 7. Pool have 5 European Cups, and United have only two (hopefully there will be a third in a week's time).

For Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, read Law, Best and Charlton. Or Viollet. Or Tommy Taylor. Or Duncan Edwards. Or Bryan Robson.

I wish some of you blinkered 'pool fans would just get off your high horses already and just be pragmatic and magnanimous. Credit is where credit is due, and no one tries to cover up Pool's history, but I can safely say that EVERY OTHER FOOTBALL SUPPORTER ON THE PLANET is thoroughly sick of a pool supporter dragging up their history at any possible juncture. There are examples of this everywhere, on websites with active forums discussing football (such as the excellent Football365.com site).

And to correct your figures, Rafa himself said that they have actually spent 150 million pounds in the past 4 seasons, not 80 million.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="Artanoma, post: 0]I stayed in the UK for four years when I was 6 years old right up to when I was ten.

When was this? 1990, up to 1994. I have been to Old Trafford, I even have pictures with Neil Webb (go look him up if you dont know who he is), Mark Hughes, Sir Alex, Brian Mclair. My first ever live match was a Pool VS Man United derby at home, (where those afore mentioned pictures were taken) which United, if I recall correctly, lost 1-2 (when I was 6). I could not attend that many games because we lived up north in Glasgow, and my parents didn't have a lot of money, since both were studying to get their Masters Degrees (Mum from Glasgow Uni, Dad from Stirling Uni), so all I had was the telly and the BBC (and later on, BSkyB). Life was f*cking hard for my family, and those rare trips to Old Trafford, even in the off-season were always a highlight for the entire clan. consequently, United has always been in our blood as a family.

So I was a supporter before the 'golden era' began, and I find it pathetic that you are reduced to taking pot shots at my geographical origin. I even manged to convince my family to make the trip to the UK after we had moved back to Malaysia, in 1999, to watch the final home game of the 98/99 season, for a holiday (I was 15), and United has proven to be in our blood year in year out. We then toured Europe and fortuitously ended up in Munich the day after United won the Champions League. I went outside to go to the petrol station kiosk to read up on the news and find out the results whilst wearing my United jersey, and I got promptly flattened by three German kids in Bayern Munich shirts who ambushed me as I came out of the kiosk with a giant grin on my face as dad filled up the car with petrol.

I have bled for my club and have supported them through thick and thin, which what the early 90s were, and the 2003-2006 years were like, as first Arsenal and then Chelski deservedly won their titles. So don't simply label anyone a glory hunter when you know nothing of their background or their historical affiliations.

And as for Skrtel, Carragher and Agger, I would not pick any of them over Rio, Vidic, Terry, Carvalho, or Gallas. It is not bias, but just their qualities. Rio is world class, no doubt, and Vidic is a fantastic defender.

You might mention Carra always makes those last ditch tackles, but his poor positioning sense and lack of pace ensure that ANY tackle he makes IS a last ditch one. Skrtel, the jury is out on him, but he seems a teeny bit lightweight. Agger? Again, a teeny bit lightweight and doesn't seem to have that much more pace then Carra.

As for Reina, susceptible under the highball, although an excellent shot stopper when on form. He does however, have a weakness for covering (or lack thereof) his near post. Just ask Drogba, Fabregas, et al. Just like how Taffarel of Brazil fame always had a weakness for shots low to his left. Van Der Sar isn't that much better, but I believe Foster will make the step up when VDS finally calls it a day.

You can call me a glory hunter all you want, but I do not 'bask' in a history that is decades old and shows no signs of being resurrected, the odd Champions League title and final aside. Liverpool fans always talk about their 'history' and what not, but they seem to forget United have a history as compelling and as rich as theirs. Hillsborough was a tragedy, yes, but so was Munich '58. Pool have 18 championships, United have 17. United have 11 FA Cups, Liverpool have 7. Pool have 5 European Cups, and United have only two (hopefully there will be a third in a week's time).

For Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, read Law, Best and Charlton. Or Viollet. Or Tommy Taylor. Or Duncan Edwards. Or Bryan Robson.

I wish some of you blinkered 'pool fans would just get off your high horses already and just be pragmatic and magnanimous. Credit is where credit is due, and no one tries to cover up Pool's history, but I can safely say that EVERY OTHER FOOTBALL SUPPORTER ON THE PLANET is thoroughly sick of a pool supporter dragging up their history at any possible juncture. There are examples of this everywhere, on websites with active forums discussing football (such as the excellent Football365.com site).

[/quote] And to correct your figures, Rafa himself said that they have actually spent 150 million pounds in the past 4 seasons, not 80 million.
I said £80 million ''net'' so I'm correct please check your facts as for the rest off your post fair enough but why did you bring up the whole Liverpool trophy ect debate surely you were expecting a reaction?... and you got one.
I wouldn't say Skrtel is lightweight at all, he stopped Drogba easily enough and they don't come much stronger than Drogba.
I wouldn't say Rio is world class though he's quality but is succeptible to errors.
I don't bask in past glory as I was not old enough for most of it so you can take me out of that bracket.

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
Rio has not made a major mistake all season. But he has been absolutely magnificent this term. He would be player of the year if it were not for Cristiano Ronaldo.

And my assertion that Skrtel is lightweight stems from not one game with Drogba, but over the entire half-season he was in. I'm sorry, but one inspired performance over a centre forward who was coming back from injury doesn't cut it for me. And I bring up the trophy cabinet because it is true that Liverpool have become a cup team. Not just with Rafa's time in charge, but since 1990. They haven't been at th races for nigh-on 20 years (18 years, to be pedantic). And in the meantime, they have won the FA Cup, the league Cup, the European Cup and the UEFA Cup. The operative word here being
cup

Name me one major major error that Rio has made this season. And perhaps you don't bask in the glory of a trophy cabinet ages old, but hey, you certainly subscribe to the superiority complex that many Liverpool supporters love to display.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
I thought Skrtel has been pretty impressive this season and fitted in well. As for Rio well I knew he would be amazing and my dad said to me when he was 17 that he will play for England one day no doubt about that (played for us when he was 17) Same as J Redknapp you could just tell there class, JR played 7 games for us I think then Liverpool snapped him up just a shame his injuries got the best of him.

Nov 14, 2007
www.clubcaptain.co.uk
Since Rafa took over, Liverpool have had a higher net spend than Manchester United. Cold hard fact. The difference is that Fergie has bought a small number of quality players rather than the scattergun approach that Benitez has adopted. So money isn't an excuse, it's simply refusing to buy big before Torres.

EVILPS3

Master Poster
Jul 3, 2007
[QUOTE="UnitedRoadRed, post: 0]Since Rafa took over, Liverpool have had a higher net spend than Manchester United. Cold hard fact. The difference is that Fergie has bought a small number of quality players rather than the scattergun approach that Benitez has adopted. So money isn't an excuse, it's simply refusing to buy big before Torres.[/quote]
How many poor players did Fergie buy in his first 5 years alot and how much did he spend before winning anything?.... Rafa has had to pretty much build a team from scratch because Houlier left it a mess so comparing the 2 is ridiculous.

You need a big squad to compete in the League and Europe and sure Rafa has bought some Dud's but hasn't any great manager. Rafa is still building a squad and we are improving each year our youth team has won the league this year so in my eyes the future is bright.

I thought I would try to explain how your opinions on Rafa were unfounded and incorrect.

To understand our clubs situation, you need to go back to 2004 when Rafa joined the club. You also need to understand our financial situation up till last season when the new owners bought the club.

Alves was available at 12 million quid (so we are told). The board of director's would only sanction a purchase for a right back of up to 8-10 million quid. We missed out on Alves.

Joaquin is someone I had hoped we would try to buy but given how much he joined Valencia for from Betis, we have had very little cash to spend between 2004-2006 because the club was in the red and performing very very badly. On top of a massive overdraft account in the red, we have had big problems raising capital.

I suspect you don't really have a grasp of the reality of the situation in the past that led to rafa buying perhaps sub-standard players like Pennant.

The board have always been slow on Rafa's transfer requests resulting in Rafa having to buy his 2nd, 3rd or sometimes even 4th choice player, resulting in players like Craig Bellamy, Fernando Morientes, Mark Gonzalez, Luis Garcia and Alvaro Arbeloa and many more being brought into the club but may I add alot of them sold on for a profit very quickly when they meet surplus for demands.

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]How many poor players did Fergie buy in his first 5 years alot and how much did he spend before winning anything?.... Rafa has had to pretty much build a team from scratch because Houlier left it a mess so comparing the 2 is ridiculous.[/quote]

Manchester United were in even more of a mess when Fergie took over in 1986. They had no proper youth setup (heck, even MAN CITY had a better academy), they had players living on past glories (Norman Whiteside comes to mind, and United had developed a reputation as a drunkards club under Ron Atkinson), had just sold one of their best players the previous summer (Mark Hughes) and they weren't in the best of financial health either. Old Trafford was seeing gates of barely 25 thousand plus per home game.

And to argue your point about how many rubbish players Fergie signed in his first 5 years : -

1987 - Brian Mcclair
1987 - Steve Bruce
1988 - Mark Hughes
1989 - Gary Pallister
1989 - Paul Ince
1990 - Dennis Irwin
1991 - Peter Schmeichel
1992 - Eric Cantona

Hardly rubbish, are they? Not to mention the difficulty he had in bringing the gate receipts back up to allow the club more financial leeway in planning their spending, as well as having to clear out the deadwood from an unfit and under-performing squad.

You need a big squad to compete in the League and Europe and sure Rafa has bought some Dud's but hasn't any great manager. Rafa is still building a squad and we are improving each year our youth team has won the league this year so in my eyes the future is bright.

I thought I would try to explain how your opinions on Rafa were unfounded and incorrect.

To understand our clubs situation, you need to go back to 2004 when Rafa joined the club. You also need to understand our financial situation up till last season when the new owners bought the club.
Refer to the above.

Alves was available at 12 million quid (so we are told). The board of director's would only sanction a purchase for a right back of up to 8-10 million quid. We missed out on Alves.

Joaquin is someone I had hoped we would try to buy but given how much he joined Valencia for from Betis, we have had very little cash to spend between 2004-2006 because the club was in the red and performing very very badly. On top of a massive overdraft account in the red, we have had big problems raising capital.
If Newcastle could stump up 9 million for toss like Luque, why not 12 million for Alves? Are you going to blame the shortcomings of the club on David Moores, or on Rafa Benitez? And if Alves was available on the cheap, how come he is still at Sevilla?

And as for your financial troubles, you refer to Fergie's first few years in charge, and use that as an example, when in fact Fergie had it worse, considering back then that Football clubs were still run like Pub teams and that Liverpool actually have consistent gates above 40 thousand, meaning that there was at least a measure of stability in terms of financial planning.

I suspect you don't really have a grasp of the reality of the situation in the past that led to rafa buying perhaps sub-standard players like Pennant.

The board have always been slow on Rafa's transfer requests resulting in Rafa having to buy his 2nd, 3rd or sometimes even 4th choice player, resulting in players like Craig Bellamy, Fernando Morientes, Mark Gonzalez, Luis Garcia and Alvaro Arbeloa and many more being brought into the club but may I add alot of them sold on for a profit very quickly when they meet surplus for demands.
As I recall, Mark Gonzalez was a first choice signing, because they went through the hassle of showing the Home Office video clips, appealing his denial of a work permit, etc. And as for Bellamy and Pennant, why don't you tell us who those first choice targets could have been?

Morientes is a class act and always has been. Did the business at Real Madrid, and also helped Monaco to a champions league final. Could it be that Rafa is also tactically suspect, and sometimes cannot get the best out of certain players? Say it isn't so, and don't gloss over the fact that Rafa did not get the best out of him. Even Fergie messed up with Diego Forlan, Kleberson and Veron, but I don't think you find United supporters trying to cover them up as '4th choice transfer targets'.

Luis Garcia actually helped you lot win a Champions League. And I thought he was a decent enough player to bring on as a supersub in tight games (or score goals that never were). And yes, I believe Arbeloa is toss.

Jan 16, 2008
I presume you're aware that your new stadium is likely to be delayed, in exactly the same manner as Hicks' other project in Florida, for financial reasons?

AJe

Former chief
Mar 19, 2007
As an out and out winger they are pretty close (Giggs in his prime) but free roaming ronaldo takes it by some way

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Giggs was Ronaldo, the Beckham before Beckham arrived back in his hey day. Of course now I would say Ronaldo but as a real "winger" it would be Giggs simply because Ronaldo just has a free attacking role and isn't necessarily stuck to the wing position.

Fernando9

Superior Member
Dec 25, 2007
Dubai
[QUOTE="Scouser, post: 0]So does anybody think Ronaldo will go to REAL?

100m is too much money to refuse :lol:[/QUOTE]
no Ronaldo isn't moving to Madrid cuz he want to score 50 goals in one season with United plus and when he'll think of moving he better go to Barca rather than going to a crapy team like ... ah..I dont want 2 say their name

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
Ronaldo wouldn't move, simply because his ego won't allow him to. He will nto pass up the chance to become the Legend of All Legends at Old Trafford, and until he either :

a. Starts to think he cannot achieve that
b. thinks he's already done so

Only then would he agitate for a move. He would never find a better man-manager around in the world, than Fergie.

Nov 14, 2007
www.clubcaptain.co.uk
[QUOTE="EVILPS3, post: 0]How many poor players did Fergie buy in his first 5 years alot and how much did he spend before winning anything?.... Rafa has had to pretty much build a team from scratch because Houlier left it a mess so comparing the 2 is ridiculous.

The board have always been slow on Rafa's transfer requests resulting in Rafa having to buy his 2nd, 3rd or sometimes even 4th choice player, resulting in players like Craig Bellamy, Fernando Morientes, Mark Gonzalez, Luis Garcia and Alvaro Arbeloa and many more being brought into the club but may I add alot of them sold on for a profit very quickly when they meet surplus for demands.[/quote]

Fergie's early signings were pretty good - Anderson for £250k and McClair for £850k were good value signings. The following season he brought in Steve Bruce, Lee Sharpe, Jim Leighton and Mark Hughes as well as a speculative punt of 35k on Paul Dalton, a lad from Brandon in Suffolk who didn't make it. The third round of signings saw Mark Bosnich arrive on a free for his first spell (ended due to work permit issues), the versatile Mike Phelan arrive for 750k and £1.5m spent on Neil Webb; great player but a broken leg not long after his arrival curtailed his United career.

The fourth summer was more eventful, with Pallister arriving for what was a record fee rather than going for Glenn Hysen (how **** was he? Oh wait, you'd know, you signed him :D). Three more speculations for a total of £¼m in the form of Carey, Whitworth and Rammell were made but other key signings were Paul Ince for £1-1.5m (depending upon what you read), Danny Wallace for £1.2m, Les Sealey (RIP) on a free and one of the bargains of the century - Denis Irwin for £625,000.
The fifth summer (which you wanted to know about) saw only one arrival for £650k - Andrei Kanchelskis. So yes, Fergie's signings in five years were by and large sound investment rather than the scattergun approach of Benitez. So, rather than doing a bit of research, you've made yourself look a prat while trying to wriggle out of what your manager hasn't been able to do - consistently sign quality players.

[QUOTE="Fernando9, post: 0]I have a question for United fans who do you think is better as a winger Giggs or C.Ronaldo ?[/quote]
[QUOTE="Scouser, post: 0]So does anybody think Ronaldo will go to REAL?

100m is too much money to refuse :lol:[/quote]

As a winger, Giggs in his heyday was the best in Europe. As an overall package, Ronaldo is better. Ruud wasn't getting the supply from Ronaldo that he had been accustomed to from Beckham and kicked off over it. He went rather than Ronaldo and the rest is history; Ronaldo has added to his game and we have the potential to replace Giggs with Nani once he cuts the diving out and gets his head down and learns the way we play.

Ryan had the chance to move to Italy a few times in the nineties with Inter often courting him but he's a local lad and loves the club. I expect we will lose Ronaldo at some point but I'd rather that be later than sooner - the money isn't the issue because five years of success with Ronaldo would be worth more than the £100m we'd get for him. Success in itself brings reward, he puts bums on seats and selling him would give out the wrong signals as well as create mutiny. He'd go when Fergie is ready for him to go.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Fernando9, post: 0]

Manchester United 2008-2009 Home kit :DD[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="mufc_danny, post: 0]Where did you see that?
I cant see it being real[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's fake and we aren't getting a new Home kit.

Oct 19, 2006
Hey guys i have two tickets for the game in moscow if anyone is interested i live in london pm me for details i cant go to the game because i have an exam on thursday morning :(

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="UnitedRoadRed, post: 0]There would be uproar if we got a new home kit - that would be four in four seasons!

This has been rumoured as a new away shirt, with the black one demoted to third kit:

[/QUOTE]

Yeah all i've heard is us just having a new Away kit this season, and I actually like that one but I much prefer the Black one we have now as our Away kit.

[QUOTE="jumah86, post: 0]Hey guys i have two tickets for the game in moscow if anyone is interested i live in london pm me for details i cant go to the game because i have an exam on thursday morning :([/QUOTE]

lol? you trying to scam people?. Hey I know i'le go buy tickets for Moscow...... "few weeks later" oh wait i just checked my exam timetable and found out I have an exam on that day... yeah okay *rollseyes*

Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]
lol? you trying to scam people?. Hey I know i'le go buy tickets for Moscow...... "few weeks later" oh wait i just checked my exam timetable and found out I have an exam on that day... yeah okay *rollseyes*[/quote]

actually i didnt buy them i won them of manutd.com at first my brother was going but then the russian embassy said that to enter russia your passport must not expire in under six months and sadly his expires in three

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
Kalou reckons Vidic is the weak link, come Moscow. Thoughts fellas?

I think he's grasping for straws here, but I see the battle being won or lost out on the wings, with Joe Cole, Ronaldo, the potential matchwinners.