The Manchester United Thread

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="Artanoma, post: 0]Kalou reckons Vidic is the weak link, come Moscow. Thoughts fellas?

I think he's grasping for straws here, but I see the battle being won or lost out on the wings, with Joe Cole, Ronaldo, the potential matchwinners.[/QUOTE]

It's just a poor attempt to get back at him for what Vidic said about Drogba. Kalou just looks like an idiot though because he's been one of the best defenders in the world all season. He's grasping at straws I agree.

Xaor

Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2007
Congratulations Mancs, you really deserved that one.

Ronaldo needs to be disciplined. That penalty was totally, and utterly illegal. Missed it though, git that he is.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
congrats Man U ! Ronaldo should be ashamed at the PK attempt. It was a great game though. It went back and forth, and there were times when either team could have taken the game.

Xaor

Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2007
I honestly don't GET how Ronaldo holds his head with any height. It's just so shameless... it's almost sickening.

Dylan_IRL

Apprentice
Mar 15, 2008
[QUOTE="NeCrOpHoBiC, post: 0]Should Ronaldo's penalty have been retaken though?[/QUOTE]

No he missed anyway so it didnt really matter

Xaor

Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2007
Not if he missed, I don't think. If it had gone in, it really should have been retaken, as far as I know.

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
Congratulations Manchester United, Sir Alex and the lads for an epic triumph!

I am completely hoarse and can barely speak now. Drogba is a complete w*nker, I hope he sods off and never bothers the English league again.

Ronaldo had a fantastic first half, but tailed off badly in the second, as did United. It really was a game of four halves. United had the 1st half, and the 2nd half of ET, Chelsea had the second half, and the 1st half of ET.

You have to feel for Terry though, but just a WEEEEE bit. Lamps as well. But hey, props to Scholes, who had to suffer 9 years of anguish over missing the last final United were in, and finally got to taste victory in a manner he would have wanted : on the pitch.

United will build on this, and could build a European Dynasty, if only the bulk up the front line a bit more, and introduce more variation in Plans B and C.

What now for Chelsea? The squad is due for a clearout, with many over-30 players that will probably be moved on. You can only say with absolute certainty that Essien, Terry, Cech, Joe Cole, and Mikel will be there next term.

Congratulations and salutations, Manchester United! Champions of Europe for the third time, as Sir Alex joins a select group of managers to have won more than one European Cup!

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="NeCrOpHoBiC, post: 0]Should Ronaldo's penalty have been retaken though?[/quote]

yea, only if he'd have made the pk...

I was all over the living room in my place over this game. lol

Feb 20, 2008
smouch.net
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 0]yea, only if he'd have made the pk...

I was all over the living room in my place over this game. lol[/QUOTE]

You and me both.

I think i might've run so much I rubbed a hole in the carpet.

Giggsay!!!!

B

bobjenkins

I haven't watched many football games but this one was great. I hate to see it come down to penalty kicks though, one mistake and its over:(

Congrats to Manchester United:) I thought it was over when Ronaldo missed, but they came out victorious!