The most underated games/things in games thread

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
Hey i was wondering what games/things in games that you thought were really good despite opinions that suggest otherwise.

1) Assasins Creed fullstop....i see constant bashing of this game and i think its because people were expecting WAYY too much. Personally the absolute beauty of the gameworld and fluidness of his movement coupled with a historically accurate storyline (that also offered insights into our ancestors past and more) and beautiful cut scenes made way for what was more of a great experience, then a great game.

2) Cod: waw.....again a WW2 shooter, its a love or hate thing although i have seen a lot of borderline opinions of it as well....For me Nazi Zombies was the greatest innovation in splitscreen multiplayer since Goldeneye 64 and i cannot believe how overlooked this form of multiplayer was. It seriously was the funnest thing since goldeneye 64 for me, and that alone makes this game a great one.

3) Motorstorm....Maybe im just good at soaking up the minor details but despite the long load times and limited tracks, racing through mud that felt and looked like real mud (in the bonnet view) made way for an experience that truely felt fast, dangerous and exhilarating

TheDarkKnight

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I agree with Assassins Creed. People just criticise it, i know they have their opinions and so but this game was like one of the best games ever. Im sure AC2will make up for its repetitiveness.

micromagic

Forum Guru
Nov 19, 2007
Heavenly Sword. One of the best games on the system imo but got heavily criticised for it's length. Would love a sequel, but unlikely to happen.

Sieghardt

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
Aug 19, 2008
CoD:WaW underrated? Are you kidding me? :lol:

as for actual underrated games, Siren: Blood Curse, Everybody's Golf, Wipeout HD, all among the best in their genres

King Six

Apprentice
Aug 30, 2008
GTA IV is a game that alot of people also criticise for no real decent reasons. It got rave reviews and massive sales but you still see alot of people on forums and the internet slagging it off because it didn't expand on GTA San Andreas, which they all loved when they bought it as 12 year olds and could fly Jet packs.

TekkenLord

Elite Guru
Nov 22, 2005
conan, man that game was sweet.
Lair- it got bad reviews so the game didn't do well. me and my son (7) didn't find the controls hard to use at all. Guess those that had a problem with the controls are slow.

clean515

Elite Guru
Oct 11, 2007
Heavenly sword ? I would say everything giving that game more than 6/10 is overrating it. :p

Anyway i think valkyria chronicles is the most underrated or well the ones that played it like it so not underrated that way just underrated when it comes to sales.

X-Fury

Superior Member
Dec 12, 2008
Well, for WaW... it just had criticism because of all the glitcher and glitches and horrible lag it had... i think its fixed now... im not sure, I gave up on WaW

Ordell

Dedicated Member
Jun 25, 2007
I actually think Killzone 2 is slightly underrated. Not a lot. But a little.

And I think Uncharted is overrated. Not a lot. But a little.

AsuraOkami

Super Elite
Jan 9, 2009
Ivalice
2 games that come to mind that are underrated is Folklore and Valkyria Chronicles.. People see Folklore Some Complain they have to read and other things. Vallkyria Chronicles People see the graphics and all of a sudden it sucks just because it doesn't look like a game like Kz2.

As for assassin creed as much as i liked it it got way to repetitive....Still its a great game if you can get past that one problem

Call of duty:Waw the game way overrated as with all cod games..People make it seem like the second coming(No Offence to you cod fans)

Sep 7, 2008
Siren: Blood Curse

Where as most horror games nowadays are basicly action games with cheap scares. Siren is about survival and suspense. Hiding in closets and smacking enemies over the head with shovels. The game has it's flaws sure, but they're minor ones. It's also one of the scariest games I have played in a long time.

I say it's underrated because the reviews it got were very mixed and most people I talk to never tried it. I have no knowledge on the sales it made.

halfdeaf

Apprentice
Feb 15, 2009
I agree about Assassins Creed I loved it. The story was amazing and if you got past the repetitiveness the gameplay was among the best i've played.

R

Rapture

Morrowind was underrated in my truly honest, gaming opinion.

Along with Just Cause, Red faction Guerrilla, Dead Space, Assassins creed, Uncharted, etc.

Dec 18, 2007
AC for sure. As I always state, UNCHARTED is a way more repetitive than AC. Other underated that came to my mind: Dark Sector it's a nice game. And F1, which is very cool.

Buzzman

Apprentice
Aug 31, 2008
I think the poster who said [email protected] was underrated was the zombie aspect of the game. I dont understand how someone cant like it. Ive played Zombie mode more then Ive actually played the shooting part of the game. Even when Modern Warfare 2 comes out I will still go back and play Zombie mode. it seems like 50% of the [email protected] players dont like it.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
There's too many games to cover but Assassin's Creed and GTA IV certainly come to mind. Some people just can't appreciate good games for what they're worth anymore. The same people who say gaming is unoriginal these days and what not are the same one's who play shooter after shooter killing aliens and saving the world. Yet, a game with a plot i've never seen before like Assassin's Creed gets hated on. I don't get it and never will.

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
Motorstorm Pacific Rift is way better and bigger than the first and still got the same scores+/-.

Another one that comes to mind is Heavenly Sword, although short it was an amazing experience with top quality values.

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
[QUOTE="Nunalho, post: 0]Motorstorm Pacific Rift is way better and bigger than the first and still got the same scores+/-.

Another one that comes to mind is Heavenly Sword, although short it was an amazing experience with top quality values.[/quote]

Heavenly Sword is definitely a sleeper hit. I popped it in and was blown away at the visuals. Nobody talks about that game, maybe they have something against a female lead character but the game reeks of God of War and everyone's hyped for that.

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
I still think Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is one of the most underrated games this gen.

Followed my Motostorm, Heavenly Sword and UT3.