'The next evolution for PlayStation Home..."

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
As you know, we’ve been working hard to fill PlayStation Home with hundreds of games – everything from pool tables and dart boards to full-on space shooters like Novus Prime: Escalation, zombie slashers like Dead Island Zombie Survivor, and massive online racing games like Sodium 2: Project Velocity. Today we are excited to announce a complete redesign of the heart of PlayStation Home to reinforce our evolution into the ultimate social game platform on consoles today. This redesign will connect you with the world of hundreds of games in Home faster and better than ever before.

Coming in Fall 2011, this new core experience for PlayStation Home features a “hub and districts” design that will help you find games, people and places that fit your favorite game genres. The design features a new Hub that integrates games, quests, community events, and user-generated content, while providing you with additional navigation, shopping, socialization and entertainment options.
Source (inc. pics)

Sounds promising but can Sony really pull this off?

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
This, along with an improvement to loading times (which they're also working on), is exactly what Home needs. It definitely needed to be streamlined. Glad to hear.

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 5641119]This, along with an improvement to loading times (which they're also working on), is exactly what Home needs. It definitely needed to be streamlined. Glad to hear.[/QUOTE]
But will it make a difference to the numbers Home pulls in each month? Sony are trying desperately to try and pull more people in but nothing in the past has really worked. This new version of Home does sound interesting and I'll definitely be giving it a go, but it really is just a more visualised form of the social gaming side of Facebook. Still, will be interesting to see how it develops.

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="Jaeger, post: 5641160]But will it make a difference to the numbers Home pulls in each month? Sony are trying desperately to try and pull more people in but nothing in the past has really worked. This new version of Home does sound interesting and I'll definitely be giving it a go, but it really is just a more visualised form of the social gaming side of Facebook. Still, will be interesting to see how it develops.[/QUOTE]

Why do they need to pull more people in? Millions use it, I think Sony is expecting too much if thats not enough.

And this sounds great but I wish there were more worldwide spaces.

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
still won't motivate me to use it, unless it some how turns into a sublime user experience...which we all know won't happen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
Source (inc. pics)[/URL]

Sounds promising but can Sony really pull this off?
They should be able to do this. I mean they have been playing around with Home for how long? 2-3 years? They must have learned enough.

Sep 24, 2011
Why do they need to pull more people in? Millions use it, I think Sony is expecting too much if thats not enough.

And this sounds great but I wish there were more worldwide spaces.