The NGP Sucks?

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
Someone knock some sense into this dude... :lol: I like the 3DS and the NGP but this fanboy is ridiculous.

Will this forum step up and raid this dudes video? ;)

I just found it sad that someone with such a big following makes videos of such low standards.

[video=youtube;AEOTQpBwVpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEOTQpBwVpc[/video]

Minnzy

Super Elite
Sep 8, 2006
Actually... I kind of liked how he went about it, he made it clear his preference was with Nintendo and didn't hide it by stating he was uber hyped for the NGP but Sony ****ed up, he stated things may be different with the final product but he has his doubts about certain things, much better done then a great deal of crap already popping up I say

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
I just posted this because I actually subscribe to him and love his work on Nintendo 3DS news but as a neutral his weak points made me quite angry. :lol:

I don't think he had any solid points, criticizing a non-existent library, not speaking about touch or what developers will do to take advantage of the hardware or the fact that the technologies will make it have the potential to be MUCH more different than a console platform, NGP is not 3G only, and "the portable is dull" in what way? By looking at the games which you haven't played?

I bet I've played Nintendo games longer than he has, but preference does not make it an excuse to flame a console with fuzzy facts I'd say.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="Minnzy, post: 5425328]Actually... I kind of liked how he went about it, he made it clear his preference was with Nintendo and didn't hide it by stating he was uber hyped for the NGP but Sony ****ed up, he stated things may be different with the final product but he has his doubts about certain things, much better done then a great deal of crap already popping up I say[/QUOTE]

It would have worked better if his reasons were valid.

1. His complaint about sony not realizing that the console is not a portable one isn't valid. He hasn't played a game yet. How would he know their approach? How does he know that third parties can't take advantage of the console?

2. He mentions that the screen for the 3DS is unique and the TV counterparts would be extremely expensive. The same thing can be said about a touchscreen OLED.

3. He states that NGP's offerings aren't unique to handhelds.... except... and as soon as he says "except" he fails. You cannot state that a product doesn't have something, then contradict yourself in the same sentence.

4. Opinions about library and franchises are subjective and highly debatable.

5. Complaining about the hardware being "too" powerful is not a valid argument and never will be one. It is all about how the tech is used. The PSP is actually very successful and the reason it doesn't trump the NDS could simply be because of the novelty.

It is debatable on what the impact is going to be this time around. Who knows maybe the feature that is most in demand, isn't 3D or high processing power. Maybe the NGP can produce a takedown of the 3DS simply because it has 3GS built in. The video is just as it was presented, a biased look that really is filled with baseless speculation and obvious downplaying so he can trumpet the 3DS.

So it is a versus video about two products that aren't even out yet and that is obviously going for different experiences. We now know what to expect from the gaming landscape from now on. It is only going to get worse.

EDIT: An NGP loco roco is going to be insanely awesome now that I think about it. Probably lumines as well.

Last edited:

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
I expected a bit worse. At least he tries (and ultimately fails) to defend his stance by bringing arguments to the table, not just saying "OMFGG t3H s00oxERzZ NGP lololo!!!!11"

LfCpS3

Master Poster
May 22, 2009
basically what he is saying:

NGP is crap because its a portable ps3

3DS is amazing because it has a 3d effect

rbrtchng

Forum Guru
Aug 25, 2006
So his first complaint was that the PSP is not portable focused because it's not a home console like the PS3?

What the heck?

I love this criticism:

"I don't just want 3G, I don't just want the dual analog sticks. I want these on the Nintendo handheld."

epic fanboy.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
Yea this was weak.

I'm the polar opposite of this kid. I wouldn't get the 3DS unless they knocked the price down to 120-150$ or Nintendo paid me money to do it. Preferably the last part.

3DS is weak and overpriced imo.

Itachi

Forum Sage
Nov 13, 2010
Winterfell
[QUOTE="LfCpS3, post: 5425546]basically what he is saying:

NGP is crap because its a portable ps3

3DS is amazing because it has a 3d effect[/QUOTE]

this!...plus he says i don't just want dual analog stick,i dont just want ps3 graphics, i dont just want 3g connectivity i want it all in a "nintendo" device this just proves that he is just a fanboy

[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5425674]So he wants all the features of the NGP but in a Nintendo device? lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then the 3DS would be about 300-350 bones. Do you really think your average handheld casual is going to fork out money like that for a device? I honestly think handhelds are split down the middle. Those that like cheap shovelware/nintendo brands on a cheap handheld and those that like high end games on their handheld/quality titles. Kind of like the current console market, just in handheld form. Popularity/low price versus high quality/average price. I have doubts on which one will sell more, and I also know which one will have better games.

Last edited:

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
Actually this is more or less the general opinion from the "glass half empty" point of view.

Anyway I didn't know Nintendo fanboys could be aggressive. wow. lmao

Last edited:

bobtheduck

Elite Guru
Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
[QUOTE="MjW, post: 5426401]Anyway I didn't know Nintendo fanboys could be aggressive. wow. lmao[/QUOTE]

Hi. Welcome to the internet. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Nintendo, Apple, and K-pop fans are among the most vicious in the world.

hood

Elite Member
Dec 2, 2005
I think this guy is completely wrong about the NGP portables are all about their software. Previous psp wasn't all that great because it didn't have good software (games, apps, whatever). Nintendo has the retro appeal and tons of games too keep that train rolling. I honestly believe that since the NPG has remote play, 3g, wifi and also features Sony's new Playstation S service there's alot of room for Sony to lay tracks of its own. When I think portable I want what I could get on a non portable on my portable. So for him to say its not a portable because its a PS3 that u can hold in your hands hes wrong. Personally I just think that Nintendo products are cheap thrills of yesteryear I remember when I brought a DS lite that lasted me 2 weeks before I ended up taking it back to the store. Also I don't think 3D has any real appeal 3d is a fad its nice at first but then your sort of get that eh...That's enough of that feeling.

Example...
PC=>Laptop=>Notebook=>Tablet=>Smart phone = Other handheld devices

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
His video was pathetic. His remarks "sounded" like they could be valid, but when you comprehend what he is saying he just makes himself sound like an idiot. My favourite line was "the NGP will never be a PS3, the games may look as PS3 equivelents, but theyll never have as much power as a home console" LOL. I wonder if he knows that the P in NGP stands for "portable". I laughed, it is just such a stupid thing to say. Will the 3DS have the power of a home console? It was just a lousy attempt to make himself feel better about an inferior portable whos only saving grace will be the 3D effect.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
Lol say what? Especially the part about basicly wanting everything the NGP has but just wants Nintendo name on it. Anyways just like the PSP and NDS cater to diff markets, so will NGP and 3DS. There will be those who buy both tho.

[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 5426616]Lol say what? Especially the part about basicly wanting everything the NGP has but just wants Nintendo name on it. Anyways just like the PSP and NDS cater to diff markets, so will NGP and 3DS. There will be those who buy both tho.[/QUOTE]

I retract my previous post explaining this video. :lol: It can be summed up in two words.

Nintendo Crybaby. DONE.

cpitt

Super Elite
Mar 14, 2007
www.youtube.com
I think NGP will be a winner, with the hard core crowd. In fact developers who attended a private meeting stated. That Sony themselves addressed that the first year target demographic was hardcore, followed by later on focusing on the hardcore and tweens.

It will be a slow burner like every Sony console, (ps3 despite being pricey, and had alot of cons, that would of dreamcasted other consoles, not only survived but thrived.),

And will take off when they hit the tween target their going to be after, because of the social aspects of it, (and i'm guessing that by the time they go after them, it will be after a price drop).

3ds seems cool and all, but NGP seems more like something that caters too my taste, since i prefer my ps3. its basically a portable playstation 3 on the go.

Another thing that will make NGP more appealing to tech whores and gamers alike, is the Playstation suite, which is a step in the right direction to the mobile app phenomenon that the psp lacked and the iphone drived on.

Which basically mean that, all the hot games that are mobile will also be available on the psp2, i'm talking about those free games, and 99 cent games that have become a stable in casual and hardcore mobile gamers.

And with NGP having and sharing tech that makes some of this games on playable on mobiel, Like for instance Subways shuffle i can only be fully experience on touchscreen. NGP will handle touch games, as well as motion, buttons, and if the developer so do chose too, will combine all the features, in one, were else can you get this type of gameplay.

Oh and seems like NGP will also add another gameplay not on another portable, Augmented reality gaming, i just hope the developers do something unique, but also add and polish what were used to already. Cant wait for an NGP. and who knows id probably check out a 3ds.

Games on are too my taste, the tech not so much. Oh and another while psn is not up to everyones taste, i'm sure its miles ahead of nintendo. But somehow nintendo never gets points off for that

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
Handheld 3D touch screen GameCube = Epic
Handheld large front screen & Back touch, motion sensing PS3 - lame
Yeah that makes sense :-|

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="cpitt, post: 5426719]I think NGP will be a winner, with the hard core crowd. In fact developers who attended a private meeting stated. That Sony themselves addressed that the first year target demographic was hardcore, followed by later on focusing on the hardcore and tweens.

It will be a slow burner like every Sony console, (ps3 despite being pricey, and had alot of cons, that would of dreamcasted other consoles, not only survived but thrived.),

And will take off when they hit the tween target their going to be after, because of the social aspects of it, (and i'm guessing that by the time they go after them, it will be after a price drop).

3ds seems cool and all, but NGP seems more like something that caters too my taste, since i prefer my ps3. its basically a portable playstation 3 on the go.

Another thing that will make NGP more appealing to tech whores and gamers alike, is the Playstation suite, which is a step in the right direction to the mobile app phenomenon that the psp lacked and the iphone drived on.

Which basically mean that, all the hot games that are mobile will also be available on the psp2, i'm talking about those free games, and 99 cent games that have become a stable in casual and hardcore mobile gamers.

And with NGP having and sharing tech that makes some of this games on playable on mobiel, Like for instance Subways shuffle i can only be fully experience on touchscreen. NGP will handle touch games, as well as motion, buttons, and if the developer so do chose too, will combine all the features, in one, were else can you get this type of gameplay.

Oh and seems like NGP will also add another gameplay not on another portable, Augmented reality gaming, i just hope the developers do something unique, but also add and polish what were used to already. Cant wait for an NGP. and who knows id probably check out a 3ds.

Games on are too my taste, the tech not so much. Oh and another while psn is not up to everyones taste, i'm sure its miles ahead of nintendo. But somehow nintendo never gets points off for that[/QUOTE]
Agreed to a certain extent. I think the tech whore that I am, MUST have this on launch day... no question about it. The small games that are usually associated with the phones and ipods, etc., aren't going to be something that makes the PSP2 something to buy for me. I have a phone that handles that. Those games rarely get more than a few mins at a time being played, so taking out the PSP2, will be a something as an afterthought seeing as I always have my phone with me. It's like when I had an ipod touch, that had a place for the little games and such, since my blackberry didn't provide that for me. Once I got the android phone, there wasn't any need for having both devices; a phone and a touch.

Make no mistake about my intentions though, I fully intend to get the PSP2, waiting in line at launch if need be. If they can bring the software support of the PS3 exclusives, and put them in my hand at a reasonable cost, or no cost at all if buying the PS3 version, then this thing will have the legs that the PSP starting wilting on.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
ok so I actually watched the video this time round. and tbh I understand what he is saying. its his opinion and if he thinks it seems a little dull, then fair enough. most of my excitement for the device is the ****ing ridunkulous (yeah i used ridunkulous :snicker) specs. other than that not so much. if specs and such are not your thing, then i can et why you wouldn't be hyped.

ex nihilo7

Master Poster
Nov 13, 2006
I just want to play my pokemons and zeldas and marios! Do you suppose the NGP could emulate the 3ds games in 2d ;)? :lol:

I skipped out on last generations portables. I think I might get both the 3ds and NGP. 3ds for my birthday/graduation gift with a copy of pokemon white or black perhaps.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
[QUOTE="ex nihilo7, post: 5427398]I just want to play my pokemons and zeldas and marios! Do you suppose the NGP could emulate the 3ds games in 2d ;)? :lol:

I skipped out on last generations portables. I think I might get both the 3ds and NGP. 3ds for my birthday/graduation gift with a copy of pokemon white or black perhaps.[/QUOTE]

It might be easier than you think.

Both platforms are using ARM CPU's, the only big difference is their GPU. PICA200 vs. SGX

I'm sure some clever people out there could formulate a way to do that..

ex nihilo7

Master Poster
Nov 13, 2006
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 5427413]It might be easier than you think.

Both platforms are using ARM CPU's, the only big difference is their GPU. PICA200 vs. SGX

I'm sure some clever people out there could formulate a way to do that..[/QUOTE]

I wasn't even thinking about both platforms using ARM CPU's. ARM is the largest manufacturer of CPUs, so it would make sense both are using some flavor of it.