The Official I got a PS3 Slim topic!

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="Daggers21, post: 0]aw........ it does not come out until spetember 1[/quote]

I guess its unofficial than :p

Aug 12, 2009
I did, but my games aren't here yet. I ordered
at Gamestop.com first but there credit card system was overloaded and woulnt let mine past the verify page. I then preorder at BestBuy.com who gave me an ETA of the 24th and then slapped me with a 1-2 weeks backordered order. My games already shipped from BestBuy.com but so I couldn't cancel that. I preordered my PS3 slim at a Gamestop and I have it now, buy no games and PSN is down for maintenance.

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="Daggers21, post: 0]wait preorders get them today but they are only out in stores on spet 1[/quote]

But people got them that's the point.

[QUOTE="Twig978, post: 0]I did, but my games aren't here yet. I ordered
at Gamestop.com first but there credit card system was overloaded and woulnt let mine past the verify page. I then preorder at BestBuy.com who gave me an ETA of the 24th and then slapped me with a 1-2 weeks backordered order. My games already shipped from BestBuy.com but so I couldn't cancel that. I preordered my PS3 slim at a Gamestop and I have it now, buy no games and PSN is down for maintenance.[/quote]

Nice what games you get?

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
Got mine...

It's a lot nicer in person that it is in pictures. The weight difference is VERY noticeable. I already changed out the HDD and it was a LOT easier than it was with the other PS3 version. Up on the TV stand next to the roommates PS3 the Slim looks pretty tiny. When I replaced the HDD and restarted the console it asked for a USB drive with firmware 2.76 or later on it, which to me sounds like it comes with 2.76 loaded on it instead of 2.8 or 3.0 (didn't expect that anyways since Sony said it would be out Sept. 1).

Overall I'm really happy with the purchase. Here's 2 quick pics. Would have taken more but was too anxious to get it set up.

And I'm uploading a video of the new XMB entrance, it's just a little different.

R

Rapture

I want to hear how hot this thing gets, and how loud it is after hours of play. That's my main concern.

So for those who do have one, please tell when you know yourself.

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
Thanks for the impressions and pics ttech10.:D

[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 0]I want to hear how hot this thing gets, and how loud it is after hours of play. That's my main concern.

So for those who do have one, please tell when you know yourself.[/quote]

So far people who got it in GAF and the Official PS forums says its really quiet.

Aug 12, 2009
I haven't played any games put I downloaded nongame/PSN things like 2.80 and Life with PlayStation aka Folding @ Home. The system is pretty quite and cool. The box is so much smaller.

R

Rapture

[QUOTE="ttech10, post: 0]I'm playing Batman right now and once I've played a while I'll mute and check.[/quote]

Much appreciation from me and the rest of the forum, I'm sure. :)

Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Loudninja, post: 0]But people got them that's the point.

Nice what games you get?[/quote]
Killzone 2, MGS4, and 2x $20 PSN cards. They charged me $10 for shipping per PSN card, and they shipped them all in one box. Those *******s. I like that it's in one box, I dont like that they charged me $20 for shipping two paper thin cards that they put in the box that they charged me
individual shipping on.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="ttech10, post: 0]Got mine...

It's a lot nicer in person that it is in pictures. The weight difference is VERY noticeable. I already changed out the HDD and it was a LOT easier than it was with the other PS3 version. Up on the TV stand next to the roommates PS3 the Slim looks pretty tiny. When I replaced the HDD and restarted the console it asked for a USB drive with firmware 2.76 or later on it, which to me sounds like it comes with 2.76 loaded on it instead of 2.8 or 3.0 (didn't expect that anyways since Sony said it would be out Sept. 1).

Overall I'm really happy with the purchase. Here's 2 quick pics. Would have taken more but was too anxious to get it set up.

And I'm uploading a video of the new XMB entrance, it's just a little different.[/quote]
Aww I wanted to rep you for the pics but apparently I repped you recently so it won't let me.

(don't you hate when people tell you this? It's almost like saying, "Aww man, I was gonna give you 500 billion dollars but your bank was closed today, so I decided to tell you about it so you feel happy and sad at the same time and I'll probably not remember to deposit it once the bank is open.")

Don't worry, I will rep you once I can :D

Interesting bits from the pictures, you can see "Sony" easier on the Slim than the old PS3. Also the depressable buttons don't look that cheap...are they metallic or plastic? Could you take more pictures of the buttons if possible later on?

Those pictures definitely make me feel more positive towards a Slim. I'm still keeping my 60GB for now but I'm happy that I won't get something crappy once I need to sell it.

I know how the old PS3 is more sleek but what I love about the Slim is that it's more like the PS2, you can abuse it all you want and it'll still look good. You can't do that with the fat PS3, it will catch smudges and scratches. I don't abuse my electronics but I don't worship them either...I don't like to clean them normally so Slim is looking like something you'd have fun with, rather than obsess with.

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="Twig978, post: 0]Killzone 2, MGS4, and 2x $20 PSN cards. They charged me $10 for shipping per PSN card, and they shipped them all in one box. Those *******s. I like that it's in one box, I dont like that they charged me $20 for shipping two paper thin cards that they put in the box that they charged me
individual shipping on.[/quote]

Yeah that really high shipping for those cards,I got mine for Bestbuy free shipping.Greta picks on the games though.

Nikoado

Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2009
Ireland
Gamestop selling SLIM NOW!

While picking up a copy of Batman Arkham Asylam at GameStop, i notice someone in front of me purchasing a PS3 Slim. When I ask The manager about this, he said they came in today and they have Sony blessing to sell them Apparently Sony, hearing of Microsoft''s rumor price drop which was slated to happen 09-01-2009, the original PS3 Slim release date, deiced to release the slim 5 days early. So if you Pre-Order the PS3 Slim at Game Stop you can pick it up today.

source

Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Loudninja, post: 0]Yeah that really high shipping for those cards,I got mine for Bestbuy free shipping.Greta picks on the games though.[/quote]
I did 2 day shipping, but I doubt that made a difference though. Right now I'm watching CNBC because I have no games to play, get here now UPS! Good news though, the consumer confidence report beat estimates, Ben Bernanke is staying as the Federal Chairman, and the Dow is up a bit.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]Aww I wanted to rep you for the pics but apparently I repped you recently so it won't let me.

(don't you hate when people tell you this? It's almost like saying, "Aww man, I was gonna give you 500 billion dollars but your bank was closed today, so I decided to tell you about it so you feel happy and sad at the same time and I'll probably not remember to deposit it once the bank is open.")

Don't worry, I will rep you once I can :D

Interesting bits from the pictures, you can see "Sony" easier on the Slim than the old PS3. Also the depressable buttons don't look that cheap...are they metallic or plastic? Could you take more pictures of the buttons if possible later on?

Those pictures definitely make me feel more positive towards a Slim. I'm still keeping my 60GB for now but I'm happy that I won't get something crappy once I need to sell it.

I know how the old PS3 is more sleek but what I love about the Slim is that it's more like the PS2, you can abuse it all you want and it'll still look good. You can't do that with the fat PS3, it will catch smudges and scratches. I don't abuse my electronics but I don't worship them either...I don't like to clean them normally so Slim is looking like something you'd have fun with, rather than obsess with.[/quote]

Haha, yea, it's fine.

Like I said, it's definitely better looking in person that it is from pictures. When I first saw pictures of it I didn't like the look too much, but as of now I've had a few friends see it and like how it looks.

As for heat/sound... it's pretty much dead quiet (had to mute everything and put an ear about 1 foot away before I could slightly hear anything). After about an hour of intense gaming the console is just a little warm. You can't hear anything really from the BR drive either (at least I haven't noticed anything).

toallyrocks

Superior Member
Sep 22, 2006
San Diego
[QUOTE="Twig978, post: 0]I did 2 day shipping, but I doubt that made a difference though. Right now I'm watching CNBC because I have no games to play, get here now UPS! Good news though, the consumer confidence report beat estimates, Ben Bernanke is staying as the Federal Chairman, and the Dow is up a bit.[/quote]

You r funny man. Congratulation!

May 20, 2007
I'm putting my save files on memory stick. I just picked mine up at Gamestop a couple hours ago. Once I'm finished with this task, I will plug it in.

Dec 19, 2006
Seeing them side by side like that, I think the slim looks pretty cool. I still think the OG PS3 looks nicer but I thought the slim was, frankly, horrible when I first saw it. Glad to say that there it does look pretty smart.

[QUOTE="Twig978, post: 0]They charged me $10 for shipping per PSN card[/quote]

Wha'!? Why did you even accept that? That's ****ing outrageous!

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="ttech10, post: 0]Haha, yea, it's fine.

Like I said, it's definitely better looking in person that it is from pictures. When I first saw pictures of it I didn't like the look too much, but as of now I've had a few friends see it and like how it looks.

As for heat/sound... it's pretty much dead quiet (had to mute everything and put an ear about 1 foot away before I could slightly hear anything). After about an hour of intense gaming the console is just a little warm. You can't hear anything really from the BR drive either (at least I haven't noticed anything).[/quote]

Nice, but then again, I remember I had to do the same for my 60GB unit. It's still that quiet sometimes but mostly it's not. But I can tell that they made it significantly efficient.

This is for ALL Slim owners currently and in the future. PLEASE keep us updated about how the BR drive is on the Slims. There are concerns and we'd like to know if they're just as good, better or worse. Thanks.

May 20, 2007
Alright, I'm at the FF 13 Demo opening video (still region free). The thing is freakin quiet and not heating up too much so far like my 60 GB did.

Dec 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]Nice, but then again, I remember I had to do the same for my 60GB unit. It's still that quiet sometimes but mostly it's not. But I can tell that they made it significantly efficient.

This is for ALL Slim owners currently and in the future. PLEASE keep us updated about how the BR drive is on the Slims. There are concerns and we'd like to know if they're just as good, better or worse. Thanks.[/quote]

I really trust all PS3's to run cool and quiet from now on. The newer 80GB models just whisper for hours on end, I don't expect the slim to be any different.

What are these "concerns" about the Bluray drive in the slim?

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="Metal Militia, post: 0]I really trust all PS3's to run cool and quiet from now on. The newer 80GB models just whisper for hours on end, I don't expect the slim to be any different.

What are these "concerns" about the Bluray drive in the slim?[/quote]
It's a rumor about Sony using cheap BR drives in the Slim. However, I don't personally think that to be true because it doesn't make sense...they could've put cheap BR drives in the older versions to save money back when they really did need to save...so why now?

Things are finally looking up for Sony to go with quality so why would they throw that away now?

But still, I'm just curious.

adzzz man

Forum Elder
Apr 16, 2008
my ps3 just died and if sony ask me to pay £150 for a replacement i might go for this. can someone tell me the diffrences please