The Official I got a PS3 Slim topic!

To.Ken

Superior Member
Sep 6, 2007
Picked mine up at Best Buy (Canada) tonight. The unit is pretty small and very quiet. The leds are mounted horizontaly and face upwards and are difficult to see in my mounting arrangement. The unit got alot hotter than I was expecting though after a few hours of COD4. The back of the unit was almost as hot as my 20GB PS3 and the top was getting hot as well. Still its a nice unit. I just wish they had backwards compatibiliy like my 20GB unit. I will do some more testing tommorow to see how it holds up.

phil_75

Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2009
DERBY
[QUOTE="aphxtwinin, post: 0]thats the first thing i did, i cant find anything that could be causing it to not make the keytone. i even reset my receiver and nothing[/quote]

Have you got sound going through optical instead of HDMI or vice versa?

Any news on UK slims coming out before 1st!

Nikoado

Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2009
Ireland
The fellow who tipped us off to the proposed price of the PS3 Slim in South Africa, Marthinus Versfeld from Kalahari.net, has posted another tweet regarding the price for which the online retailer will be offering the slimmer, lighter, 120GB hard-drive wielding PS3. Yesterday, Versfeld said that while the recommended retail price for the PS3 Slim in South Africa is R3799, Kalahari.net would beat that price, and they have, but only just.
You can pre-order the PS3 Slim from the online retailer for R3699.95, which shaves R100 off the RRP.
Not bad, but as was brought up yesterday, gamers overseas will still be paying between R1200 and R500 less than their South African counterparts.
Good news for South Africans, but only a small reduction in price.

source

Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="PoonDaddy, post: 0]Whoa, did I see the power and eject buttons glowing in that video!?

Frick-Awesome![/quote]
There's a light behind the buttons that make it "glow" when the PS3 is turned on.

Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="waytansea27, post: 0]I got mine! I pre-ordered it from GameStop. The lady there said they only got 3 in, 2 were pre-ordered and the other was sold before 1pm, when I picked mine up. People are going to try and get it on the 1st, the official street date, and they're gonna be sold out already, haha, that sucks.[/quote]
Yeah my GS only had 3 too. That's such as small number amount considering I've seen Best Buy pics with bunches. They will have new shipments by Sept 1st.

cpitt

Super Elite
Mar 14, 2007
www.youtube.com
Did anyone get the impression that the xmb loads up faster when ever your scrolling to different sections, hasnt it been announced that its using a more refined cell chip.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="restored_lost, post: 0]mines really quiet but gets pretty hot after an hour or two, iuno i think im not letting it vent well enough.[/quote]

Mine hasn't really gotten hot yet.

The top of it (mainly near the back) gets warm and the air being blown out is a little more warm, somewhat between hot and warm... but it's nothing compared to the old PS3's.

Daggers21

Super Elite
Jul 24, 2008
Canada, Newfoundland
[QUOTE="ttech10, post: 0]Mine hasn't really gotten hot yet.

The top of it (mainly near the back) gets warm and the air being blown out is a little more warm, somewhat between hot and warm... but it's nothing compared to the old PS3's.[/quote]
check out the bottom of it, thats the only spot where mine gets hot

J

JakeM

Mine's not loud but I can definitely hear the fan from 4 feet away. I can hear the fan when I pause a game. And it's definitely not quiet. Is this normal for you to be able to hear it from 4 feet away?

I just got my first PS3 so I'm not sure if that's normal.

Aug 12, 2009
I can't hear the PS3 fan, even when the game I paused and I'm 5 feet away from the screen. I have to put my head close to it to hear it. Where is your PS3? Does it have adaquate air space?

J

JakeM

[QUOTE="Twig978, post: 0]I can't hear the PS3 fan, even when the game I paused and I'm 5 feet away from the screen. I have to put my head close to it to hear it. Where is your PS3? Does it have adaquate air space?[/quote]

Yes it has plenty of space. But it is upstairs and it's pretty humid upstairs.

Do you think if I move the PS3 downstairs, it won't be as loud?

Feb 28, 2007
www.myspace.com
I'll might pic one up late next week or the week after depending on reviews from other people. One thing that is disappointing about gamestop is that they get the system first but their extended warrenty is only one year. If I wait and pick it up at best buy, I can get a 2 year warrenty for the same price. With my horrible luck with ps3's, I think I'll wait for best buy to get them. Slim owners, keep the first impressions comming.

Silverthorn

Superior Member
Jan 7, 2006
Picked up the new PS3 on Tuesday at Bestbuy. I went in to pick up Batman Asylum and there it is was staring me in the face. I didn't expect it to show up until September. I couldn't resist, instant impulse buy.

So far I love it. A lot lighter and quieter then my original 60gig. I've moved that one to another room, so no more fighting over the TV. :)

Now I need to copy the saved games over. Hopefully that will be straight forward.

Wasib

Super Elite
Feb 2, 2007
[QUOTE="Nikoado, post: 0]Have you guys seen this yet

Its a nice touch.:cool:[/quote]

Thanks for that; Once again thanks and + rep.

-if you want to discuss an action that i took, do it in PM and NOT in a post. - CUGUY

Jacksbak

Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2007
[QUOTE="UB40, post: 0]I ordered one today for my niece. I'm such a good uncle :p[/quote]

Hey my favourite uncle, wheres mine?

haha... yea i have ordered the slim and im giving my old one to my brother :)

phil_75

Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2009
DERBY
[QUOTE="UB40, post: 0]I ordered one today for my niece. I'm such a good uncle :p[/quote]

Hi, Uncle, I have moved house, PM me for my new address to send it to!

Love you

Bye!

Argh i want one as well, but Sony Singapore is slow as usual.

Heard it from my local game shop owner and she says that Sony is only releasing PS3 Slim in my country at end of September.... >_>

And i sold my 80gb PS3 fat last week (bought it last month, feel cheated and sell it away) as well, and now i gotta wait another whole month to get my hands on it....no PS3 for me now, so playing my PC and 360 games currently =((

My life feels not complete without a PS3 LOL... I still have my old original 60gb PS3 though, but it's spoiled (YLOD). :sleep:

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="pirulee, post: 0]I'll get mine in my hands tomorrow. It arrived yesterday to Costa Rica![/quote]
I bet you were one of the most happy people on this forum to learn about the "likely more reliable" Slim.

sorrow880

Forum Guru
Mar 18, 2007
www.myspace.com
I just got my ps3 slim today from Best Buy...the gal told me they were selling pretty well.

I'm loving it...It runs super quiet and really, really cool. No longer feels like I have a heater in my bedroom!:D