The Official "Show your recent purchases" Thread

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Looks like we've lost this one with the forum transition so... REVIVAL TIME!
Title says it all. Bought something? Spam it here ;)

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Here's my list of recent purchases!

A few additions for my Vita Collection

LIMITED RUN #27: STEALTH INC. ULTIMATE EDITION

LIMITED RUN #43: RUNNER2

LIMITED RUN #45: NOVA-111

LIMITED RUN #87: MECHO TALES DEVELOPER EDITION

PC Collector's Edition of Lord of the Rings - War in the North - for my collection

Horizon Zero Dawn White Vinyl Edition box set

Steelseries Rival 600

Telltale - Batman: The Enemy Within (PS4)

L.A. Noire (2017 Remaster) Guide

The Nightmare Before Christmas T-Shirt

The Last of Us - Fireflies Logo T-Shirt

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Just ordered these. Needed to find something for my vinyls to properly store them apart from the collection - can use the little space it opens up for other stuff.
SO..

A storage box for my vinyls and the best part is that it's easily expandable by buying more and just putting'm together :p

While I'm at it, I also ordered the Interstellar OST :D

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
yessuh[/QUOTE]
Sick TV last year I got LG 4K HDR and all the trimmings

TCL 6 Series 4K HDR '55 TV

Super hyped! It's such a great TV. So glad I waited instead of getting the last year model. This one is better than last years model and packed with a few more goodies.

#yessuh
That is a sick TV I got an LG 49" or inches 4K UHD and all the trimmings last year

Sep 29, 2020
Recently purchased WORX WG779 Cordless walk behind mower for my lawn it's the best one for small lawns. It has many features, 3-cutting height manual adjustments, Easily accessible on/off button on the lever, Mows up to 5,500 sq. ft on a single charge, Includes dual Port charger with battery power level indicators. I'm happy to have it because it eases my work.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
The rest of the gear came. Went for a bike ride wearing the bas layer from the previous post as well and was toasty warm, maybe a little too warm.

The windproof is in the bag near the neck of the fleece it packs away nice inside one of its own pockets.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Here's my latest purchases:

(Samsung Galaxy Tab A7, I got it for about $35 off in the end of the year sale, not much, but it's something)

(Deltaco TB-631 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard, I put the pen there for size comparison. This was only about $20, I hope it's ok. It works with Android, iOS and Windows)

(Both of them together)

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Wireless headphones
Sony WI-C310 £30

Magnetic buds. Bluetooth 5 compatible.
So far so good, I'm not expecting amazing sound quality for this price I just needed some for listening to music when cycling or in car plus using phone for navigation and even ASMR type stuff when in bed trying to sleep.
1 downside I have noticed is the volume buttons: up is at the bottom and down is at the top when wearing them I thought I was wearing them wrong but nope it's all orientated correct.

I did have a pair of Sony wired headphones from an old Walkman I was using but after about 25 years they finally stopped working last night.

Last edited:

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
Bought this lot a couple weeks ago but started installing it last week and this week.

4 off 4'6" concrete posts
6 off 6'x1' concrete boards
10 bags of post mix

Hit some snags digging the hole for the 3rd post, big thick stone and concrete so had to break it using my SDS to drill 12mm holes then change to chisels to break it, It worked but boy was it struggling it's only a 700watt which is more meant for drilling holes than breaking concrete and stone.
Due to that it took all day to dig that 1 hole, felt like wasted day to be honest. After that it just rained and rained and rained it
Wasn't until yesterday could get back to it.
So finally got the post installed and the concrete boards and today demolished the rest of the retaining wall and levelled off the ground ready to dig the next hole.

That postmix/post create is crazy it bubbles loads when tip it into the water and literally takes 5 mins before it's thick enough for the post to stand up itself. I was surprised.

Digging the hole behind the shed was a real back breaker no space to get proper angles.

That old wall is now gone ready for next stage.

The finished product. Not too bad took longer than a pro doing it but at least its straight and level.

With next doors fence being unlevel makes my job look wonky

Last edited:

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
DT Swiss G 1800 front wheel.

Went for a ride earlier in the month and noticed my front wheel felt off. Did no hands to stretch my back a little and the handle bars wobbled bad. So when I got back home I investigated.
I stripped the wheel down and found the bearings were full of dirt and rust so cleaned it all off, but the bearings were worn, they had pitting on them and not only that the cups in the wheel were also full of rust and pits and no amount of cleaning removed it.
It's easy enough to replace bearings and cones but the cups are another matter since they are often glued into the wheel. I asked a couple of bike shops and they said be easier and quicker to buy a new wheel.

So that's what I did. I did want to get both a front and a back, but nowhere seems to sell them as a pair in 700c size.

At least I can go back out riding now.
So now keeping a lookout for the rears to come back in stock so I can have a matching pair.

Also needed some grease and a 6 bolt to center lock adapter, the wheel does come with its own but in my opinion its crap so bought a shimano one which is way better.

Last edited: