The One great part of MGS4 that's not getting talked about. Spoilers!

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
The score. Harry Gregson-Williams put together his possibly best score since Kingdom of Heaven to me. From the catchy acoustic guitar theme for old snake, to the Clint Eastwood western like music at the end with Big Boss and Snake, to the high tempo theme (the one that plays when you quit game and see the highlight screen for the game). Dude kicked azz on this one.

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
I agree. I have the whole entire OST downloaded onto my PC, as well as the full OST from the limited edition. :) I also bought the MGS2 soundtrack on eBay... Harry-Gregson Williams is a brilliant composer, and I hope he continues his work in future Metal Gear Solid games.

Oct 15, 2007
Yeah I totally agree, the music did a really good job of setting up the emotional impact of the story. Some people were dissapointed that the original MGS theme wasn't in the game, but it didn't bother me as the score was awesome.

Feb 2, 2007
The music was superb....Soundtrack was superbly chosen and really made the scenes and gameplay more dramatic...Loved the decision to play the songs down the years at the final battle....

PS....Speaking of the music, you guys couldn't tell me the name of the song at the beginning of ACT4 could you? I'd look for it myself, but i've lent the game to my brother in law.

Alpha

Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2006
I really enjoyed the guitar in the South American section. Just finished that section last night, so looking forward to hearing the other scores.

A

astrozombie

I am actually listening to the OST that came with the limited edition there is really nothing wrong with this game.

Dec 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Shader, post: 0]Yeah I totally agree, the music did a really good job of setting up the emotional impact of the story. Some people were dissapointed that the original MGS theme wasn't in the game, but it didn't bother me as the score was awesome.[/quote]

Can't you get it for the i-pod?

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
The score is amazing. I downloaded the soundtrack (i know, sorry) and it is AWESOME. So many good bits of tunage. Father and Son, aswell as Metal Gear Saga, and Here's to you...They're probably my favourite.

But they're all awesome!

And yeah you can find The Best is Yet to Come for the iPod in-game. It's just through the door before Otacon tells you to change discs.

Dark_Light

Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2007
The soundtrack was great all the way through, my favorite theme had to be when you were fighting Screaming Mantis, I always play that theme while playing MGO. It's great.

T

TwentyThree

couldnt agree more with you guys... they definitely out did themselves in the music department.. gave it this cinematic feel to it.

shinigamiboy

Superior Member
Apr 9, 2007
How many tracks does harry gregson williams compose anyway?
I remember in previous games he didnt do that many, he also got alot of praise for work he didnt do. Everyone was like saying how great this track or that track sunded like when he didnt even compse it.

However,I do believe that he took a bigger role in this series finale, but just want to know how mow much he took part in this game.

[QUOTE="Metal Militia, post: 0]Can't you get it for the i-pod?[/quote]
you can get it for i-pod, but its not really the same thing.
Since it is end of mgs series, and re even revisited shadow moses, some people including me wanted the theme tune to atleast pop up any time in the game.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
The score for this game is very much Zimmer-esque.

As quite clearly it should be given that Henry-Gregson Williams tutored under Hans Zimmer. It clearly reflects upon his composition of music.

Artanoma

Superior Member
Feb 28, 2008
I have the LE as well, but all i got was a Blu-Ray Making of disc, no soundtrack. Or am I missing something?

OP : Music = awesome.

Aug 22, 2007
if i am right the song title your talking about is named the "love theme" it is the best one on there. later i will play it and find out. but, i think it's called that

Dec 21, 2007
Truly some of the most beautiful music ever made, and it happen to be in my favorite game of all time! what more can you want from that game,

ONE MORE THING people dont talk about is

The part where Akiba turns out to be that guy that meryl smashes in MGS1 after the darpa cheif dies lol