The Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

SolidSnake

Apprentice
Sep 9, 2015
This is embarassing, England out as the host nation befor the knockout stage.

The only good part is they do not have far to travel home.

Sekhmet

Superior Member
Apr 12, 2015
Gotham.
[QUOTE="SolidSnake, post: 6479762]This is embarassing, England out as the host nation befor the knockout stage.

The only good part is they do not have far to travel home.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Quite an embarrassing performance. A good solid performance would have made the game a lot closer or beaten Australia. They made so many mistakes (Maybe the pressure of being the hosts was too much, who knows) Oh well, Italy and All blacks, all the way for me then. :)

Last edited:

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
England made life hard for themselves losing to Wales. The Aus match was always going to be an uphill battle, if they dug deeper and held the welsh back this result wouldn't have bothered them all that much tbh..... assuming of course they got a better point differential. Aus thoroughly handed England some humble pie.

I guess that leaves Fiji to pick up the pieces. COME ON FIJI!!! :snicker

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
The AB's just demolished France.... I think this tournament is going down to New Zealand, South Africa, or Australia. Kinda hard to see anybody beating them atm. SA have that embarrassing loss to Japan to make up for also.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Oddly reminiscent of Johan Lomu is Julian Savea, ran through 3 French defenders on his way to three tries.

[video=youtube;5_8KKUdr6SY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8KKUdr6SY[/video]

[video=youtube;aNbQuRXD6yA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbQuRXD6yA[/video]

NZ definitely are the team to beat.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Australia technically lost to Scotland. If the ref hadn't given that rather dodgy penalty, aus would be making their way back home :p

Having said that, there is a bit of irony with the last 4 teams. The Rugby Championship this year was cut short so that the tournament could end before the World Cup... Yet the Rugby Championship is all that remains, they should have just bundled both together :snicker

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Well, will be a familiar set of teams we will be playing, if we can get past South Africa, it wont matter who we play after.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
Bowing out to the old foe is a hell of a lot better than the media hype that would've been had we done so against the French. Again.

Still, backing the boys this Sunday! :D Let's hope the Argies can take out the Aussies.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Admartian, post: 6482555]Bowing out to the old foe is a hell of a lot better than the media hype that would've been had we done so against the French. Again.

Still, backing the boys this Sunday! :D Let's hope the Argies can take out the Aussies.[/QUOTE]

That would be some form of justice then.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
It was clear it was the wrong call on first replay.
Now in saying that, still a scrum to Aus, who knows what would have happened, but yeah, after all the bullshit call in other games, the fact that the TV ref didn't put their ten cents in is ridiculous in such and important match.

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="JordieDAFC, post: 6482561]And they've come out and said it was the wrong call.......................Makes us feel so much better......[/QUOTE]

I was going to say as if Scotland don't feel robbed enough already!

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
IGN reviewed this years Rugby World Cup game, there's a little bit at the begging of the piece that i think they regret saying now :snicker

[video=youtube;-eFI6EP2sJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eFI6EP2sJw[/video]

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
Aussies never really looked like winning only coming back when we had 14. Would have been 34-3 if we hadn't been a man down.

Well done All Blacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk