The Rumour Mill/Football Transfer Thread

Jun 15, 2008
With the summer window coming up and the WC showing off a lot of the young talent like Ozil, Marin, Elia, Neymar, Di Maria etc there will already be a lot of unfounded rumours and "done deals" that actually dont end up happening. This is the thread for all that gossip and murmurs to be posted. Also a place to ask about some of the players your team is linked to and see the opinions of others. Rather would use a seperate thread for all the talk like this than the one thats stickied because of lack of activity, just wipe this one out once the window ends.

PS: Dont have another Football/Soccer argument please.

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="TommyFewty, post: 0]With the summer window coming up and the WC showing off a lot of the young talent like Ozil, Marin, Elia, Neymar, Di Maria etc there will already be a lot of unfounded rumours and "done deals" that actually dont end up happening. This is the thread for all that gossip and murmurs to be posted. Also a place to ask about some of the players your team is linked to and see the opinions of others. Rather would use a seperate thread for all the talk like this than the one thats stickied because of lack of activity, just wipe this one out once the window ends.

PS: Dont have another Football/Soccer argument please.[/quote]

Theres no argument, it's association football, fact. :snicker

bayster

Master Poster
Dec 30, 2005
spurs need to get fourth. Because city is a sleeping giant in my eyes. Anyway I'm hoping barca will get 1 or 2 great new players or at least consistently good players that always hit target.

Nov 11, 2007
Bournemouth
Hopefully Rafa has as bit of mulah to spend and gets rid of some dross at the same time.

Can see Modric going but don't know where, probs United.

Be interesting to see how much Fergie gets to spend and how Giggs/Scholes/Neville do next season if still around.

Aguero to Chelsea seems pretty much sealed up to me.

David Villa? Barca or Madrid is my guess.

And the most important of em all.... Rhoys Wiggings & Steve Lovell to Afc Bournemouth :p

zoidy84

Forum Elder
Feb 3, 2009
Plymouth, UK
nope, i do however think Rafa is a gonna, i for one will be glad as he's almost as deluded as Wenger!

Not only that, he and Mancini guaranteed 4th place and Rafa certainly ain't going to get it, so if he is any sort of man he should walk!

Big articles on City in both the Expres & The Mail ahead of the City & Spurs game tomorrow.

There just comparing how getting 4th would benefit both teams. Of course there is the usual Torres to City rumour with a tag of £70M next to it. Personally as a City fan I would love Torres but please, please do not write a number on that cheque bigger than £40M.

Theres also mention of a conversation held when Hughes was in charge at City. He was asked by the owners what would it take to get Rooney. His reply was no less than £50M with £200K a week in wages. I think it would be a little more than that nowadays though. Apparently the Sheikh was not flustered and said that it is a conversation that will be discussed again in the future. As they say; Once a Blue, always a Blue.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 0]If Rooney goes to City I will eat my own pubic hair and post a video for your enjoyment.[/quote]

Even if that theoretically happens in 10 years? :lol:

bigdec

Dedicated Member
Dec 9, 2008
Salford
[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 0]Even if that theoretically happens in 10 years? :lol:[/quote]
If so, I will do it, he'll never go to City, be realistic, wouldn't mind United to get Modric and Berba out but I think we'll end up keeping berba

bigdec

Dedicated Member
Dec 9, 2008
Salford
[QUOTE="Danny2304, post: 0]Isnt he ok 120k a week :lol:[/quote]
He said he'd take a major pay cut to stay at United, so no he isn't

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="Suley, post: 0]Joe Hart to Birmingham City permanently.. well atleast I hope he does.[/quote]

I hope he comes to Arsenal.

My "realistic" wishlist:

1) Marouane Chamakh (confirmed pretty much)
2) Joe Hart
3) Lassana Diarra

If Wenger can get the last two as well I will be quite happy. :)

bigdec

Dedicated Member
Dec 9, 2008
Salford
[QUOTE="Suley, post: 0]Joe Hart to Birmingham City permanently.. well atleast I hope he does.[/quote]
City will most likely keep him now unless they get Buffon

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 0]Yeah, Rooney isn't a money hungry *blip* like Tevez.[/quote]
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:no

bigdec

Dedicated Member
Dec 9, 2008
Salford
[QUOTE="squirrelbo1, post: 0]:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:no[/quote]
Why the head shaking emotion? Hes not, considering he'd take a pay cut to stay at United, I don't see how that is a money grabbing player

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="bigdec, post: 0]Why the head shaking emotion? Hes not, considering he'd take a pay cut to stay at United, I don't see how that is a money grabbing player[/quote]

it was aimed more at the "like tevez" part. tevez left becuase you wouldnt pay his transfer fee. yet you spent ****loads on berba. how many goals has tevez got this year !? then look at how many berba got.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="squirrelbo1, post: 0]it was aimed more at the "like tevez" part. tevez left becuase you wouldnt pay his transfer fee. yet you spent ****loads on berba. how many goals has tevez got this year !? then look at how many berba got.[/quote]

That's not true at all. United came to an agreement with the organization who had his rights and offered him a 5-year deal that would have made him the player who made the most at United and he rejected it. That's how it went down. I remember because I was the biggest Tevez fan.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]Thanks Squirrel.

Erm.

City to buy Bale.[/quote]
:lol:. Do you think Bale will want no champions league when he put in an amazing season to get Spurs into it?

Spurs won't be selling any of their major players, and their major players wont want to get anywhere.

Stephen Ireland has admitted he is unsure of his long-term future at Manchester City.

The 23-year-old's career at City has been the subject of conjecture after failing to hold down a place in Roberto Mancini's plans.

Ireland has completed 90 minutes for City only twice since Mancini replaced Mark Hughes in December.

Skysports.com understands Liverpool are one of a number of clubs monitoring Ireland's situation at Eastlands and the talented midfielder admits there are doubts over his future.

"There is a question mark over next year for me," Ireland told the Manchester Evening News.

Difficult year

"I don't know what will happen. I am contracted to City and all I can do is carry on doing my job and performing well when I am called upon.

"If anything changes during the summer it will be down to the club, not me."

Ireland admits he has been frustrated with his lack of regular action this season

"It has been a difficult year because I care so much about my job," added Ireland.

"I care about my game and about the club but there is a lot of frustration bottled up because I have not played as much as I would have liked."
Ireland to Liverpool. Mancini's a fool for not playing arguably their best player this year.