The Rumour Mill/Football Transfer Thread

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 0]Ireland is also rumored to go to Man United, but I'm not sure if he would get so much starts here so Liverpool might be a better fit.[/quote]

He'll get at least half a season with Aquilani in midfield :lol:.

Suley

Elite Guru
Apr 9, 2009
Hertfordshire
[QUOTE="bigdec, post: 0]City will most likely keep him now unless they get Buffon[/quote]
But they've got Given!! I reckon Hart will leave.. hopefully he'll stick with Blues.

zoidy84

Forum Elder
Feb 3, 2009
Plymouth, UK
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]Thanks Squirrel.

Erm.

City to buy Bale.[/quote]

nah i think he'll want to stay at a club with some ambition and champions league football!

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="Suley, post: 0]But they've got Given!! I reckon Hart will leave.. hopefully he'll stick with Blues.[/quote]

I'd like to see Hart at Arsenal, hell knows they need a new goalkeeper, plus Hart will benefit from European football and hopefully end up our Number 1 goalie.

santinomarella

Master Poster
Nov 16, 2008
I don't think Spurs will be selling any of their better players now they have reached the Champions League, unless one of the players wants to go and I don't think any of them will give up Champions League football, so only probably go to Chelsea, United or Arsenal, well maybe not Arsenal what with their rivalry :lol:

bigdec

Dedicated Member
Dec 9, 2008
Salford
[QUOTE="squirrelbo1, post: 0]it was aimed more at the "like tevez" part. tevez left becuase you wouldnt pay his transfer fee. yet you spent ****loads on berba. how many goals has tevez got this year !? then look at how many berba got.[/quote]
Well the problem is Fergie did actually rind Tevez and told him he wanted to sign him up twice, then he went to City because they offered more, Fergie was actually going to buy him

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 0]Well that ends speculation. I hope United can get Modric still but I doubt it tbh.[/quote]
He'll be signing an extension shortly, I think the Bale extension indicates Harry is going around and handing the players contracts.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="Xelis, post: 0]He'll be signing an extension shortly, I think the Bale extension indicates Harry is going around and handing the players contracts.[/quote]

I obviously hope your wrong but I think your right. Then Silva it is!

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 0]I obviously hope your wrong but I think your right. Then Silva it is![/quote]
You definitely need to beef up your midfield. I honestly don't see a world class midfielder in your line up.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="mankind, post: 0]I forget where I read it but harry is after craig bellamy and michael carrick[/quote]

I heard the Bellamy one too, he fell out with Mancini, so I can see truth there. Carrick is ex Spurs, don't think United would let him go without a replacement, doubt the Spurs fans would welcome him back either.

Jun 15, 2008
Liverpool linked with Pantelic on a free the other day. Would be uber :cool: if it came off. Really good goalscorer, 3rd choice ST would be more than good enough. Maybe 2nd choice if we perform half decently next season and create chances.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="Xelis, post: 0]You definitely need to beef up your midfield. I honestly don't see a world class midfielder in your line up.[/quote]

Nah me neither, Nani is close to being one but he's a winger. I'm sure that will be addressed in the summer.

[QUOTE="mankind, post: 0]I forget where I read it but harry is after craig bellamy and michael carrick[/quote]

Only way he's getting Carrick is in a swap deal for Modric. Obviously money would go between to.

Here's a crazy one:

mirrorfootball said:
Real Madrid planning record-breaking £120m bid for Lionel Messi

Real Madrid are planning another record breaking transfer deal this summer with a £120million offer for Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.

It is a deal which is designed to send shock waves through world football as Real Madrid plan to upset their fiercest rivals by going for their best player.

Real Madrid paid a world record £80m to Manchester United last summer for Cristiano Ronaldo but have struggled to topple Barcelona in La Liga.

The original plan was to make the £120million offer - which is the buy-out figure written into Messi's contract - during the week of the Champions League final to detract from Barcelona playing in the Bernabeu.

But Barcelona's semi final exit has now meant they will not have to do it in that timescale but president Florentino Perez still intends to make a shock offer to show that Real Madrid mean business again this summer.

Last summer, Real Madrid spent in excess of £220million on Ronaldo, Kaka, Xabi Alonso, Karim Benzema, Alvaro Arbeloa and Raul Albiol.

But it has failed to deliver the Champions League to Real Madrid and now they plan to steal Barcelona's thunder by making a bid for Messi.

Real Madrid do not expect that Barcelona will agree to the sale and the bid will ultimately fail but it shows that they can still outgun when it comes to spending power.
[URL=""http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Real-Madrid-planning-record-breaking-120million-bid-for-Barcelona-star-Lionel-Messi-World-Exclusive-article417589.html]Source[/URL]

:lol:

Jun 15, 2008
Hehe. Will never happen, hes far too loyal to Barca and very very grateful for the treatment Barca gave him. Clause in his contract is €250m anyway i think, i know its higher than £120m. Wish papers would put a little thought into rumours, not just make stuff up which blatantly wont happen to fill space.

Oh and Mata to Barca and Henry to NY Red Bulls or a homeless shelter please thanks.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
Oh dear.... :lol:.. Messi will never leave Barca and Barca will never sell Messi, he's not a money grabbing player (Like he needs it with the wages he's on anyway) and Barca don't need the money.

desolationw

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2008
Lol @ the Messi article. Real Madrid may be able to out-spend Barcelona but they will never be able to play like Barcelona.

The last bunch of Galacticos didn't win anywhere near as much trophys as everyone expected and this bunch will do the same. 2 titles and 1 champions league in the first 2 seasons is impressive but no trophies for the next 3 seasons is laughable.

Messi to City.

Lol

would never happen.

Or would it?

o_O

Anyway time to post something decent:

Via The Guardian

Roberto Mancini lays down City law with warning to Carlos Tevez
• Tevez keen to stay despite being told to work harder
• Manager insists City will still try to buy Fernando Torres

Roberto Mancini has received a categorical assurance from Carlos Tevez that he wants to remain at Manchester City next season after summoning the club's player of the year for a clear-the-air meeting specifically aimed at addressing his complaints about the Italian's training methods.

Mancini's relationship with his leading scorer has been fractious since Tevez gave an unauthorised interview last month in which he said the club should not have sacked Mark Hughes and the players were "not happy" with being asked to take part in double practice sessions. Manager and player spoke yesterday – the second time Mancini has summoned him to his office in two weeks – and Tevez was told directly that he needed to set a better example and actually work harder.

Tevez responded favourably but Mancini, still determined to sign Fernando Torres despite City's failure to qualify for the Champions League, was happy not only to reveal what was said but also to announce there will be an even tougher training regime next season, regardless of the Argentinian's complaints.

"In the summer I will be changing every thing," Mancini said. "It will be difficult for the players and I've told them: 'Recover well in the summer because next year we will be working harder.' I am serious about this. Next season we will be playing Thursday and Sunday, and if we want to improve we have to work harder. We will have to train two times some days."

Mancini organises a double training session every Tuesday if there is no midweek match but that regime has also seen him clash with Craig Bellamy. The former Internazionale manager said he would speak to a number of other players before Sunday's game at West Ham.

Tevez ended last Tuesday's one-off session early, complaining he was tired, and his attitude has become a concern even though he has scored 29 goals this season and been the club's outstanding player.

"I wanted to speak to Carlos because I wanted to know if he was happy to play here and happy to train two times a day," Mancini said. "If he wants to improve and work hard he can be the best player in the world. But he will have to work harder. It's not a joke. Carlos knows this and he said he is happy to stay here next year. He said: 'I want to win with Manchester City.' That is important because Carlos is a top player and when you are a top player you must also be an example to the other players and the supporters."

Mancini's relationship with Bellamy, despite public pronouncements to the contrary from both sides, is so fraught the chief executive, Garry Cook, visited the player at his house recently to try to heal what has been described as "an uneasy truce".

Mancini was asked whether he was surprised that Premier League players were so willing to challenge a manager's authority. "I think they have a different culture from Italian players. But all players are the same really. They all want to play, they all want to win – and they don't want to work hard! I played for 20 years and I was the same. When I was young I didn't like to work either but afterwards I realised you can win more if you work hard."

Asked whether he had demonstrated he was in charge, he replied: "I think so. At first, I think it was difficult for the players because I did change training. But I didn't change everything. It's summer I will change everything."

By then, he will have a better idea of whether Torres is willing to leave Liverpool, but he accepted City's chances have drastically receded after failing to finish in the top four. "I don't know what chance we have. Torres is a fantastic player but it doesn't depend on us, it depends on him. We will try, but I don't know what he thinks."

The club's chairman, Khaldoon al-Mubarak, strengthened Mancini's position with a public vote of confidence after the 1-0 defeat to Tottenham on Wednesday. "If the club had decided to sack me, it's normal," Mancini said. "We are all human and we all make mistakes. Every day you make mistakes and I have often made them. But when I do make mistakes I try to improve."
City's Chairman Khaldoon Al-Mubarak has pretty much confirmed today that Mancini will be the City manager next season and 'for many years to follow'.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="TommyFewty, post: 0]Hehe. Will never happen, hes far too loyal to Barca and very very grateful for the treatment Barca gave him. Clause in his contract is €250m anyway i think, i know its higher than £120m. Wish papers would put a little thought into rumours, not just make stuff up which blatantly wont happen to fill space.

Oh and Mata to Barca and Henry to NY Red Bulls or a homeless shelter please thanks.[/quote]

Really now.. Send him back to Arsenal if you don't like him but you can't insult a legend like that. :nono

bayster

Master Poster
Dec 30, 2005
Yeah henry is a good player you were even saying that before, I think it would be good to sell him back to arsenal because I think everyone wins in that situation.

Jun 15, 2008
Henrys good when he wants to be this year. He was wonderful last year, after his first year i had my doubts because it was just a bit meh but he stepped it up last year. Wherever he goes i hope he does brilliantly, absolute god at Arsenal, my favourite foreign player to grace the prem. Just hasnt got the legs anymore to keep up with the speed of play. Question marks appear when your best game of the year is a 2nd half performance against Valencia. Mata >>> him nowadays so make it happen Pep.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="Suley, post: 0]Foster to Blues for £6 million. He's a good keeper.. and I know we're not gonna get Hart.[/quote]

I'm confused, I thought you were a United fan?

zoidy84

Forum Elder
Feb 3, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Rumour has it that both Huddlestone and Modric have just signed contract extensions, no links im afraid but that would be great news!!

I also read in paper today that Mancini said "Bellamy COULD play for City next year" .... translates in my book to we are consigned to losing him but at the right price!