The Rumour Mill/Football Transfer Thread

Danny2304

Master Poster
Feb 13, 2008
Liverpool, England
[QUOTE="Suley, post: 0]Care to explain..?
By Blues.. I mean Birmingham City.[/quote]

How can you support 2 teams never mind 2 teams in the same league.

Makes me laugh how people have a 2nd team.

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Danny2304, post: 0]How can you support 2 teams never mind 2 teams in the same league.

Makes me laugh how people have a 2nd team.[/quote]

TBF your insulting one of your own fans (Tommy) he likes both Barca and Liverpool

Danny2304

Master Poster
Feb 13, 2008
Liverpool, England
Are they in the same country and league?

Come one if you're a football fan you 'support' one team. So when Birmingham play Man utd I guess he wants a draw but Tommy Likes Barcelona as they're from Spain that doesn't bother me lots of my friends support Italian teams too. But they don't cry when they lose big games like Liverpool!

Alls I'm saying if you call yourself a football supporter you don't support a team in the same country let alone league. I can take a guess why he chose United though!

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="Danny2304, post: 0]How can you support 2 teams never mind 2 teams in the same league.

Makes me laugh how people have a 2nd team.[/quote]

Spurs are my second team, mainly because of my dad, unless of course they are playing Liverpool or playing for the same spot as Liverpool.

Jun 15, 2008
Could see where this was going. You can call me a glory hunter, call me a traitor to my club, whatever you like. Im an avid Liverpool supporter, they are my first club and always will be, will never love a club like them, its in my blood and ive been brought up with it. Barca will be my 2nd club though, im a very big "fan" of them, been following them since the old Rafa days at Valencia when he won the league, i watch every game i can and try and get all the knowledge i can on them. Whenever they play eachother i will always be behind Liverpool totally, my first love and last in terms of football. But in every other game i will always back Barca. Be it glory hunter or jumping on the Barca bandwagon if you wanna call it, i dont really care. I will forever love Liverpool and have come to be a huge fan of Barca and hope i will for a long time, admire everything about them.

Fabregas rumours linked around again, gets annoying when every summer Cesc is linked with a move away and he has to keep saying he wants to stay. He will probably move, i think Arsenal fans realise that in the end he might want to go back. But he has no reason to move right now, Xaviesta is the best midfield partnership in the world and unless Iniesta moves wide left he wont break it up, no matter what. Only other way is Xavi moving into the DM spot like Busquets plays now.

Suley

Elite Guru
Apr 9, 2009
Hertfordshire
[QUOTE="Danny2304, post: 0]Are they in the same country and league?

Come one if you're a football fan you 'support' one team. So when Birmingham play Man utd I guess he wants a draw but Tommy Likes Barcelona as they're from Spain that doesn't bother me lots of my friends support Italian teams too. But they don't cry when they lose big games like Liverpool!

Alls I'm saying if you call yourself a football supporter you don't support a team in the same country let alone league. I can take a guess why he chose United though![/quote]
Erm.. I said Birmingham City are my favourite club and United are my 2nd fav. So I obviously when Blues and United play, I'll be supporting Blues and want them to win!

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]I thought this was a transfer rumour thread? Am I in the wrong one?

I wonder if Boateng to City will be confirmed today?[/quote]

Haha somehow all threads derail into glory hunter omfg!?! discussions at one point. Annoying. Someone should make a thread where those with the energy to do so can discuss "glory hunting".

Anyway, Foster to Birmigham apperently.

rich2086

Superior Member
Apr 17, 2008
[QUOTE="Danny2304, post: 0]Are they in the same country and league?

Alls I'm saying if you call yourself a football supporter you don't support a team in the same country let alone league. I can take a guess why he chose United though![/quote]

I support one team and one team only. When watching football that doesnt involve my team i will usually have someone id rather see win but overall i dont care about the results of any team apart from my own.

As for glory hunters lol it makes me laugh i grew up over 100 miles from the likes of manchester liverpool and london yet the amount of manure, liverpool and arsenal fans that i knew was quite funny. When they got accused of being glory hunters they always denied it and came out with the line "iv supported man utd all my life". LOL what all of the last 20 years they have been at the top all of your life lol.

Support whoever you want for what ever reason you want its up to the individual. I support my team because they were local to where i was born/grew up and because they are the team my family support. They are not fashionable nor do they win many trophys but i love them and i wouldnt change them for ANYONE.

Sep 7, 2007
I've never understood the relevance of geography in regards to liking a team. By this logic only local player should play for that club? But oh well.. if it wasn't for fans globally the top teams would be nothing.

Did anyone notice during the Liverpool game against Athletico over the tannoy there were asking about a Norwegian lady :snicker :lol:

As long as you bleed that colour and it hurts you when they lose and when you win your as high as a kite I think you can class yourself as a fair supporter :cool:

zoidy84

Forum Elder
Feb 3, 2009
Plymouth, UK
Well im a Spurs fan but also support Torquay United as they are my home town team and they rock!

Anyway, have you guys seen the England 30 man squad? Can't believe Carragher is in there, he's rubbish!

rich2086

Superior Member
Apr 17, 2008
[QUOTE="zoidy84, post: 0]Anyway, have you guys seen the England 30 man squad? Can't believe Carragher is in there, he's rubbish![/quote]

cant believe im saying this but gary neville would have a been better choice :shock:. Carragher hasnt even had that good a season. there must be better right backs out there isnt there?

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="zoidy84, post: 0]Well im a Spurs fan but also support Torquay United as they are my home town team and they rock!

Anyway, have you guys seen the England 30 man squad? Can't believe Carragher is in there, he's rubbish![/quote]

Your in Plymouth? I go to uni there :snicker

Jun 15, 2008
Villa to Barca rumours emerging again. Villa is in Barcelona today to do a campaign for Adidas with Messi and a few others so a few of the Spanish papers put 2+2 together and get 19. Reports are he will announce the deal a few hours after the Valladolid game. Dont think it will happen as long as the Zlat is there. Zlat to Citeh then. Sorted.

zoidy84

Forum Elder
Feb 3, 2009
Plymouth, UK
[QUOTE="yourmumsface17, post: 0]Your in Plymouth? I go to uni there :snicker[/quote]

well i work and live in Plymouth but my heart is always in Torquay ... thats my home!

Cool, i wish i was still there, its so much better since i left (which was only 3 years ago)

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="zoidy84, post: 0]well i work and live in Plymouth but my heart is always in Torquay ... thats my home!

Cool, i wish i was still there, its so much better since i left (which was only 3 years ago)[/quote]

hehe Torquay is pretty awesome :snicker although the night life is bit of a joke :lol:

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
Id be happy about Cole going to Chelsea if Anelka left cause I fear he'll stay benched. Also three Cole's in a starting eleven, commentators nightmare lol.

Jun 15, 2008
Think he meant Birmingham cos Carlton Cole at Chelsea would be horrendous. Only good when hes on form and thats nowhere near consistent enough to warrant a move. Think he would be ok at Birmingham though, even though keeping Chucho would be so much better.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
A Swedish newspaper is reporting Zlatan is considering moving to Manchester City. Do you want him DC?

Personally I wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole, but that means he should fit in nicely at City.

zoidy84

Forum Elder
Feb 3, 2009
Plymouth, UK
[QUOTE="yourmumsface17, post: 0]hehe Torquay is pretty awesome :snicker although the night life is bit of a joke :lol:[/quote]

yeah it is, though a new club is opening on May 21st called Pure - think there's several including places like London, Manchester and i've been in the one in Newquay ... hopefully that will make it a bit better!

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="zoidy84, post: 0]yeah it is, though a new club is opening on May 21st called Pure - think there's several including places like London, Manchester and i've been in the one in Newquay ... hopefully that will make it a bit better![/quote]
Yeh that's opening where Play used to be right? I'm generally in Venue most Saturday nights :lol: it's a bit hit and miss, and a bit chavvy but oh well, always a good laugh jumping about like an idiot on the dance floor :lol:

Jun 15, 2008
Fabregas did an interview in Spanish saying if he moved it would be to Barcelona, also saying he was in no rush to leave the club and wanted his future sorted out before the WC because he wants to be able to focus. Think the end is nigh for Cescs Arsenal career, if he doesnt move this summer im pretty sure he will move next year. Only dissapointing thing if it does come off is no natural LW probably. Cesc knows where its at :cool:

Suley

Elite Guru
Apr 9, 2009
Hertfordshire
[QUOTE="Xelis, post: 0]Id be happy about Cole going to Chelsea if Anelka left cause I fear he'll stay benched. Also three Cole's in a starting eleven, commentators nightmare lol.[/quote]
lool.. by Blues I mean Birmingham City!! We were Blues before them!
[QUOTE="TommyFewty, post: 0]Think he meant Birmingham cos Carlton Cole at Chelsea would be horrendous. Only good when hes on form and thats nowhere near consistent enough to warrant a move. Think he would be ok at Birmingham though, even though keeping Chucho would be so much better.[/quote]
Well Chucho has had a pretty bad season.. there are rumours that he might leave... I think we should give him another season.

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="Suley, post: 0]lool.. by Blues I mean Birmingham City!! We were Blues before them![/quote]
... :nono

Start using proper team names...

"The guys with the coloured shirts are after ......"

:dunce