The Rumour Mill/Football Transfer Thread

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Under the impression he didn't sign for United because he was sick of the game time he was getting.

All City would have had to of done was match United wage offer and guarantee him game time.

Cyn

Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
I was under the impression that Tevez declined to sign for United because of the disdain shown to him but Ferguson, he was an important player and was treated like ****, he was right to give the finger. The deal offered at the very last minute was merely a token gesture.

The fact that many United fans look at him as a money worshipping traitor when he was only on loan in the first place is very sad.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
Who the **** did Tevez think he was? Nobody is guranteed a spot at United, I hate when players think they are given in the starting 11. You need push for spots. And we could have signed him earlier if he hadn't been so stupid that he was fooled to sign on for a company essentially making him a slave. United had problems negociating a ridicously high price with them.

Tevez legend at United? No. I used to love the guy, but all respect is gone.

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
Tevez DESERVED more of a part in that United team. When he did play, he scored and he ALWAYS gives his all.

There wasn't much more he could have done to warrant a place in the starting XI.

gn09

Elite Member
Jan 14, 2009
im so certain that gerrard + torres will leave liverpool this summer. wouldnt blame them one bit either. i expect gerrard to go to madrid.

Sep 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Kopkiwi, post: 0]Tevez DESERVED more of a part in that United team. When he did play, he scored and he ALWAYS gives his all.

There wasn't much more he could have done to warrant a place in the starting XI.[/quote]
5 league goals in his last season at United, he's a good player when he's the main man at a small club i'll give him that.

The fact that many United fans look at him as a money worshipping traitor when he was only on loan in the first place is very sad.
Maybe because he said he wouldn't sign for Liverpool out of respect to the fans, then look what he does, he signs for our other rivals, and what a suprise, for a huge amount of money

he is a MONEY WORSHIPPING TRAITOR

Not to mention some of the things he said about Fergie...

desolationw

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Kopkiwi, post: 0]Adebayour, Given, Lescott.[/quote]

Given didn't go to City for the money.

He had a choice of playing in the championship or trying to win some medals, which he deserves in his career.

Arsenal should have bought him after Seaman, probably something they regret just like fergie should have bought van der sar after schmeichal and not bosnich, barthez, taibi, gorman, carroll, ricardo and a few more, the only one i liked was tim howard.

Kopkiwi

Power Member
May 11, 2007
[QUOTE="gn09, post: 0]im so certain that gerrard + torres will leave liverpool this summer. wouldnt blame them one bit either. i expect gerrard to go to madrid.[/quote]

I wonder how many times Torres AND his Manager have to say "Torres isn't leaving" before idiots actually listen.

Gerrard, could get 40m for him, would take it then add 20m and get Ribery. Or ask for a switch with Kaka.:mrgreen:

Demiant

Super Elite
Apr 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 0]Yeah well, we offered him a very good deal at 5-years. That would make him the best paid United player but at that point he knew he could get even more at City.[/quote]
What? All we had to do to keep him was offer the 20m and we never, so he left. Can't blame the guy.

[QUOTE="Kopkiwi, post: 0]Under the impression he didn't sign for United because he was sick of the game time he was getting.

All City would have had to of done was match United wage offer and guarantee him game time.[/quote]
Yes, Fergie thought Berbs was worth 30m but Tevez wasn't worth 20 for some reason. Funny how that turned out.

[QUOTE="Cyn, post: 0]I was under the impression that Tevez declined to sign for United because of the disdain shown to him but Ferguson, he was an important player and was treated like ****, he was right to give the finger. The deal offered at the very last minute was merely a token gesture.

The fact that many United fans look at him as a money worshipping traitor when he was only on loan in the first place is very sad.[/quote]
He never declined to sign for us, we declined to pay his owner the 20m.

[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 0]Who the **** did Tevez think he was? Nobody is guranteed a spot at United, I hate when players think they are given in the starting 11. You need push for spots. And we could have signed him earlier if he hadn't been so stupid that he was fooled to sign on for a company essentially making him a slave. United had problems negociating a ridicously high price with them.

Tevez legend at United? No. I used to love the guy, but all respect is gone.[/quote]
I'd rather have Tevez than Berbs anyday... it's not even remotely debatable. Berbatov is a good player but doesn't fit in at United. Tevez did but Fergie didn't think he was worth the 20m. His mistake = us losing the Prem.

[QUOTE="yourmumsface17, post: 0]5 league goals in his last season at United, he's a good player when he's the main man at a small club i'll give him that.

Maybe because he said he wouldn't sign for Liverpool out of respect to the fans, then look what he does, he signs for our other rivals, and what a suprise, for a huge amount of money

he is a MONEY WORSHIPPING TRAITOR

Not to mention some of the things he said about Fergie...[/quote]
He's a good player when he likes the club he's playing for. His last season at us he wasn't happy because he knew we weren't going to sign him. How would you feel playing for a team and you knew no matter what you did you wouldn't get signed at the end of the season?

I guarantee you he could have banged in 20 league goals and Fergie wouldn't have signed him. Whether it's because of his own mistake or because of our crap finances, now THAT'S debatable.

I agree some of the things he's done/said since joining City have been very c*ntish but to be fair to him, the United staff treated him like crap. He's already said he loves our fans, and even our players still like the guy (Rooney & Evra mainly, they're like bestest friends forever).

Leaving to City had nothing to do with money. As far as I know, only 3 clubs were in for him: City, Liverpool, and Madrid. He didn't want to leave England and ruin his career by going to Madrid. So that leaves Liverpool & City... quite frankly, either way would've hurt just as much. If he'd have went to Liverpool, they might have finished in the top 4 so atleast by going to City he's given us a bit of pleasure at seeing the scousers fail. :D

desolationw

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2008
I believe Tevez's owners wanted £25 million and we were only prepared to pay £18 million. Also I think even if that was agreed Tevez said he would have rejected a contract because of all the farting about that was done and respect he never got from the board.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="Demiant, post: 0]What? All we had to do to keep him was offer the 20m and we never, so he left. Can't blame the guy.[/quote]

Actually we came to an agreement with his owner, all he had to do was to accept the 5-year deal.

[QUOTE="Demiant, post: 0]I'd rather have Tevez than Berbs anyday... it's not even remotely debatable. Berbatov is a good player but doesn't fit in at United. Tevez did but Fergie didn't think he was worth the 20m. His mistake = us losing the Prem.[/quote]

For pure footballing ability I'd take Tevez.

[QUOTE="desolationw, post: 0]I believe Tevez's owners wanted £25 million and we were only prepared to pay £18 million. Also I think even if that was agreed Tevez said he would have rejected a contract because of all the farting about that was done and respect he never got from the board.[/quote]

Correct. Man United went out and said they had reached an agreement with the owners but he turned the contract down, thus no deal.

Demiant

Super Elite
Apr 8, 2007
We never reached an agreement with the owners, that's the reason he left. We didn't pay the money they wanted, Man City did. He didn't reject a contract from us considering we were never able to offer him one because we didn't meet the asking price.

Tutankhamun

Ultimate Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
twitter.com
[QUOTE="Demiant, post: 0]We never reached an agreement with the owners, that's the reason he left. We didn't pay the money they wanted, Man City did. He didn't reject a contract from us considering we were never able to offer him one because we didn't meet the asking price.[/quote]

We did came to an agreement, how else would we be able to offer a contract? That would be breaking FIFA rules if you did. But he thought we had taken to long time our something like that.

bigdec

Dedicated Member
Dec 9, 2008
Salford
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]True.

Anyway. He's a bit of a legend at both clubs from the Manchester area.

But he's a talisman for City now.[/quote]
If your referring to Tevez, how is he a legend for any of us :\

Suley

Elite Guru
Apr 9, 2009
Hertfordshire
Rumour: Aiden McGeady to Birmingham City.. hope he does come.. he's been rumoured to come to us since McLeish came. So hope we get him. He's a great left winger.