Thinking about getting a new Laptop.

Sep 17, 2009
Hi! I'm just wondering if this would be good gaming laptop to get. My budget would be around 1000-1500 usd. I dunno if this would be good (seems though) :confused:

ASUS G51Vx

Suggestions are welcome. I wanna get something that would allow me to do work (basic CAD plotting, a bit of photoshop here and there) and gaming (which is mostly starcraft, DoTA, CoD, Left 4 Dead)

Thanks in advance!

You are supposed to post using black text. Comatosed.

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
Yea that should be fine for all that. A Quad core processor will let you do more things with photoshop. It will also be pretty good for gaming but laptops aren't very good for gaming. Why not just get a desktop?

Sep 10, 2005
Dont buy a laptop for games..its a waste of your money,i did the same mistake before and never again.Its will be outdated in no time and it wont be upgradeable.

Sep 17, 2009
@arfi-gorgona-O and SonyJunkie

It's not that I'm gonna go playing all day long on the laptop, I still have a pretty decent desktop system for gaming and all. I'm actually just going to use the laptop when I'm on the go or travelling (you know how those long flights pretty much bore you to death...)

So yeah. Thats it. Thanks for the replies! Do you happen to have any other suggestions?

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="leejaedong, post: 0]@arfi-gorgona-O and SonyJunkie

It's not that I'm gonna go playing all day long on the laptop, I still have a pretty decent desktop system for gaming and all. I'm actually just going to use the laptop when I'm on the go or travelling (you know how those long flights pretty much bore you to death...)

So yeah. Thats it. Thanks for the replies! Do you happen to have any other suggestions?[/quote]

That's the problem. That asus laptop is somewhat heavy and will have poor battery life.

What games do you plan to play on the laptop?

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
If you are getting it for traveling you should look at a lighter laptop which will give you better battery life. It's pretty damn hard to game when you are traveling with no mouse. Just go with an HP, Sony, Toshiba with a Core 2 Duo. No reason to get such a big laptop for nothing really.

360DiedOnMe

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
^Or he can go with an asus with a core 2 duo. That G51 is an amazing laptop and one of the guys that works with me has it, but like stated before if you do a lot of traveling with it you might want better battery life. You'll get under 2 hours with that. ASUS all the way, and if you buy directly from them you also get accidental coverage in your warranty.

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
[QUOTE="360DiedOnMe, post: 0]^Or he can go with an asus with a core 2 duo. That G51 is an amazing laptop and one of the guys that works with me has it, but like stated before if you do a lot of traveling with it you might want better battery life. You'll get under 2 hours with that. ASUS all the way, and if you buy directly from them you also get accidental coverage in your warranty.[/quote]

That will work as well.