This ever happen to you?

Feb 1, 2011
Lucky 38
It is a sad day.
My Dead Space 2 disc is broken. :(

It fit SUPER tight in the case for some reason (like the hole on the disc was too small, or the tab that holds it in the case was slightly too big).
I guess the wear-and-tear of taking the disc in and out of the case a few times snapped the disc on the inside of the hole.
The case would never let the disc out easily, no matter how gentle I could be with it.

Now I got to go buy it again, or just let it go. I don't want to let it go...but I don't want to go pay another $60+ again.

What really sucks is I didn't even install the free Extraction game off the disc before it went. And strangely enough, the disc loaded into my PS3 just fine but only showed a crack after I tried playing it and ejected it. So weird, it's almost like the PS3 had a hand it breaking it.

This has happened to me once before, and it was also an EA game. Conspiracy?
It's like the tabs in the cases are made just a sliver too big to wreck your disc or something.
Anyway... :cry:

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
It's just a rare occurrence. My cousin had it happen to his Gears of War 2 disc. It's always been a fight to get the disc out of the case, and one day it cracked the inside. After playing it in the 360 for a bit there was a chip missing.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
My first copy of LBP was cracked on the inner ring used to spin the disc.

... traded it in to gamestop and bought R2, got LBP back a month later.

Feb 1, 2011
Lucky 38
[QUOTE="Noxia, post: 5456421]Sounds like a freak occurance. I've never had a broken disc/cartridge/tape ever in all my years of gaming.[/QUOTE]

This is the 2nd time for me. First was with Madden 2004 (in 2003).
So it's been prabably about 7.5 years since the last time it happened.

Update: I'm going whole-hog. Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition here I come!
This game is too much of a masterpiece to let go. Favorite game this gen.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
sounds liek soemoen didnt press the button in the centre of the disc to remove it and instead used the edges of the disc itself to prise it out.

Feb 1, 2011
Lucky 38
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 5456483]sounds liek soemoen didnt press the button in the centre of the disc to remove it and instead used the edges of the disc itself to prise it out.[/QUOTE]

I'd press it as far as it would go, but that still wasn't enough. I always had no choice but to flex the disc a little everytime I took it out. I ultimately take responisibility for what happened; but based on the design flaw in the case it was bound to happen.
All my other PS3 games pop in and out just fine.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I remember in the days of PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube I had multiple disc that had little cracks in the hole of the cd. Nothing big but small cracks. One of my games actually did crack into the readable area but didn't snap and ended it. I don't have any disc like that now. It just seems that the disc are a little more solid this gen. But yes I have shared your pain. I can't remember what game is was.

B

Banes_Fury

I feel for anyone who has had this problem ..... twice the stupid case has messed my games up...WWWHHHYYYYYY GAME CASE PEOPLE WHY

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Banes_Fury, post: 5456662]I feel for anyone who has had this problem ..... twice the stupid case has messed my games up...WWWHHHYYYYYY GAME CASE PEOPLE WHY[/QUOTE]

It's more about how the game is taken out of the case, rather than the case itself.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
No, I can't say i've been sexually assaulted by a maverick baking oven before.

Edit: Oh, wrong thread.

No, my BD-Roms have been fairly indestructible especially compared to PC\360\Wii DVD's. I think this is due to the special silicon coating that was invented for them.

The Cage

Master Poster
Mar 6, 2007
yup :( happened to me with NFS: HP

[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5457024]It's more about how the game is taken out of the case, rather than the case itself.[/QUOTE]

not really, some cases are stupid

DaveNI1979

Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2007
Cookstown, Northern Ireland
Yes this happened to my cod waw disk, it stopped working one day and on investigation noticed it was cracked. I Just sent an email to place i bought it (shopto.net) explaining the situation and mentioned the disk was loose in the case when I opened it and got a free replacement. My advice take it back. Or read back of manual, you can order a replacement for £12 it used to be.