This is Killing me ! Router problems

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
Ok so i am very familiar with port forwarding and what is required for it too work, static ip etc outside the dhcp range and the correct ports forwarded

in the passed i have always managed to get my ports forwarded, and have had my ps3 at the NAT type 2 once upon a time.

But for the last 2 days i have been trying desperately to get it back from type 3 to type 2 for the sole purpose of little big planet. It doesn't matter what i do these ports are just not being forwarded and i have even tried using a demilitarized ip (DMZ) yet still nothing

Btw i have a dlink 504g router that supports NAT but does not support UPNP, i have done pretty much everything there is to do and am now at a complete loss, anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated

TTPS3

Dedicated Member
Feb 3, 2009
get rid of the d-link ... i have always found them to be problematic beyond the basic user ... never had issues with top range belkins ...

Nakatomi Uk

Master Poster
Feb 4, 2008
Uk
Actually cant you put your PS3 through a DMZ on that D-Link router also should have to just enters it's static IP and it will stop it from being filtered through the routers firewall.

And maybe look at a Netgear router or something they have address reservation and DMZ no need to port forward DHCP can be enabled and just reservate the address perm for your PS3 I have the DG834GT router really good.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
wired connection, straight from router to ps3...do u think its possible it is happening because i keep swapping between ps3 and pc with the ethernet cord

Nakatomi Uk

Master Poster
Feb 4, 2008
Uk
It could be, your router will having giving out an IP address to the attached hardware which it identifies by it's MAC address because your switching around the MAC address changes so it could be getting confused.

I assume because you’re passing the cable from PC to PS3 it only has 1 Ethernet port have you considered looking for an alternative router for the future. I reckon you could get a 4 port ADSL router for cheap now a days.