This makes my blood boil.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
A QUEENSLAND father who bashed a man caught molesting his 10-year-old son is facing a prison sentence, while the boy's attacker walks free.
In a highly unusual case, Shane Thomas Davidson was spared jail despite pleading guilty to molesting the boy on State Of Origin night last year.
Judge Ian Dearden told Beenleigh District Court the sentence was reduced because the young victim's father had wrongly taken action into his own hands and badly beaten Davidson.
"There is no place in our community for a vigilante approach," he said.
Davidson was sentenced on Monday to a nine-month intensive corrections order.
The boy's father is awaiting trial on one count of grievous bodily harm, which carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.
Child safety campaigner Hetty Johnston yesterday slammed the sentence for Davidson..
"In this case, they've got it woefully wrong," she said. "What the offender did was totally unnatural."
In handing down his sentence on Monday, Justice Dearden said adult offenders who committed sex offences against children must serve actual jail time – unless exceptional circumstances were found to exist.
"This is one of those rare and exceptional cases," he said. "When an individual takes the matter of punishment into their own hands, the offence committed by the person may be far, far more serious and, therefore, have far more serious consequences then the original offence."
The court was told Davidson was at the child's house at Eagleby in June last year to watch the State of Origin match with the boy's father and a few other people.
After the game, Davidson went into the boy's bedroom and began massaging the child's ***** under his clothes.
When the boy woke up, Davidson asked the boy to show him his ***** and offered to do the same.
The child refused and went to tell his father what happened.
The man then attacked Davidson, dragging him outside, throwing him on to a concrete path where he struck his head and repeatedly kicking him.
Davidson later underwent extensive facial surgery in the Princess Alexandra Hospital.
Yesterday Davidson told The Courier-Mail he regretted what he had done but didn't think it was something he should go to jail for.
"As far as these sorts of offences go, it's pretty minor," he said.
So now we dont even have the right to protect our ****ing children. Our legal system is in major need of an overhaul. If the father had of reported to the police rather than acting himself, this sick **** would have gone to court and been told by the Judge he was a naughty boy, given a slap on the wrist and then allow to continue molesting children.

When the **** is society going to realise that these perverted scum****s are not the victims, they should be offered no protection at all.

There is a notorious pedophile in QLD that has been realised from prison and re-offended time and time again. I **** you not the state government placed him in a government safehouse 50m from a primary school!!!!!! Then when the residents found out he was living there and confronted him and started hurling abuse at them the cops stood in and threatened the resident who were trying to protect their kids with arrest.

Something is going to have to give eventually. :pissed:.

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
Uh, well.

Basically, nearly everything you've said about the legal system is wrong, and you aren't showing a lot of insight into how people think, the consequences of policies, and so on.

In general, people are not "allowed to continue molesting children". The exact steps taken to stop them vary from one place to another.

As to whether they should be offered any protection at all... I suppose we could just kill them all, but short of that, we have to come up with some kind of way to try to allow them to function (but keep them away from kids).

But no, the guy wasn't trying to protect his kid. Calling the cops would have worked a lot better than what he actually did. He just lost his temper and made a bad call. Not smart, not effective. Your totally unsupported assertion that the guy wouldn't have gotten in any trouble with a judge otherwise is not only unsupported, but directly contradicted by the story -- the judge specifically stated that he would have sent the guy to jail if he hadn't just been attacked and indeed hospitalized. Instead, all he gets is nine months of "intensive corrections" and on the watch list for life. Which is actually moderately effective.

From a purely pragmatic standpoint, jail time for pedophiles is useless. They have physical abnormalities in their brains, no amount of jail time is going to change that. Keep 'em away from kids and they're probably okay, if you can't do that, you have problems.

V3nom

Provehito in Altum
Nov 17, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
shocking

i'm sure any father would have done the same.

are you telling me that if you found out another man was molesting your child you would simply call the police? no chance!

granted, he should have called the police but the red mist would be far too thick!

he has made the wrong choice on a logical scale but you cannot blame him for what he done, he was simply protecting his child from a monster.

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
If I see a man molesting my kids when I have some, I will down right kill them, end of story. Jail time for me, but well deserved death.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="Thorzilla, post: 0]If I see a man molesting my kids when I have some, I will down right kill them, end of story. Jail time for me, but well deserved death.[/quote]

I am afraid I would do the same thing. No matter how long the sentence. That would at least be one molester off the streets.

But, that is a sad story, that a Father should go to prison for defending his own child.

B

Branos93

After kicking him in the face a couple dozen times I'de probably snap his neck.

Just to make sure

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="seebs, post: 0]Uh, well.

Basically, nearly everything you've said about the legal system is wrong, and you aren't showing a lot of insight into how people think, the consequences of policies, and so on.

In general, people are not "allowed to continue molesting children". The exact steps taken to stop them vary from one place to another.

As to whether they should be offered any protection at all... I suppose we could just kill them all, but short of that, we have to come up with some kind of way to try to allow them to function (but keep them away from kids).

But no, the guy wasn't trying to protect his kid. Calling the cops would have worked a lot better than what he actually did. He just lost his temper and made a bad call. Not smart, not effective. Your totally unsupported assertion that the guy wouldn't have gotten in any trouble with a judge otherwise is not only unsupported, but directly contradicted by the story -- the judge specifically stated that he would have sent the guy to jail if he hadn't just been attacked and indeed hospitalized. Instead, all he gets is nine months of "intensive corrections" and on the watch list for life. Which is actually moderately effective.

From a purely pragmatic standpoint, jail time for pedophiles is useless. They have physical abnormalities in their brains, no amount of jail time is going to change that. Keep 'em away from kids and they're probably okay, if you can't do that, you have problems.[/quote]

Mate don't know if you are familiar with the Australian legal system, but even if the father hadn't of beaten the **** out of this guy (as I think he was right in doing) this scumbag would have gotten at most a 6 year jail sentence, would have been paroled after 2, and would have reoffended with a matter of weeks of being released. Of course the legal system does not condone child molestation, they just do jack **** to prevent from happening again & again & again & again..........

I am aware that child molesters are ****ed in the head. Hence they should either be shot or labotomised. You can not rehabilitate someone who has that kind of mental disorder, that would be like asking a gay person to stop being gay (not saying gay people should be shot or labotomised as this act occurs between consenting adults).

I take it you have no children or younger siblings as pretty much everyone I know that does would have done the exact same thing as this father.

Oct 2, 2006
What would be a useful punishment (as we know these people are sick and cannot help themselves even as most know what they are doing is wrong)?

Castration?

rblanshard

Superior Member
Apr 30, 2008
Dallas
We've had similar situations here in the States. If a burglar is in your house, you have the right to defend yourself and your house. If not, the situation changes.

I've read before where someone caught someone trying to rob his house, chased the robber out of the house, caught him, beat the s**t out of him only to have the robber press charges against the home owner...and win.

I've read that if this happens to you, beat him senseless and then drag his body back into your house.

Ultimately, there is no justice in the justice system.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Lionel Hutz, post: 0]What would be a useful punishment (as we know these people are sick and cannot help themselves even as most know what they are doing is wrong)?

Castration?[/quote]

They have tried that in the past and it does nothing to prevent the desire. You either need to remove the part of the brain responsible for creating the desire or put a piece of lead between their eyes.

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]Mate don't know if you are familiar with the Australian legal system, but even if the father hadn't of beaten the **** out of this guy (as I think he was right in doing) this scumbag would have gotten at most a 6 year jail sentence, would have been paroled after 2, and would have reoffended with a matter of weeks of being released. Of course the legal system does not condone child molestation, they just do jack **** to prevent from happening again & again & again & again..........[/quote]

So your legal system is a load of ********.

Look at it this way:

Did what the dad did have ANY POSSIBLE CHANCE of improving things? No. Will it prevent anyone, ever, from being molested? No. Will it undo any previous molestation? No.

So should we just have people beating each other up because someone did something wrong? How will that help? It won't, that's how.

If your legal system is hosed, trying to do end runs around it which result in even LESS effective policies doesn't help.

I am aware that child molesters are ****ed in the head. Hence they should either be shot or labotomised.
Would a lobotomy do anything? Well, no.

But here's the thing. You said in your first post that they're not victims, but you just pointed out that they are -- what's wrong with them is something that happened to them and is not under their control.

Treatment can help. Beating them up can't.

I take it you have no children or younger siblings as pretty much everyone I know that does would have done the exact same thing as this father.
The ad hominem (circumstantial) is a fallacy, not an argument.

Much simpler explanation: I'm not very emotional. I don't see any value in revenge, and I see a lot of harm from systems that allow people to take what they think is probably revenge. So all I care about is what works. What will reduce the harm done the most? Well, stopping people from beating each other up will help. Beating people up won't. Neither is gonna do any good for dealing with the molester; that'll take some kind of actual thought and planning in your legal system to deal with it.

(You might look at what we do, since we have much lower rates of recidivism.)

thekingtut

Superior Member
Oct 7, 2008
US of A, FL
Simple explanation: seebs is a bit of a pansy.

In all seriousness, screw lethal injections.To the electric chair with the pedo:pissed:

Serious seriousness, I would've done the same thing and I think seebs would too. Think about it seebs, some man is with your son and is jacking him off. You can't honestly say you wouldn't rip off his cojones.
What is that? You can!? Oh, so you would tell him "Sir stop jacking off my son. I will have you know that I will be pressing charges."

M

M._Bison

His father may have taken the wrong approach in the eyes of the law (I personally would have killed the piece of ****, no jokes. Someone touches my son in such a way and I will cold glock the sucker in the back of the skull), what about the child? Where is the justice for the child?

And don't give me this crap about pedos' having physical abnormalities in their' brains. If they are otherwise normal, then they should know that it is WRONG to take advantage of a child, EVEN if the desire is there. Unless you cold DO NOT UNDERSTAND RIGHT FROM WRONG, then you just deserve to get killed.

BlinkyEC

Superior Member
May 30, 2009
the legal system is screwed in every country..
you hear about this perverted crap every day and what's done about it?? nothing absolutely nothing.. they should kill the pervs they deserve it

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="seebs, post: 0]So your legal system is a load of ********.

Look at it this way:

Did what the dad did have ANY POSSIBLE CHANCE of improving things? No. Will it prevent anyone, ever, from being molested? No. Will it undo any previous molestation? No.

So should we just have people beating each other up because someone did something wrong? How will that help? It won't, that's how.

If your legal system is hosed, trying to do end runs around it which result in even LESS effective policies doesn't help.

Would a lobotomy do anything? Well, no.

But here's the thing. You said in your first post that they're not victims, but you just pointed out that they are -- what's wrong with them is something that happened to them and is not under their control.

Treatment can help. Beating them up can't.

The ad hominem (circumstantial) is a fallacy, not an argument.

Much simpler explanation: I'm not very emotional. I don't see any value in revenge, and I see a lot of harm from systems that allow people to take what they think is probably revenge. So all I care about is what works. What will reduce the harm done the most? Well, stopping people from beating each other up will help. Beating people up won't. Neither is gonna do any good for dealing with the molester; that'll take some kind of actual thought and planning in your legal system to deal with it.

(You might look at what we do, since we have much lower rates of recidivism.)[/quote]

Did the father do anything that would help? Simply put yes. It's called negative reinforcement and it is taught to most people at a very young age. Hopefully this creep will recall the pain he felt next time he tries this, not if when. Same thing as yelling at a dog for peeing inside, after they have been yelled at a couple of times (negative response) they learn that this is not acceptable.

By your reasoning serial killers are also victims of circumstance, does that make their crimes forgivable?

If they could isolate the part of his brain that was responsible for these kinds of sexual desires I'm sure removing it may have some benefit, although this is frowned upon by society. There is currently no treatment for this kind of disorder that has been proven to work.

So you are telling me that in the heat of the moment you would never throw a punch, you have no temperment at all?

Fair enough I can see what the father has done is wrong and he should go to trial, I would be quite happy to go to Jail for a cause like this, but should copping a little flogging excuse the molester of his actions? **** no it shouldn't. Extenuating circumstances is just a load of crap that lawyers have made up as it is their job to get people off wether they believe the client is innocent or not. I do not care if your Dad touched you as a child, I do not care if your mother was physically abusive, I do not care if you are part of a minority group, if you commit the crime you should face the consequences.

Where do you live mate? I may check out what your polocies are for dealing with these filth.

P.S. Seebs are you a legal student by any chance?

thekingtut

Superior Member
Oct 7, 2008
US of A, FL
[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]

Fair enough I can see what the father has done is wrong and he should go to trial,
[/quote]
I was nodding in agreement up to this. What has the father done that is wrong? Any rational, yes rational, human being would act this way.

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
[QUOTE="seebs, post: 0].Would a lobotomy do anything? Well, no.

Treatment can help. Beating them up can't.[/quote]

Well what the courts have to consider is what was going through the farther's mind when he commited the act. Obviously the farther must of felt like wiping the molester's face off the Earth. It was probably in inexcusiable for him to do so. Still there is a huge miscarrige of justice when a farther is locked up for something he did, when a child can be scared for life.

I agree with some of the things you say but the farhters thoughts where his child had no way of protecting him/herself.

If you ever heard of Baby P who was tortued his whole life and murderd at 3 years old, the mother was given a walk in the park sentence for letting it carry on.

There does need to be tougher laws on this kind of behaviour because, It is sending a message to Peadophiles that they can do a minor sentence and walk free again. Then they commit more indecensey.

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="thekingtut, post: 0]I was nodding in agreement up to this. What has the father done that is wrong? Any rational, yes rational, human being would act this way.[/quote]

Aggrivated assualt is a crime. As I said though it is a crime I would be willing to commit in this circumstance, would not care about the jail time. Could just higher some fancy lawyer to get me off on an temporary insanity plea (would this work Seebs :snicker).

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="richie217, post: 0]Mate don't know if you are familiar with the Australian legal system, but even if the father hadn't of beaten the **** out of this guy (as I think he was right in doing) this scumbag would have gotten at most a 6 year jail sentence, would have been paroled after 2, and would have reoffended with a matter of weeks of being released. Of course the legal system does not condone child molestation, they just do jack **** to prevent from happening again & again & again & again..........

I am aware that child molesters are ****ed in the head. Hence they should either be shot or labotomised. You can not rehabilitate someone who has that kind of mental disorder, that would be like asking a gay person to stop being gay (not saying gay people should be shot or labotomised as this act occurs between consenting adults).

I take it you have no children or younger siblings as pretty much everyone I know that does would have done the exact same thing as this father.[/quote]
Agreed. NZ is much the same. :roll:

Look, I know seebs' angle of what is 'moral' or what is 'logical'. But in circumstances like this;; when adrenaline and rage is driving your consciousness or decision making - what parent would not do this? Or rather, how many parents would not have a problem or not think twice about defending their child(ren)?

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
I'm about to go watch A Time to Kill.

Beating the hell out of the guy is not a surprising reaction, but it wasn't really logical. He could have probably gotten away with it if he hadn't been kicking him repeatedly on the ground. The threat had ended, and after that it's just a loss of self control by the father.

Can't say I wouldn't react the same way, but afterward I'm sure I would regret taking it too far.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
You see, you have to be able to get past that initial rage and realize that if you do kill them, then you'll go to jail and won't get to see your kids for a long time.

What's more rewarding, getting revenge or seeing your kids grow up?

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
In the heat of the moment, I'd just keep punching and kicking him until he was dead.

Then I'd burn the body beyond recognition and turn him into ash and dump the ashes. :p

richie217

Power Overwhelming
Dec 10, 2008
[QUOTE="rmac694203, post: 0]You see, you have to be able to get past that initial rage and realize that if you do kill them, then you'll go to jail and won't get to see your kids for a long time.

What's more rewarding, getting revenge or seeing your kids grow up?[/quote]

Knowing that my child does not have to fear this monster anymore would probably be the most rewarding. Sure, if you don't do anything your child will grow up with a father but he will also realise that his father is powerless to protect him and may even not report further abuse out of fear that it may upset his parents.

That's why I think there should be a one strike policy for child molesters, do not give them the chance to reoffend. Obviously this would only apply if it could be proven beyond reasonable doubt.

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
I think the death penalty should be bought in for child molesters and rapists.
They're the scum of the Earth.

I think that's one thing USA has got right. The Death Penatly.

R_Mac_1

Forum Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
[QUOTE="DonMare, post: 0]I think the death penalty should be bought in for child molesters and rapists.

I think that's one thing USA has got right. The Death Penatly.[/quote]
Only certain states allow the death penalty.

DonMare

Elite Guru
Sep 15, 2007
[QUOTE="rmac694203, post: 0]Only certain states allow the death penalty.[/quote]

Well, IMO, they're doing the right thing.

iliketehps3

Superior Member
Dec 4, 2006
No matter where you go, the world is full of pansy *** little *****es that want to "help" the bad guys. Here's my opinion. 1 rape=death penalty. 1 murder=death penalty. anything related to abuse ESPECIALLY of a child=death penalty. we need to go back to the days where the criminals were hung high in the god damn streets for everyone to see.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="DonMare, post: 0]I think the death penalty should be bought in for child molesters and rapists.

I think that's one thing USA has got right. The Death Penatly.[/quote]

[QUOTE="iliketehps3, post: 0]No matter where you go, the world is full of pansy *** little *****es that want to "help" the bad guys. Here's my opinion. 1 rape=death penalty. 1 murder=death penalty. anything related to abuse ESPECIALLY of a child=death penalty. we need to go back to the days where the criminals were hung high in the god damn streets for everyone to see.[/quote]
You see, as heinous and despicable rapists and molesters are; I don't believe the death penalty should apply, nor does it work.

Proof?

Public hangings and executions haven't deterred anyone - these crimes are still being committed. :rolleyes: