Thoughts on Switch

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA

*Beautiful screen. That 720p resolution really looks great. The size of the screen is perfect also.

*Zelda (only game I have) also looks great on big screen.

*The dock's small profile doesn't takeup a lot of space.

*The UI is simple.

Dislikes

*The joycons are a bit small for my large hands. Some grips to give it some bulk would be nice, but with the small buttons I am afraid it may hinder presses.

*The eStore is damn near barren. Not really surprising at launch, but this thing REALLY needs the virtual console.

*Lack of Wii U ports. Nintendo really needs to work to bring over the Wii U library to the Switch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a good start. Hopefully we will hear more at E3, but the Wii U library is currently being left in limbo. Just because Wii U didn't sell doesn't mean it doesn't have great games. Need to bring those over. Bayonetta 2 epsecially.

It is a great hybrid device and I'm really hoping it gets more third party support. Hopefully it will not consist of a ton of shovelware like with Wii.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Ya I enjoy mine here and there. I am excited for Mario Kart this week. Zelda is incredible, but without Zelda the Switch is damn near pointless to own. You should try Fast RMX

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Do you guys think the Pro controller for the Switch is an improvement over the Wii U?

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
I'm getting the Pro controller tomorrow. Can't really comment on Wii U cuz I've only held one a couple of times.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6528544]Do you guys think the Pro controller for the Switch is an improvement over the Wii U?[/QUOTE]

1000x better. The Wii U pro controller is terrible. The buttons are too close to each other. The Switch version fixes all the issues.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
It would be cool if you could customize the color scheme of the pro controller. For example, a purple controller where one analog stick is grey and the other is yellow with red and green buttons.